Roe v. Wade overturned?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Are they declaring a fertilized egg a Person or declaring it Human with Human Rights?

Do you have an issue with Rights and Duties of the Person under our current Canadian Charter and Bill of Right defining the Status of Persons or do you have issues with Human Rights?

What's your beef?
It is not a person or human until after being born.So any anti abortion laws are doomed to failure. Then again, there are lots of religious fruitcakes that prefer their dogma over science. Also many of the same group are opposed to any rights.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
This is the long game (five decades long). That wouldn’t explain the timing of now which would be the short game, whatever that is?
I think, with no real information to back it up is now is to embarrass the left politically. This is happening on a Democrat's watch. There is political capital to be made there. OTH the "leak" may have just been a weather vane to judge voter reaction. I'm basing this on the Supremes not raising a stink over one of their decisions being leaked.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It is not a person or human until after being born.So any anti abortion laws are doomed to failure. Then again, there are lots of religious fruitcakes that prefer their dogma over science. Also many of the same group are opposed to any rights.
If its not human what is it?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
You’re incorrect as in some states may outlaw abortion and or make it extremely difficult for their residents to obtain one, unless they go to another state..

Also it does put strain on other states to provide services to none resident patients..

However, it put the issue back in the hands of the people and the voters of those states..

Some may see that as a good thing.. others may not.. Federalist or people who want the Government to have more control won’t like this law being overturned
I have never said that some States will "outlaw" abortion although I rather doubt it. But I am correct in stating that the decision needs to go back to the States according to my understanding. I've listened to various lawyers on the radio and they've all said that the initial law should never have been implemented as it wasn't the Federal government's job. The Federal government has 17 jobs and dictating abortions is not one of them. Huh, who knew?

If it turns out that is the Supreme Court reverses Roe vs Wade, then it's up to the States. The people protesting now are jumping to conclusions and when the final decision has been made and the Court feels it's up to the States, then those same people can contact their State Representatives.

That's the normal process. Yelling and screaming only shows how disingenuous one is about the positions one takes.

BTW I agree with your last statement.

Reactions: taxslave

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
And... the assholes commeth.

"Your body is mine and you're having my baby!"

Uh huh.

But then there are other assholes too.

Bombing a pro-life place - NOT helpful and hopefully if found, the person who did it is held accountable (even if it might be someone pro-life themselves)

And also, despite the situation I don't agree with protesting outside the houses of judges on the SCOTUS. Protest in front of the Court building itself.

Regardless of your position, bombings on pro-life or abortion places is wrong.

But also, assholes like the jerks in the twitter post, well, I hope they're happy to be this famous now and their mothers/sisters/girlfriends hand them their nuts.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Some may see that as a good thing.. others may not.. Federalist or people who want the Government to have more control won’t like this law being overturned

Government control has nothing to do with this.

WOMEN having control over themselves is the point.

But if you're okay with the courts, Joe Public, yourself, telling women what they can and can't do, then again, when do we start pushing laws for vasectomies for boys at puberty so that babies aren't made at all?

Cause if women have to give up their rights to make those choices, men should too.

Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

But if you're okay with the courts, Joe Public, yourself, telling women what they can and can't do, then again, when do we start pushing laws for vasectomies for boys at puberty so that babies aren't made at all?

Cause if women have to give up their rights to make those choices, men should too.
Heh-heh. Twuckboy thinks it's a law.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Are you retarded or just read little bits of a post?

I stated clearly; everyone should have the rights over their own body.. for abortion, vaccinations and suicide..

What part do you do not understand about that statement.

Yes other people may like the states having rights, and the people for each state voting on it..

But it won’t be good, as other states that are pro abortion will have to shoulder the people from other states with restrictions and that will be unfair on those residents.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Are you retarded or just read little bits of a post?

I stated clearly; everyone should have the rights over their own body.. for abortion, vaccinations and suicide..

What part do you do not understand about that statement.

Yes other people may like the states having rights, and the people for each state voting on it..

But it won’t be good, as other states that are pro abortion will have to shoulder the people from other states with restrictions and that will be unfair on those residents.

Same to you.

I was responding to your idiotic comment that "Federalist or people who want the Government to have more control won’t like this law being overturned"

That IS what you said.

Which is why I pointed out, this has nothing to do with Government control, or rather, people who 'want' that, it has to do with women having the right to make the choice of what to do with their own body.

What part do YOU not understand with that statement?

It also has to do with women's health.

And equal rights, which you actually do point out in your last comment.

And it's clear that the 'states' are heavily biased against 'rights', period. Which is why it was, I think, a court case to begin with.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer