Ontario issues stay-at-home order except for essentials

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yada yada yada .
Yeah, you are right...screw that...Jesus is probably hangin' out at walmart where most of the people are and the real money is...
;)

Say, you must have a real nice bag of nits by now though grammah! Good for you! Take them to the bank on laundry day!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Stay at home order makes perfect sense. Intelligent people will be able to judge when exceptions are justified (basically anything to do with health or the continuation of life).

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Funny there is no corona at walmart where they are making billions extra while all the churches are going broke, but what ever...

Still waiting for Jebus to stand up and for biden to kill some more muslims to make the chinese and the other haters happy
;)

btw

Goldman Sachs profit more than doubles on underwriting IPOs, global trading boost​

LOL sticks and stones - the religiously brainwashed are so missing the real deal. Marxism will fix that though. After all it's funded by the bankers that are doing god's work, and they always seem to get what they want eventually. It's their fancy pants al gore rhythms I guess...and their bribery program.

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Stay at home order makes perfect sense. Intelligent people will be able to judge when exceptions are justified (basically anything to do with health or the continuation of life).
Cowering alone at home is not living life .

Reactions: petros

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Except in places like Sweden and in certain US states like Florida where they are smarter than that.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I can stay home without cowering! Do you have a problem doing so? :)
I don’t stay home . I get out and smell the roses , and in today’s case see all the global warming floating down the Fraser River . Not an every year occasion to see so much ice .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don’t stay home . I get out and smell the roses , and in today’s case see all the global warming floating down the Fraser River . Not an every year occasion to see so much ice .
I guess I'm a bit luckier than you, I get to smell the roses at home, not to mention the daffodils, tulips, peonies and bachelor's buttons.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Senate approves $150G for new desks for employees
Author of the article:postmedia News
Publishing date:Feb 12, 2021 • 15 hours ago • 1 minute read

The Senate approved $150,000 for employees to request new office furniture like desks and chairs. PHOTO BY DOBLE-D /iStock / Getty Images
Article content
Senate employees working from home due to the global pandemic can request new desks and chairs.

The Senate committee on internal economy approved the new office furniture spending to a maximum of $150,000 by a 9-6 vote, according to Blacklock’s Reporter.

“Once that cap of $150,000 is reached, the administration can come back to the Senate with further guidance on next steps,” said Senator Sarabjit Marwah (Ont.), chair of the committee on internal economy.

“All items remain property of the Senate. You could bring those items back.”

However, critics questioned why employees couldn’t use tables and desks already in their home.

“Many of us are also sitting at home and doing a lot of our work from our living rooms and our dining rooms,” said Senator Donald Plett (Man.), Opposition Leader in the Senate. “I have been using a dining room table for an awful lot of work in the Senate, and my dining room chair, a hard-back chair.”

Fellow Senator Raymonde Saint-Germain (Que.) was also opposed to the spending.

“I am totally opposed to this proposal,” said Saint-Germain. “I feel first of all it is premature, and is based on something permanent when we are in a temporary situation.”

The federal government spent more than $36 million last year on new desks, chairs, floor mats, laptops, printers, headphones and other equipment for employees working from home, according to the Department of Public Works.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Cowering alone at home is not living life .
Cowering could be interpreted as an opinion. Living life is not the same routine for all.

What about Tibetan Lamas in isolation in search of Shambala? Others in wilderness homes happy and content.

Who decides?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Cowering could be interpreted as an opinion. Living life is not the same routine for all.

What about Tibetan Lamas in isolation in search of Shambala? Others in wilderness homes happy and content.

Who decides?
True , but when expects others to act as them , there is a problem . Just because I don’t eat meat doesn’t mean no one should .

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Retirement home removed door handles to residents' rooms during COVID outbreak
Author of the article:Joe Warmington
Publishing date:Feb 13, 2021 • 13 hours ago • 2 minute read

An investigation is under way after reports surfaced that residents of White Cliffe Terrace Retirement Residence, in Courtice, had their door handles removed to prevent them from leaving their suites. PHOTO BY JACK BOLAND /Toronto Sun/Postmedia Network
Article content
Taking the handles off doors to trap potentially COVID-positive seniors in their rooms was so “disturbing” that the president of the company that owns the retirement home in Durham Region was furious.

Now David Bird — president and CEO of Diversicare Canada, which operates White Cliffe Terrace in Courtice — has apologized.

Colorado clears more than US$2 billion in cannabis sales in 2020

Trackerdslogo
“We are connecting with residents and family members to let them know what happened, how truly sorry we are, and the steps we are taking to prevent this from happening again,” he told the Toronto Sun in a statement Saturday.

“We are thankful no residents were harmed due to these actions and I am thankful that this serious incident was brought to our attention,” he added.

First came revelations of quarantined travellers being confined to their hotel rooms, and now comes word a senior’s residence is being investigated for preventing residents from being able to leave their rooms.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
Fortunately, Bird was quick to acknowledge the problem and took immediate action to fix it.

“I was deeply disturbed to learn that a small number of resident suite door handles were removed in our residence within the Assisted Living household – it was a violation of our protocols and practices,” he said. “As soon as we became aware of the incident, all residents’ door handles were immediately reinstalled.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

A depressed senior looks out the window
BONOKOSKI: COVID leaves seniors fed up and ready to snap
A health-care worker prepares to administer a Pfizer/BioNTEch coronavirus disease (Covid-19) vaccine at The Michener Institute, in Toronto on Dec. 14, 2020.
Doc claims province 'bungled' vaccine rollout for seniors

Bird said the general manager of the residence has also been placed on leave

One family who has frequented the home said this would be classified as an “out of character” approach for a centre that is generally known as warm and generous.

When so many seniors have died in long-term homes as a result of the coronavirus, people are understandably frightened.

But Ontario’s Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility released a statement condemning the removal of door handles from seniors’ rooms as “completely unacceptable” and assured it “will not be tolerated.”

Durham Regional Police have been notified.

“We are looking into the matter,” Sgt. George Tudos said.

Meanwhile, Bird has assured the media it will not happen again.

“There is absolutely no excuse to remove door handles — ever,” he said. “We have deployed a senior member of our team at the residence now to conduct a thorough review of all operations and to support our residents and team members.”

“Residents and family members trust us to provide a very high standard of service to our residents and we let them down. We will do everything we can to earn back their trust,” Bird added.

jwarmington@postmedia.com