Northern Gateway pipeline approved with 209 conditions

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

The federal government has agreed to let Enbridge build its Northern Gateway pipeline, subject to 209 conditions recommended by the National Energy Board and further talks with aboriginal communities.

Enbridge wants to build the pipeline from Bruderheim, Alta., to Kitimat, B.C.

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair called it "folly" and "pure madness" to think anyone can put supertankers in British Columbia's Douglas Channel.

Both Mulcair and Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau said they would reverse the decision to accept the National Energy Board's pipeline approval. Green Party Leader Elizabeth May, environmental groups and First Nations reacted quickly to news of the federal approval, releasing statements opposing it.

Mulcair and Junior are Quebec boys. They should confine their opinions to Quebec! -:)

Why isn't there the same outcry about all the marine traffic maneuvering under the Lions Gate Bridge where the traffic is a dozen times heavier in a far more restricted area?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Mulcair and Junior are Quebec boys. They should confine their opinions to Quebec! -:)

Why isn't there the same outcry about all the marine traffic maneuvering under the Lions Gate Bridge where the traffic is a dozen times heavier in a far more restricted area?
And what does Harpo know about BC. He is a bean counter. He doesn't know Jack about the dangers involved here. Vancouver is nowhere close to as dangerous as Kitimat. Just look at the photo above. No pipeline. No tankers. Period. The fight has just begun.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
We got jails for people that break the law and other ways of dealing with pissant welfare bums that try to get between us and our paycheques. The working people of BC are not prepared to take any more BS from a bunch of welfare bums.

bump

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So 2/3rds of British Columbians are welfare bums, eh. You underestimate the power of the people.

Risking it All - Oil on our Coast on Vimeo

Unist'ot'en Clan Refuse All Pipeline Projects - YouTube

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
I can't find the figures but it works out to 8 bucks a year per person living in BC over 30 years in enbridge give aways

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Oil tankers too .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
And what does Harpo know about BC. He is a bean counter. He doesn't know Jack about the dangers involved here. Vancouver is nowhere close to as dangerous as Kitimat. Just look at the photo above. No pipeline. No tankers. Period. The fight has just begun.

What do you or any of your pissant welfare bum buddies know about marine transportation or the coast of BC? How many people on here besides me have ever navigated a boat up the mid coast?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not at all. Union pensions invest in the things they build. Trade Unions are often the 2nd P in 3P projects.

Not to mention the jobs this will provide for our members. Expect union members to vote conservative since the dippers have abandoned the workers in favor of citiots.

smallandmighty

Nominee Member
May 12, 2013
108 Mile Ranch BC
Time this country came to the realisation it is not native land, not the developed land.
Second the pipe is being laid, and when it is all laid and operational, I highly suspect the 'conditions' will go by the wayside.
I am all for this project, but not to give the Indians any royalties, they need to work for the land and pay for it like we do. Time to move on and quit blaming and start doing.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Not to mention the jobs this will provide for our members. Expect union members to vote conservative since the dippers have abandoned the workers in favor of citiots.

The NDPQ has died in the West.

Unions have partnered with Provincial Govs for training. Indians get to jump the waiting lists. If you know any Indians with carpentry skills I can get them working in Edmonton guaranteed. $28 an hour to start.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
What do you or any of your pissant welfare bum buddies know about marine transportation or the coast of BC? How many people on here besides me have ever navigated a boat up the mid coast?
I have 105 feet of slow motion fury .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
All of the indigenous peoples living on the coast are opposed. They live there and they derive their living from the sea. They know the coast better than anyone. Go shoot your mouth off at them and see how far you get.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
All of the indigenous peoples living on the coast are opposed. They live there and they derive their living from the sea. They know the coast better than anyone. Go shoot your mouth off at them and see how far you get.

Malarkey.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

One for sure! Me! I navigated a 12" aluminum boat with a 9.9 Johnson O/B from Telegraph Cove to Double Bay on one of my most successful fishing trips!! -:)