Now that it's 2012, I have a word or two about doomsdays

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The only thing that might be a serious threat is if any of the current Republican Candidates
becomes President of the USA, these people all appear to be escapees from a Barnum
and Baily Circus show of horrors. Don't they have anyone, even someone with artificial
intelligence? Good God today I hear Ron Paul's kid criticize Romney for adding three,
count them three, medications to seniors medicare when he was Governor. Do these people
really understand how silly they look on Television? Perhaps the planet will spin out of
control if one of these miscreants gets elected, the planet would revolt for sure.
Can't take any of this stuff seriously

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I read somewhere that Nostradamus wrote WW III is coming to in 2027. If true, then most of us won't be around to worry about it.;)

No need to worry. Nostradamus has never made a single accurate prediction. Instead what he did was write thousands of lines of confused poetry that can be interpreted in almost any manner. Whenever something important happens (the attack on the World Trade Center, the US invasion of Iraq, Obama getting elected, etc.) the Nostradamusites crawl out of the woodwork and claim that Nostradamus made that prediction in his confused ramblings. However, they have never been able to do this before the event happened, thus making all of his predictions useless.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
No need to worry. Nostradamus has never made a single accurate prediction. Instead what he did was write thousands of lines of confused poetry that can be interpreted in almost any manner. Whenever something important happens (the attack on the World Trade Center, the US invasion of Iraq, Obama getting elected, etc.) the Nostradamusites crawl out of the woodwork and claim that Nostradamus made that prediction in his confused ramblings. However, they have never been able to do this before the event happened, thus making all of his predictions useless.
Haaa! That's another reason not to worry.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Three giant spaceships to attack Earth in 2012?

UFO encounters became especially frequent in the middle of the 20th century, when it became impossible to disregard incidents of UFO sightings anymore. Special services started establishing special departments for air defense troops, secret laboratories were organized to study the phenomenon. It is not ruled out, that secret services have already had chances to study fragments of alien spaceships or even aliens themselves.

It is about time science should say its word regarding the problem, and it did. SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence), an independent non-commercial organization, released a sensational statement.
Three giant spaceships are heading towards Earth. The largest one of them is 240 kilometers wide. Two others are smaller. At present, the objects are beyond the orbit of Pluto.
The spaceships were detected by HAARD search system. The system, based in Alaska, was designed to study the phenomenon of northern lights. According to SETI researchers, the objects are nothing but extraterrestrial spaceships. They will be visible in optical telescopes as soon as they reach Mars’s orbit. The US government has been reportedly informed about the event. The ships will reach Earth in December 2012.
The date of the supposed space contact with extraterrestrial civilization brings up thoughts about the Mayan calendar, which ends on December 21, 2012. Is it just a coincidence? Most likely, though, SETI researchers mistake the wish for the reality: fifty years of constant monitoring of space have not yielded any results.
Nevertheless, mankind only begins to explore space. We are just newcomers in this huge and unexplored world. Many believe that there are many other civilizations in space beside our own civilization.
Rumor has it that the Americans classified a lot of information about findings on the Moon. In 1988, a prominent Chinese official, a member of the nation’s space program, unveiled pictures of human footprints on the lunar surface. The official stated that he had received the information from a reliable source and accused the Americans of concealing that information. The photos were dated from August 3, 1969 – two weeks after Armstrong and Aldrin stepped onto the surface of the Moon on July 20, 1969. Therefore, the materials of the lunar mission were studied and classified by NASA.
On March 15, 2009, The New York Times produced another sensation. The same Chinese official, Mao Kan, stated that he had obtained over than 1,000 secret NASA photographs depicting not only human footprints, but even a human carcass on the surface of the Moon. Some of the bones in the carcass were missing, the official said. The human corpse must have been dropped on the Moon from an alien spaceship, whereas the extraterrestrials kept some tissue samples for research.
The photos were taken by a lunar probe. The absence of air makes it possible to capture minute details from the lunar orbit. The pictures of the carcass were very clear.
Dr. Ken Johnston, former Manager of the Data and Photo Control Department at NASA’s Lunar Receiving Laboratory, said that US astronauts had found and photographed ancient ruins of artificial origin on the Moon. Supposedly, US astronauts had seen large unknown mechanisms on the Moon. The data were classified by the US government.
Is all of that just spam or it is fantastic truth? Will we ever know?

http://thetruthbehindthescenes.org/2010/12/23/three-giant-spaceships-to-attack-earth-in-2012/

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The only thing that might be a serious threat is if any of the current Republican Candidates
becomes President of the USA, these people all appear to be escapees from a Barnum
and Baily Circus show of horrors. Don't they have anyone, even someone with artificial
intelligence? Good God today I hear Ron Paul's kid criticize Romney for adding three,
count them three, medications to seniors medicare when he was Governor. Do these people
really understand how silly they look on Television? Perhaps the planet will spin out of
control if one of these miscreants gets elected, the planet would revolt for sure.
Can't take any of this stuff seriously

it is embarrassing to have to admit that these candidates are part of our human race, human
just like us.
Can the people really be fooled by all of this, it can't be true.
Even the fundamentalist christians must be mumbling to themselves wondering how these
embesiles are going to spread their word as they always have.

I they get elected, doomsday might be the better choice.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
it is embarrassing to have to admit that these candidates are part of our human race, human
just like us.
Can the people really be fooled by all of this, it can't be true.
Even the fundamentalist christians must be mumbling to themselves wondering how these
embesiles are going to spread their word as they always have.

I they get elected, doomsday might be the better choice.

I'm not sure how they differ from any other politicians! :lol:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:twisted:..........If I get a few hours lead time knowledge of doomsday, I'm walking into a crowded theater, and yell "FIRE!!" What the hell. If I'm gonna go, may as well have a chuckle or two.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I'm not sure how they differ from any other politicians! :lol:

I have noticed a big difference from the democrats to the republicans, but I guess it depends
if you are a democrat or a republican at heart.

They aren't all the same, when one sees beyond the bad eggs in every walk of life, there is
the good, I do not like many of the policies of the republicans, and also their direct link
with religion, so what they spout links that together in my mind, it is not where I put my
priorities.
This years group of republican candidates are a joke, very shallow, very childlish.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have noticed a big difference from the democrats to the republicans, but I guess it depends
if you are a democrat or a republican at heart.

They aren't all the same, when one sees beyond the bad eggs in every walk of life, there is
the good, I do not like many of the policies of the republicans, and also their direct link
with religion, so what they spout links that together in my mind, it is not where I put my
priorities.
This years group of republican candidates are a joke, very shallow, very childlish.

There's two problems I see, How many running as Dems are actually Dems and How many running as Republicans are actually Republicans and then if you can get that sorted out how many of them start acting like the opposite once elected? They run according to how they will get the most votes. Remember David Emerson and Belinda Stronich?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

I agree 100%. He predicted nothing.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Religions have been predicting the end of the world for centuries and many behaved in
ways that they hoped to see it happen. This is mind numbing crap that is designed to
play on fears, no matter whether it was the ancient peoples or the churches of today.
Everything has to end in a hell of a mess and if that is the case much of the world is now
conceded to hell anyway,.
I find it ironic that all these Christian groups condemn the ancients for their superstitions
and then talk about the end times and the terrible things that God will do. Oh but if you
are saved it won't happen to you. That is a historically new twist on an old fear.
Politics and religion are a far more deadly mix than even poison, but the world consumes
it everyday.
Even if we manage to blow ourselves up or squander the resources until we starve to death.
This world will continue to rotate until the sun burns out and even there there will be a colony
of ants somewhere that survive long into the night, but it will go on for centuries to come.
Ever thought we might be a science experiment of some evil genius kid and if the bubble
falls off the kids desk we are all doomed. Yes I am joking but the world has a million problems
and the only solution we can come up with is some angry God is going to get us.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
There's two problems I see, How many running as Dems are actually Dems and How many running as Republicans are actually Republicans and then if you can get that sorted out how many of them start acting like the opposite once elected? They run according to how they will get the most votes. Remember David Emerson and Belinda Stronich?

Yup, exceptions in every walk of life, but one must look to the usual, which is probably well over 95%,
can't make decisions on exceptions.

When humans are doing anything, it is never perfect, always surprises, mistakes, bad behavior,
illagalities, and on it goes.

my opinion was about the republicans compared to the democrats, in general, and referring
to the candidates now running.