Study Hard and You, Too, Can Deliver Pizza

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
And then whines about when it turns out to be the wrong choice.

? Where is Tyr whining. Her article says right after talking about the long distances driven that she learned to love it. It sounds like she quite enjoyed her job, as she stated she didn't NEED it. Congrats Tyr, on finding something to do with your evenings.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Maybe it's just an impression.... I thought based on a "...43 year old mother of three...." and a profile that says male, it's most likely an article about someone else. Otherwise, someone takes "you can be whomever you want to be" seriously. Maybe somebody is more confused?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Maybe it's just an impression.... I thought based on a "...43 year old mother of three...." and a profile that says male, it's most likely an article about someone else. Otherwise, someone takes "you can be whomever you want to be" seriously. Maybe somebody is more confused?
I'm not confused now. Tyr is the poster of the article and the author of the title of the thread. The pizza delivery lady is the subject and author of the article.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Solution!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
How heartbreaking. I fly 1800km round trip to get to work. Where is my string quartet? If you are going to move away from the jobs to a small town, have a litter of kids, refuse childcare you can expect to be delivering pizza by night since most labs are closed afer 5PM. What a load of crap.
Hpope you have airmiles or aeroplan
Where in hell do you work?

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I think some of you people need to learn to read.

I don't see where she's complaining; it sounds to me like she's quite happy doing what she's doing. I don't see any complaints, simply some interesting observations on life.

Pretty much and i think Tyr made up the title.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I think some of you people need to learn to read.

I don't see where she's complaining; it sounds to me like she's quite happy doing what she's doing. I don't see any complaints, simply some interesting observations on life.
I completely agree. I think she is quite enjoying herself inspite of her degree. I think she finds it humorous that some of the more serious kids look at her as a "nothing" when she in fact has a degree. She's lined the town up so that she makes the most tips. She's having fun or she wouldn't be doing it. She started out doing it because she was bored but she turned it into something fun. More power to her if that's what she likes.:lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Quoting petros How heartbreaking. I fly 1800km round trip to get to work. Where is my string quartet? If you are going to move away from the jobs to a small town, have a litter of kids, refuse childcare you can expect to be delivering pizza by night since most labs are closed afer 5PM. What a load of crap.
Where in hell do you work?
The Trans Hudson Orogen, Athabasca Basin and further.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
Quoting petros How heartbreaking. I fly 1800km round trip to get to work. Where is my string quartet? If you are going to move away from the jobs to a small town, have a litter of kids, refuse childcare you can expect to be delivering pizza by night since most labs are closed afer 5PM. What a load of crap.
The Trans Hudson Orogen, Athabasca Basin and further.

No offense intended but you sound suspiciously like a rockhound.

Your 1800km is a cakewalk.
I fly 7000km every single time I go to work.
And that's actually a doddle, I used to fly 13 1/2 hours non-stop Vancouver to Hong Kong every month.
Coach to boot.
Drop a few Robaxacet or Valium to kill the muscle cramps.

We all do what we gotta do.
I would rather deliver pizza than sit next to the fat,smelly guy who hacks up a lung for 13 or 14 hours.

Trex

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I delivered pizza for two years to pay for my studies. It was really quite enjoyable, but I had a good employer. The money was good provided you had a cheap car and were quick, I actually had to take a pay cut when I started my professional career.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:-?....
"I'm a 43-year-old mother of three young kids with a Master of Science degree. I also deliver pizzas for a living."

........mother of three
........Master of Science
........deliver pizzas
........which one of the kids has the master of science ?
........do they all have MS's ?

Is it not all about choices ?

This should be moved to the Philosophy section.........?

:confused4: