Perhaps There Never Was Any Warming

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It had to be something.

In celebration of Canada's 150th birfday, we've gathered together over 800 incandescent lights, 150 flood lights and three dump trucks full of combustibles to light on fire for July 1st. We're gonna light up the night sky in style.
Red Green style, sounds like.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
You bet. We had to figure out how to counteract this. We ran a contest up here to see who could come up with a logo for Canada's 150th birthday. This design won. I do not fault the designer. I think the judges should be punished however.

Canada's colours. Red and white.
10 provinces. Three territories.

Don't see anything on this design that's Canadian, with the possible exception of a poorly styled maple leaf. Bland and oddly coloured, but I wasn't on the committee that evaluated the entries.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You bet. We had to figure out how to counteract this. We ran a contest up here to see who could come up with a logo for Canada's 150th birthday. This design won. I do not fault the designer. I think the judges should be punished however.

Canada's colours. Red and white.
10 provinces. Three territories.

Don't see anything on this design that's Canadian, with the possible exception of a poorly styled maple leaf. Bland and oddly coloured, but I wasn't on the committee that evaluated the entries.

Dude, that doesn't look anything like a maple leaf, either real or the stylized one on the flag. But it does have nine colored sections for the ten provinces and four red sections for the three territories, so I guess I'll give 'em a C+. Nah, make it a B. Wouldn't want to dent the poor darlings' self-esteem.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
BINf-ckingGO! The last time solar activity dropped 500 years ago it became really damn cold for 350 years. During those 350 years Arctic/Antarctic and alpine glacier hit their maximums since the start of our current interglacial period.

170 years ago which was the coldest point in 13,000 years, solar activity picked up again and we have been warming but that stopped again.

Now what do you think will happen next?
I think Mercury will cast it's shadow in the earth right above DC and the ice will entomb everyone and thus save the world from a horrible death.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
BINf-ckingGO! The last time solar activity dropped 500 years ago it became really damn cold for 350 years. During those 350 years Arctic/Antarctic and alpine glacier hit their maximums since the start of our current interglacial period.

170 years ago which was the coldest point in 13,000 years, solar activity picked up again and we have been warming but that stopped again.

Now what do you think will happen next?

Well, it should be getting colder. Why isn't it?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You not been keeping track of the summer blizzards in the US or that some ski lodges are still open and will be for some time.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
You not been keeping track of the summer blizzards in the US or that some ski lodges are still open and will be for some time.

And you have not been keeping track of the mild winters that western Canada has experienced recently. Don't cherry pick. It is not science.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Really" I live in Alberta dimwit. The east side of the country is where the cooling will start and it progresses westward, slowly. The Pacific warm blob and the Chinook winds are the forces behind our winter weather.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Really" I live in Alberta dimwit. The east side of the country is where the cooling will start and it progresses westward, slowly. The Pacific warm blob and the Chinook winds are the forces behind our winter weather.

Dimwit? Were you looking in a mirror when you made that comment? There are no Chinooks once you get north of Red Deer, but the last few winters have been very mild. As I said, you are cherry picking weather and ignoring the global aspects of climate change.

And why would cooling start in the east? Wouldn't it make sense for it to start in the north?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
judging by the weather today
no sense putting the ice fishing shack away to soon

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Well, it should be getting colder. Why isn't it?

Time. Does your kettle get cold the instant you unplug it?

Does logic elude you?

The blob died and caused the shittiest winter BC has had in decades and some places "on record".

Dimwit? Were you looking in a mirror when you made that comment? There are no Chinooks once you get north of Red Deer, but the last few winters have been very mild. As I said, you are cherry picking weather and ignoring the global aspects of climate change.

And why would cooling start in the east? Wouldn't it make sense for it to start in the north?

No chinooks North of Ded Reer? Lay off the smurfberry wine.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

You are so full of shit. I'm from Grand Prairie and it is north of Red Deer and much closer to the mountains. The higher elevations can have chinook winds wile places that are in a 'hole' don't get them. 50K south of GP on hwy#40 can see you go from -30C to 10C in a few miles and usually it was all at once that will completely fog up the windows of your vehicle. Wolf Creek has a few spots that do the same.

Why do you think there is a place called Chinook Ridge??

If the ridge bulges upward where does the cold water go?

BTW where is your link because this (recent) map doesn't support you conclusions.

What were the changes in temp during the time you say a lack of sunspots was causing the temp shift?? You don't have the data so why rule it out? Seems rather unscientific actually.