So you still take "climate scientists" seriously?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Did I ask you?

How did the models fail?

Don't like the scientists involved?

Which ones?

What papers have you read to confirm this?

Did you do your own research?

Publish any papers?

.........or, did you read an online blog with the Koolaid guy at the bottom confirming your predisposed beliefs like taxi accused the scientists of doing without a shred of evidence to support it?

The only thing that would convince me personally that AGW is garbage would be to expose a vast.....and I mean vast conspiracy.

Call me the magic bullet guy.....prove to me that it is all one big hoax.

Someone needs to school you

Silly question... None have proven any form of accuracy (unless you count inaccurate as a form)

Don't care about them

Carla

Yes, all of them

Yes

About 912

Done that too

East Anglia, the UN and IPCC

A lack of ocean modelling. Since geophysicists can't currently model and predict the systems that drive ocean currents let alone ocean currents themselves, there is absolutely no way of predicting atmospheric responses to said oceanic systems.

I'm sure somebody will call bull**** without verifying this fact.

Have fun kids.

I see a rye and water in my immediate future, I even developed a model to determine the probability of said prediction.

... Success... 100% success and complete consensus from the international scientific community

Cheers bud..

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
:)
I see a rye and water in my immediate future, I even developed a model to determine the probability of said prediction.

... Success... 100% success and complete consensus from the international scientific community

Cheers bud..
I see a cider and bbq in mine.

We went for dinner last night and capped off with a double of Oban for dessert.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I don't know a d@mn thing about science and couldn't begin to have a half way intelligent discussion on the subject so that's why I generally stay away from it. However, I found a recent tv show about South Dakota on local PBS to be quite interesting: it reported findings of alligator fossils and swamps in prehistoric excavations there. This is proof that climate change can happen. The question is, when will the next one take place.

I leave that question up to the experts.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't know a d@mn thing about science and couldn't begin to have a half way intelligent discussion on the subject so that's why I generally stay away from it. However, I found a recent tv show about South Dakota on local PBS to be quite interesting: it reported findings of alligator fossils and swamps in prehistoric excavations there. This is proof that climate change can happen. The question is, when will the next one take place.

Climate has definitely changed. My home province of SK was once at the base of a tropical sea. Certainly if one steps outside in January once can easily see that the climate has changed since a) they are not swimming and b) its not quite tropical.

Also the assorted ice ages, etc. are also indications that the climate is far from constant.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
this isn't even a political thing anymore (although usually the sides were already made-up) but one of defiance. the way the media, mental masturbators and money interests have simply fooled a lot of seemingly intelligent people into thinking that suddenly, just recently, the world has gone to hell and it is because of the 'right', or 'oil' or ignorant nasty moderators is stunning. the gullibility is sad. these people used to be free thinkers, the wonderers. now they become numbed.

...now they have become drones for the cause, regardless of the embarrassment they are feeling. they will never submit or relent because to do so would mean losing face, not the debate, because there is no goddamn debate and they know it. they will go down with their ship. it's sad to watch. it's like benny hinn and jim jones grabbed their hands and have led them along.it's a cult man.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

What question? We are already well into the LIA. That's why they keep lying to us with this bogus warming crap.

this isn't even a political thing anymore (although usually the sides were already made-up) but one of defiance. the way the media, mental masturbators and money interests have simply fooled a lot of seemingly intelligent people into thinking that suddenly, just recently, the world has gone to hell and it is because of the 'right', or 'oil' or ignorant nasty moderators is stunning. the gullibility is sad. these people used to be free thinkers, the wonderers. now they become numbed.

...now they have become drones for the cause, regardless of the embarrassment they are feeling. they will never submit or relent because to do so would mean losing face, not the debate, because there is no goddamn debate and they know it. they will go down with their ship. it's sad to watch. it's like benny hinn and jim jones grabbed their hands and have led them along.it's a cult man.

I liked The Cult. Very tight band I thought, lot's of haunting tunes.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I see a cider and bbq in mine.

We went for dinner last night and capped off with a double of Oban for dessert.

Good on ya bud.. The BBQ description has made me jealous, only to be amplified by the Oban (one of my favorites)

Well put gopher, particularly in terms of the general observations.

In my neck of the woods (AB, Canada) they have found bits and pieces of fossilized ferns (ie tropical growth) in Northern AB drill sites in drill cuttings taken from depths of <1,500 m... Obviously, we are talking about geologic time frames here, but that considered, the climate was clearly much different from what contemporary history has shown.

The underlying message is that there is far more that we don't know as opposed to the tiny amount that we do know

I liked The Cult. Very tight band I thought, lot's of haunting tunes.

Had a chance to meet that band 10 years ago.. A colleague's niece was married to a member... Cool dudes

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
This makes me think of my work and meeting certain individuals that seem to think they know a detail about my profession I should know (or they think I don't) but somehow in their thinking they assume they know my profession better then I do because of that.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
hockey schtick ‏@hockeyschtick1

How much of this warming is real? And how much was created back at the lab? | Herald Sun

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It's not there anymore. What is his evidentiary basis for believing it. He thinks sceintists are full of crap, so just wondering who told him the place used to be a tropical sea. God?

I never said scientists are full of crap. But I don't necessarily think climate scientists are real scientists.

Plenty of evidence of an ancient sea bed. Potash for one.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
hockey schtick ‏@hockeyschtick1

How much of this warming is real? And how much was created back at the lab? | Herald Sun

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Oh those pesky thermometers and scientists...if only there was a way to check the thermometer record, like say with some temperature record that doesn't fill in the temperature over my house with the temperature measured at the airport...

Oh right, there is! Check out the nearly parallel lines (equivalent trends). One from those bastards at CRU using thermometers with homogeneity adjustments, the other courtesy of that stalwart skeptic John Christy, using orbitting satellites:

The satellites don't fill in the temperature over Mississauga with the temperature measured in Oakville. They're showing the same thing though. Huh. That's called replication of results. Different systems of measurement, and different systems of analysis.

Science!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Oh those pesky thermometers and scientists...if only there was a way to check the thermometer record, like say with some temperature record that doesn't fill in the temperature over my house with the temperature measured at the airport...

Oh right, there is! Check out the nearly parallel lines (equivalent trends). One from those bastards at CRU using thermometers with homogeneity adjustments, the other courtesy of that stalwart skeptic John Christy, using orbitting satellites:

The satellites don't fill in the temperature over Mississauga with the temperature measured in Oakville. They're showing the same thing though. Huh. That's called replication of results. Different systems of measurement, and different systems of analysis.

Science!
But people with stock portfolios heavily invested in oil and gas say the science is bunk, so it must be. How could billions of tone of pollutants in the atmosphere and water possibly affect the climate.

This debate will go on until the naysayers choke on their own biased opinions.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Climate deniers can't decide if their argument is about denying the cause of warming or weather it is warming at all. Always a new spin.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Whether?

But people with stock portfolios heavily invested in oil and gas say the science is bunk, so it must be. How could billions of tone of pollutants in the atmosphere and water possibly affect the climate.

This debate will go on until the naysayers choke on their own biased opinions.

When you're choking on O3 this winter don't bitch at me.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
For the math crowd. I heard just the other day that the 'clock' was going to have to be 'changed' as the rotation of the earth was slowing due to interaction with the moon. My question is how often does that happen and would that rate be different or the same if the expanding earth made the circumference 6' larger every year. With no subduction, how many years at the same spin rate would it be before a second would have to be added would be about ???years