"Proud Boys" Disrupt Mi'kmaw Memorial in Halifax

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The law is the law and you don't accept it.

The law says nothing as to members of the Canadian forces holding and expressing their opinion(s) in a public forum... Had this law existed (other than in your own mind), they would have been arrested, right?

Last I heard, they weren't wearing prison orange and sporting shackles.

Do you live the rest of your life like that, asshole?

I live my life in the real world, war-hero... You might think of doing the same

Should we be calling the Mounties on you, "Captain"?

I love Sgt Preston of the Yukon, and am especially partial to the Wonder Dog King

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The law says nothing as to members of the Canadian forces holding and expressing their opinion(s) in a public forum... Had this law existed (other than in your own mind), they would have been arrested, right?

I live my life in the real world, war-hero... You might think of doing the same

I love Sgt Preston of the Yukon, and am especially partial to the Wonder Dog King

Military law is not the same as yours and mine.

You don`t live in the real world.You live in Alberta.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Military law is not the same as yours and mine.

I just love your idea of against the law as far as this issue goes.

Lemme ask ya Matlock, will these CF members be imprisoned for their horrific breech of Military Law or at worst, drummed out of the Forces?

You don`t live in the real world.You live in Alberta.

Funny comment coming from one that lives in Mr. Wynne's version of reality.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I just love your idea of against the law as far as this issue goes.

Lemme ask ya Matlock, will these CF members be imprisoned for their horrific breech of Military Law or at worst, drummed out of the Forces?

Funny comment coming from one that lives in Mr. Wynne's version of reality.

According to a General that I was listening to on Thursday night, they will be "drummed out" as you so quaintly put it.

It has embarrassed the Forces. They broke the rules. They will be let go.

p.s. I have not/do not/will not vote for Wynne or her party.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
According to a General that I was listening to on Thursday night, they will be "drummed out" as you so quaintly put it.

It has embarrassed the Forces. They broke the rules. They will be let go.

p.s. I have not/do not/will not vote for Wynne or her party.

Releasing these CF members will be a tragic mistake in my opinion, especially due to what is nothing more than an antiquated policy.

PS - Regardless if you voted for Wynne or not, you (and others) are living in her fantasy

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Releasing these CF members will be a tragic mistake in my opinion, especially due to what is nothing more than an antiquated policy.

PS - Regardless if you voted for Wynne or not, you (and others) are living in her fantasy

Would you prefer to see members of the Forces parading with Neo-Nazi flags during demonstrations? (I bet that you would!)

I live in a really nice place.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Looks to me like the forces are sending a message to others in the Military about publicly voicing opinions more then they are dealing proper judgement in this situation.
On the other hand it was a spiritual event...not a political one.

The military relies on certain native/metis people and orgs for a good deal of its actual defense.So they do not want to rock the boat.

"...as the First Nations soldier most highly decorated for bravery in Canadian military history and the most effective sniper of World War I.

The war ended in November 1918 and in 1919 Pegahmagabow was invalided back to Canada. He had served for almost the whole war,[1] and had built a reputation as a skilled marksman. Using the much-maligned Ross rifle,[11] he was credited with killing 378 Germans and capturing 300 more.[2] By the time of his discharge, he had attained the rank of sergeant-major[5] and had been awarded the 1914–15 Star, the British War Medal, and the Victory Medal.[4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Pegahmagabow

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Would you prefer to see members of the Forces parading with Neo-Nazi flags during demonstrations? (I bet that you would!)

I'll leave the skinhead and Nazi fascination you have all up to you.

What is ridiculous is that these men and women that going to bat to uphold a general set of values, ethics and rights are essentially barred from enjoying said benefits all due to a policy

That said, while I do not support your adherence to Nazi-esque dogma, you still have the right to have and express an opinion.... I do not see any reason why the Forces shouldn't have the same opportunities as you

That sounds sooo like your therapist coached you to say whenever you feel your grasp on reality is fading

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Cornwallis was a British military officer who founded Halifax in 1749. Later that year, he issued a bounty on the scalps of Mi'kmaq people.
from the OP

I mean really...those brits....( the ones that invented the concentration camp...etc )
What could be more racist and genocidal then a bounty and almost wiping out a whole people?
Christians too....

"The Concordat of 1610 — a formal agreement between the Mi’kmaq and the Vatican marked by the creation of a treaty wampum — combined trade, treaty and religion in relations between the Mi’kmaq and the French. The Concordat made the Mi’kmaq Catholic subjects, and therefore legitimized trade and other relations between settlers and Indigenous peoples in Acadia or Mi’gma’gi. Mi’kmaq people continued to practise their own customs, but incorporated the teachings of priests who had learned the Mi’kmaq language, entrenching Catholicism into Mi’kmaq spiritual identity"
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/micmac-mikmaq/

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Do North Americans reaally believe that such a thing were uttered by Mr Cornwallis? Do they teach this tripe in your schools?

While tripe is most certainly is taught in public schools this quote was not. Judgeing by the utter rot you post with regularity I've no doubt you were subjected to years of it. You still insist your monarchy does not deficate in the same manner as the common people.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I am descended from Huron stalk, which were wiped out by British guns in the hand of the Iroquois.
We were Rhodes'd

(to make room for the cottages of the elites, on the best fresh water cruising area in the world)

So I see that as the central problem.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No. But that is why we have a secret ballot. May I assume from your post that you approve of members of the military taking sides in political issues?

Yes - don't make any public statements or participate in unofficial public demonstrations.

Here is the pertinent article. You can read the whole thing here: ARCHIVED - ARCHIVED - Queen's Regulations and Orders (QR&Os) - Volume I Chapter 19: Conduct And Discipline

Check Section 19.44

No member of the Regular Force shall:
  1. take an active part in the affairs of a political organization or party;
  2. make a political speech to electors, or announce himself or allow himself to be announced as a candidate, or prospective candidate, for election to the Parliament of Canada or a provincial legislature; or
  3. except with the permission of the Chief of the Defence Staff, accept an office in a municipal corporation or other local government body or allow himself to be nominated for election to such office.

So toe the party line.

You live in Ontario.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
lol, today's midsummer temp: 64 degrees Fahrenheit
:)
he spelt "ice" wrong

No member of the Regular Force shall:

take an active part in the affairs of a political organization or party;
make a political speech to electors, or announce himself or allow himself to be announced as a candidate, or prospective candidate, for election to the Parliament of Canada or a provincial legislature; or
except with the permission of the Chief of the Defence Staff, accept an office in a municipal corporation or other local government body or allow himself to be nominated for election to such office.

I don't see that the regs mentioned above were broken here.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I am descended from Huron stalk, which were wiped out by British guns in the hand of the Iroquois.
We were Rhodes'd

(to make room for the cottages of the elites, on the best fresh water cruising area in the world)

So I see that as the central problem.

Ahhh ... the good, old days. Christian Island is a great place to drop anchor, now.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

The law says exactly that. Read the rest of Post #39. It is up to the military to decide what the punishment will be if some of its members choose to ignore it. It could be censure; loss f pay; expulsion from the military; or in extreme cases, imprisonment.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The law says exactly that. Read the rest of Post #39. It is up to the military to decide what the punishment will be if some of its members choose to ignore it. It could be censure; loss f pay; expulsion from the military; or in extreme cases, imprisonment.

Meaning as long as they tow the party line they are OK. Independent thought in the military is frowned on.
Would these men be censored for attending a gay pride parade or is that now an accepted political statement?