Ted Kennedy's "Seat" goes to the Republicans

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"Huh, Y.J. I never realized Kennedy had been charged, convicted and sentenced for murder. I will go as far as to say he was an egotistical, self centred SON OF A BITCH."

JLM, neither was O.J. Simpson. But just as surely as O.J. plunged the knife, Tefd Kennedy let an innocent woman drown and die.

But this was acceptable for the Democrats for 46 years. After all they embrace a racist Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard Robert Byrd as their one of their own, even longer than Kennedy.

And they have the nerve to call Republicans racists.

Y.J. He was probably drunk and definitely acting irresponsibly, but I don't think he "let" an innocent woman die. Had the authorities been "Johnny on the Spot" he may have been charged with impaired driving causing death, but even that much is mere speculation and that he would have been convicted would be even greater speculation. Don't get me wrong, I had no use for the S.O.B.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Please correct me if I am wrong. I have seen a number of references to the Democrats having lost their majority in the Senate, but don't they still have 59 seats to the Republicans 41? It seems to me this is a much larger Senate majority than George Bush enjoyed and he was able to pay a considerable amount of damaging legislation when he was in power.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Please correct me if I am wrong. I have seen a number of references to the Democrats having lost their majority in the Senate, but don't they still have 59 seats to the Republicans 41? It seems to me this is a much larger Senate majority than George Bush enjoyed and he was able to pay a considerable amount of damaging legislation when he was in power.
I'm thinking the conservatives on here are just having a wet dream. The Republicans have blown their credibility. Time to pay the piper and stop whining.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
I'm thinking the conservatives on here are just having a wet dream. The Republicans have blown their credibility. Time to pay the piper and stop whining.

With all due respect," Brown fired back, "It is not Ted Kennedy's seat. It is not the Democrats' seat. It is the people of Massachusetts' seat." And they have spoke loud and clean.

Reeling from the loss of a long-held Massachusetts Senate seat, Democrats are rethinking the lessons of Barack Obama's 2008 election, with the GOP cheerfully suggesting they scale back their ambitions and agenda. The Dems have pushed the majic button and have woken the American people. :lol::lol:

Analysis: GOP sees Mass. win as stop sign for Dems - Yahoo! News

"Beginning of the end." Whos your momma "slap", whos your momma "slap" One down 10 more to go.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
With all due respect," Brown fired back, "It is not Ted Kennedy's seat. It is not the Democrats' seat. It is the people of Massachusetts' seat." And they have spoke loud and clean.

Reeling from the loss of a long-held Massachusetts Senate seat, Democrats are rethinking the lessons of Barack Obama's 2008 election, with the GOP cheerfully suggesting they scale back their ambitions and agenda. The Dems have pushed the majic button and have woken the American people. :lol::lol:

Analysis: GOP sees Mass. win as stop sign for Dems - Yahoo! News

"Beginning of the end." Whos your momma "slap", whos your momma "slap" One down 10 more to go.

Did the people of the United States really believe that Obama was going to fix all their problems in one year, or that the problems that Bush was too stupid to fix were going to be easy to fix?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I'm not sure why so many people find this upset so surprising. Many years ago I discovered that Conservatives and Liberals are basically the same thing and now perhaps the Americans are finding the same thing with REpublicans and Democrats.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
.....and the understatement of the year award goes to.......

Bush made a bit of a mess.

Congratulations Eagle....you win.:lol:

Most problems that Obama faces today were left to him by Bush.

Oh and the GOP gets Ted's seat? Who cares on this side of the boarder, shouldn't you be talking to Americans about this instead of Canadians:?:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
.....and the understatement of the year award goes to.......

It was an understatement and said with tongue in cheek.

Congratulations Eagle....you win.:lol:

Most problems that Obama faces today were left to him by Bush.

Well I didn't just win, the people won or at least the people from Massachusetts were heard.

I agree they were but Obama said he could fix them as did the Democrats.

Oh and the GOP gets Ted's seat? Who cares on this side of the boarder, shouldn't you be talking to Americans about this instead of Canadians:?:

Well this forum has a US-American Politics section and if Canadians want to participate they are welcome to and if they do not want to participate they do not have to. Believe me I am talking face to face with Americans but I belong to one forum...Canadian Content; because it is fun and I like it here and like a lot of the people here.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

They still have the majority but they lost what they call the Super Majority. By losing that one seat it makes it a little more difficult to roll over the GOP Minority.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

I am not sure what you mean. The Republicans just snatched a seat from very Liberal Massachusetts, Kennedy's old seat. This is the type of talk that caused them to lose that seat. If the GOP can win a seat in Massachusetts then no seat is safe.

It is time for the Democrats to move back towards the center.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
In '94 Clinton was smart enough to move to the center and win a second term in '96.......
Will Obama take the hint after last night?????

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
It was an understatement and said with tongue in cheek.

Ahh....didn't pick up on that, largely because you have defending the knob in the past.:p

Well I didn't just win, the people won or at least the people from Massachusetts were heard.

I was referring to your "understatement of the year" award.

I agree they were but Obama said he could fix them as did the Democrats.

I don't think he said they would be fixed within one year. Do Americans stand in front of microwaves and scream, "hurry up already"?:lol:

Well this forum has a US-American Politics section and if Canadians want to participate they are welcome to and if they do not want to participate they do not have to. Believe me I am talking face to face with Americans but I belong to one forum...Canadian Content; because it is fun and I like it here and like a lot of the people here.

Yeah we are very interesting and learned people when it comes to the outside world....plus I have checked it out....there are no decent American forums that aren't strife with very bad behavior and bigotry. No wonder you hang out in a more civil and Canadian atmosphere.:canada:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
In '94 Clinton was smart enough to move to the center and win a second term in '96.......
Will Obama take the hint after last night?????

He was smart enough. He was the best politician in my lifetime ever to hold that seat. He actually came in to the White House just left of center.

Obama came from the Left so I am not so sure if he is. He has a lot from the Left saying "No...you promised us progressive change!" today. But he also has a lot of conservative Democrats shaking in their seats.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Bush, Clinton and Reagan contributed to the current US economic mess and Obama has to live with it. He's politically damaged now and could be a one term wonder. Could leave room for Hilary in 2010.

By ending the useless wars, that could help economic growth a great deal.

I met an American the other day and he complained that the rules for buying a house in Canada are so strict. lol I was. Why is real estate speculation considered the holy grail of economic growth?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ahh....didn't pick up on that, largely because you have defending the knob in the past.:p

Yes I did and I also critisized him. I was happy to see him go. However I wasn't full of hatred for the guy.

I was referring to your "understatement of the year" award.

Oh...what do I get?

I don't think he said they would be fixed within one year. Do Americans stand in front of microwaves and scream, "hurry up already"?:lol:

That is a good analogy when it comes to American Politics. The feeling here is that the Democrats and Obama are focused on progressive legislation as opposed to fixing what has been broke...the economy. That was the message.

Yeah we are very interesting and learned people when it comes to the outside world....plus I have checked it out....there are no decent American forums that aren't strife with very bad behavior and bigotry. No wonder you hang out in a more civil and Canadian atmosphere.:canada:

Well I've seen PLENTY of that here. Our mods are always busy with the green ink. And apparently there aren't any better Canadian Forums than CanCon. You're back aren't you? ;-)

Reactions: Ron in Regina

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Some expected him to keep their gas tanks full and pay their mortgages.. :smile:

That was indeed a stunner. Well that is what some thought.

Two days after the election they are still talking about it on every US News Channel. The Democrats are reeling a bit.