Science & Environment

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Volcano begins erupting in southwest Iceland near airport
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Publishing date:Aug 03, 2022 • 22 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation

REYKJAVIK, Iceland — A volcano in southwest Iceland began erupting Wednesday, the country’s meteorological authorities said.

The Icelandic Meteorological Office said the eruption is near the Fagradalsfjall mountain, 32 kilometres (20 miles) southwest of the capital, Reykjavik. A live video feed from the site shows molten lava spewing from a narrow fissure.

The eruption follows days of small earthquakes in the area and is close to Keflavik Airport, Iceland’s international air traffic hub.

An eruption in the same area last year — the first on Iceland’s Reykjanes Peninsula in almost 800 years — produced spectacular lava flows for several months.

Iceland, located above a volcanic hotspot in the North Atlantic, averages an eruption every four to five years.

The most disruptive in recent times was the 2010 eruption of the Eyjafjallajokull volcano, which sent clouds of ash and dust into the atmosphere, interrupting air travel for days between Europe and North America because of concerns the ash could damage jet engines.

More than 100,000 flights were grounded, stranding millions of passengers.
1659619413626.png

Reactions: petros

socratus

socratus
Dec 10, 2008
Israel
www.worldnpa.org
Science & Environment
The environment of Earth is the Solar system
The environment of Solar system is Milky way
The environment of Milky way is the infinite cosmic vacuum

Attachments

• Vacuum-cotains-all-of-being.jpg
    Vacuum-cotains-all-of-being.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Vacuum-perfect.jpg
    Vacuum-perfect.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ohio woman claims she recorded audio of female Bigfoot
Author of the article:postmedia News
Publishing date:Aug 04, 2022 • 3 days ago • 1 minute read • 6 Comments
1967 frame from Roger Patterson - Bob Gimlin film of Sasquatch (bigfoot) from internet.
1967 frame from Roger Patterson - Bob Gimlin film of Sasquatch (bigfoot) from internet.
A Bigfoot hunter claims the elusive creature returned last month to the woods near her home in rural Loudonville, Ohio, and she made an audio recording of what she heard, the New York Post reports.

Suzanne Ferencak told the Mansfield News Journal the two-minutes of audio recorded July 3 was the first time she’s ever recorded howling during her time as a seeker of Sasquatch over the past decade.

Ferencak said she suspects the sounds came from a young or female Bigfoot calling her babies while an analyst said there’s “high potential” the recording was one Bigfoot attempting to contact another.

“The first howler has a brassy tone to its voice that can be indicative (of Sasquatch),” the analyst told the Mansfield New Journal.

But according to USA Today, nearby Mohican State Park workers say the sounds could’ve come from an alpha male coyote calling its pack.

Ferencak told the Mansfield News Journal she first saw Bigfoot in May 2013 when it allegedly hopped over a back road southeast of her town.

She said for several years, she heard knocks and howls, as well as had other sightings, but the activity had stopped.

However, she bought an audio recorder to her backyard just in case.

“If I’m out, I always have a recorder going,” she told the Mansfield News Journal. “I’ve been doing this for nine years.”
1659916845895.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Plastics producers ask court to quash planned federal ban on single-use straws, cups
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Publishing date:Aug 10, 2022 • 17 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation

OTTAWA — More than two dozen plastic makers are asking the Federal Court to put an end to Ottawa’s plan to ban several single-use plastic items including straws, cutlery and takeout containers.

It is the second lawsuit filed in the court by a coalition of plastics makers calling themselves the Responsible Plastic Use Coalition.

The first suit filed in 2021 seeks to overturn the government’s decision to designate plastics as “toxic” under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act.

Environment Minister

used that designation to publish regulations that will ban the sale, import and production of six plastic items.

The second lawsuit filed in mid-July asks the Federal Court to quash the ban, prohibit the government from using the act to regulate single-use plastics and prevent the ban from being implemented in the meantime.

Guilbeault says he is confident the government’s regulations will be upheld and would rather work with the industry to improve recycling than battle the sector in court.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I demand compensation for my hurt feelings as an Oppressed-American!
Crap - the pothole's lawyer showed up. Sorry - i meant to say "materially challenged road space". We can fix this, i'll grab some blackto... NOPE NOPE - i meant ASPHALT - what? Who said that? Some of my best friends are potholes!! Oh, is that a door? THUMP Thump thump thump thump

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Crap - the pothole's lawyer showed up. Sorry - i meant to say "materially challenged road space". We can fix this, i'll grab some blackto... NOPE NOPE - i meant ASPHALT - what? Who said that? Some of my best friends are potholes!! Oh, is that a door? THUMP Thump thump thump thump
My as has no phalts, thank you very much.

"It's a perfect circle!"
--Dieter, Sprockets