Surviving Terrorism

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Really?? Isn't all that military hardware to protect them from some bottle rockets fired from Gaza?? (taps foot repeatedly)

How about real vs engineered?? Is there a difference in that the people should react differently based on the root cause?

The point I'm trying to make is how you react to terrorism, yes a country has a right and duty to its citizens to defend itself, but when a suicide bomber blows up a falafel stand the people re build and carry on the next day instead of running around like farts in a blizzard demanding the government to take action. Unlike the west where such action spawned such illiberal edicts like the USAPATRIOT Act.

What's the difference between real and engineered? The root cause of terrorism is to instill terror, and if it works it has succeeded.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
yes the wood pile is terrified
it knows we are coming

we'll burn your ash you birtches

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
thr sun is god, all good comes hither , sunshinebinds, if you have to be be nice

nice rules, you object,nice rules, sorry

N ice Rules, be nicebwhen uou can, it's a measure of yore

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Yeah, but with the lottery you must buy a ticket and so choose to play
Like parking in a fire zone so to speak
It changes the odds somewhat

Then of course you have false flag terrorism...
whistleblow and your odds of becoming a statistic go way up

Never tell the truth the whole truth or any part of the truth, collect your pension on schedual, or else.

You can fall back on firewood if you must, best got on tap, oil and gas.,give it to me, or else.

The Canadien Government is incapable of terrorism, because they are incapable, of driving a bycycle,The Capital of Canada is somewhere in the ME.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
As long as the Canadian government continues to kiss the Yanks butt, we should be safe from their terrorism.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Here are seven steps you can take to maximize your chances of survival in a time of random terrorist attacks.

1. Eat well.

2. Take moderate exercise daily.

3. Don't smoke.

4. Drink in moderation.

5. Don't speed.

6. Wear seatbelts.

7. Pay full attention to your driving.

Ya think the terrorists really care about that sh*t?

As long as the Canadian government continues to kiss the Yanks butt, we should be safe from their terrorism.

Who have the Yanks really terrorized so far?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You are joking, right?
Japan - dropped two atom bombs after they surrendered.
Vietnam
Iran
Iraq
Afghanistan
Grenada
Somalia
Libya
off the top of my head...

You're kidding Cliffy! I'm not going through your whole list but with Japan for starters you may have forgotten the little incident at Hiroshima, Dec. 7 1941. It was only after the bomb was dropped on Nagasaki that the Japs surrendered and then there was the Jap P.O.W. camps. Need I go on?
P.S. Nagasaki was bombed Aug.8/45, Japan surrendered Aug. 15/45. Some interesting reading includes...........................http://listverse.com/2014/05/06/10-japanese-atrocities-from-world-war-ii/

As far as Vietnam goes Cliffy, Kennedy went to aid of S. Vietnam 7 years after the war already started.
Battlefield:Vietnam | Timeline

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
better then burning babies like the british do
Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals
Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals

terrifrying

But we here in Canada are civileyed, we just did genocide with residential schools
some of the children lived
Genocide ? can you provide the numbers ? Why if we killed all those natives are they the fastest growing demographic in Canada ? And who exactly are populating the reserves ?

You're kidding Cliffy! I'm not going through your whole list but with Japan for starters you may have forgotten the little incident at Hiroshima, Dec. 7 1941. It was only after the bomb was dropped on Nagasaki that the Japs surrendered and then there was the Jap P.O.W. camps. Need I go on?
P.S. Nagasaki was bombed Aug.8/45, Japan surrendered Aug. 15/45. Some interesting reading includes...........................10 Japanese Atrocities From World War II - Listverse

As far as Vietnam goes Cliffy, Kennedy went to aid of S. Vietnam 7 years after the war already started.
Battlefield:Vietnam | Timeline
Come on Cliff will never let facts get in the way of a good meme . Funny how he always forgets Canada's involvement in the atomic bombs dropped on Japan .

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How is this different from surviving an unexpected disaster?
Basically anything that interferes with basic services would result in many death if the basics of survival. A disruption in power would result in a lifestyle that would be equal to an bomb and the survivors would experience the same calamity as the ones outside the blast zone.
If annual rainfall increases or the rains are more severe moving back from the banks of the streams and rivers would seem to be a do it sooner or later so why not do it sooner. Flood allowance devices are easier to build if they are above water when the landscaping is done.

It greatly puzzles me why anyone would want to make a case of Terrorists among Americans when there is the following list of 10 chaps who weren't exactly stellar Statesmen.
Top 10 Terrorists Of All Time | News One
If we don't know the top 10 in Americas list then how do we judge other nations to them holding life for their citizens that is equal to what it is in America. Perhaps the original asking for the poor or Europe was more like asking for cannon fodder in a war that was designed in making a lot of money for the people with the money and the boats than it was about offering a richer life for all that came over, no matter how poor you were. The only difference between owning slaves and running a company town is in the spelling, the same class separation exists in both cases.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Here are seven steps you can take to maximize your chances of survival in a time of random terrorist attacks.

1. Eat well.

2. Take moderate exercise daily.

3. Don't smoke.

4. Drink in moderation.

5. Don't speed.

6. Wear seatbelts.

7. Pay full attention to your driving.

Terror is an infliction of the mind/heart, is it not, TB?

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'
Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday." (Psalm 91:1-6 NIV)

The song-writer (presumed to be Moses) prescribes a preventative heart health plan.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How is this different from surviving an unexpected disaster?
Basically anything that interferes with basic services would result in many death if the basics of survival. A disruption in power would result in a lifestyle that would be equal to an bomb and the survivors would experience the same calamity as the ones outside the blast zone.

Does that make surviving the 'human'? perpetrators any easier?

If we don't know the top 10 in Americas list then how do we judge other nations to them holding life for their citizens that is equal to what it is in America. Perhaps the original asking for the poor or Europe was more like asking for cannon fodder in a war that was designed in making a lot of money for the people with the money and the boats than it was about offering a richer life for all that came over, no matter how poor you were. The only difference between owning slaves and running a company town is in the spelling, the same class separation exists in both cases.

There's no doubt some bad bastards in a list of worst Americans (John Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer) but they aren't included in the world's worst............ooooooh and Cliffy's favourite, George Bush! So I'm just suggesting that before we agonize over American scoundrels we consider these other one (who may in fact have contributed to America's bad boys) I'm sure Japan's leader contribute greatly to the nefariousness of Harry Truman and Osama bin Laden contributed to the nefariousness of George Bush.

Last edited:

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Terror is an infliction of the mind/heart, is it not, TB?

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'
Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday." (Psalm 91:1-6 NIV)

The song-writer (presumed to be Moses) prescribes a preventative heart health plan.

*affliction