Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
got off at noon today, watched the Indy Cars do their 'zooom'

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
That is more along the lines of *putt-putt-putt* than *zzzzooooooommmmm!*, Durka. ;) LOL! Good picture, though. Any ones taken with the cars racing?:)

That car was going about 100 mph when I took it, faster shutter speeds pretty much freeze the action

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Swainson Hawk ... all the juveniles are becoming independent

Blue Heron

Last edited:

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Rocking photos dude. I remember when you got into this not so long ago.
I love pics of TO and you've got some great ones.

BTW, Sheraton Centre.

Massive wall of windows, some hotel in Toronto (Can't remember the name)

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Rocking photos dude. I remember when you got into this not so long ago.
I love pics of TO and you've got some great ones.

BTW, Sheraton Centre.

Massive wall of windows, some hotel in Toronto (Can't remember the name)

I love the density of the windows in that hotel.

yeah, I'm a somewhat recent "photographer", love it though, my passion besides beer

Something I came across the other day in TO. Congrats to him for making a living with his disadvantages.

Shot I took of my niece a couple weeks back at centre island, Toronto.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
So ... my daughter and children went on vacation and googled the route before leaving. She started on a road that was paved and there were a few other cars, but the the further she went, the fewer the cars and the bumpier the road. Soon, she was on a single lane, dirt, bumpy logging road ... for two hours. Normally, her four children don't get carsick, but it started with the youngest, three years old. His big sister was holding the bag for him. Next, the 5 year old, followed closely by the 8 year old. My daughter doesn't normally travel with a lot of extra bags, so they had to share the bags. After about 5 stops, she was pretty sure that they were near the end of the road and could tie them off ... but the road kept going. They had to untie and reuse the bags. The oldest held on until they arrived at destination, but only long enough to get into the bathroom, and then there was a bit of an explosion. The oldest said that she was okay until, in the movie they were watching, the children were holding drumsticks with pink socks pretending to eat the baby ... that put her over the top.

She tells it so much better than I, but can imagine it was quite the hilarious experience ... after the fact.

Speaking of pink socks ... born July 4, 2011 but he has blue socks ... Percy .. . 8 lb 12 oz

15 months apart ... the oldest looks like elmer fudd to me.

Last edited:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Had a photo of mine published in the Guardian (UK) yesterday for an opinion piece on the war on bicycles in Toronto. First time being published in a paper overseas.

Toronto's removal of bike lanes marks opening salvo in 'war on cycling' | Anna Soper | Environment | guardian.co.uk

photo I took a few days back while waiting for the subway:

All sizes | Impatient | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Excellent news, Durka. Of course, I am a little surprised to find out that your real name isn't Durka at all!;) LOL!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Excellent news, Durka. Of course, I am a little surprised to find out that your real name isn't Durka at all!;) LOL!
And all this time I thought he was a Muslim terrorist. Man, some people know how to be incognito, hiding the fact that he was a serial photographer. Crafty I say, Crafty!

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Great Photo!

Can you maybe help me out with my camera settings. I guess someone was fooling around with it and all my images that used to be crystal clear and perfect or full of noise. I have the Canon EOS 30D with a 70-200 lens. I've got the lens set for 1.2 min instead of 2.5 min. Do you think that would make a difference.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Great Photo!

Can you maybe help me out with my camera settings. I guess someone was fooling around with it and all my images that used to be crystal clear and perfect or full of noise. I have the Canon EOS 30D with a 70-200 lens. I've got the lens set for 1.2 min instead of 2.5 min. Do you think that would make a difference.

The 1.2m or 2.5m shouldn't come into effect unless you are trying to focus on something closer then 1.2.

Stupid question I know, but do you have the lens set to AF? It could have been easily changed if someone was playing with it.

Also, check to see where you focus point is aimed via the display, someone could have moved it into the bottom left or right corner, causing images to be out of focus. Also check the ISO setting, if under 800, you shouldn't see much noise.