Northeast Corridor braces for 'potentially historic' snowstorm

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I am in the F*ed area.

Counting down. I think I need to get 30 loaves of bread and 20 gallons of milk.

Couple loaves. Couple fishes. You'll be ok. Remember to share.8O

Nothing brings more glee to a CNN reporter is people's homes and livelyhoods beeing destroyed on camera.

Specially those who cut their teeth at the CBC.

"And how do you feel right now, Mrs. Johnson, after watching your husband and two children swept away in the unexpected snow melt ?
:roll:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Nothing brings more glee to a CNN reporter is people's homes and livelihoods being destroyed on camera.

Wolf et al - the modern form of chicken little. LOL!

Couple loaves. Couple fishes. You'll be ok. Remember to share.8O

Specially those who cut their teeth at the CBC.

"And how do you feel right now, Mrs. Johnson, after watching your husband and two children swept away in the unexpected snow melt ?
:roll:

I'm not a violent person, Nug...........but there are times when I listen to a reporter ask such questions that were I there, I would gladly smack them upside the head.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Wolf et al - the modern form of chicken little. LOL!

I'm not a violent person, Nug...........but there are times when I listen to a reporter ask such questions that were I there, I would gladly smack them upside the head.

Yes indeedy. With a brick in your purse, hopefully. :lol:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Oooh.............hadn't though of that........will keep it in mind should the opportunity ever arise. :lol:

It appears that this storm about to annihilate (one can be forgiven for thinking so considering the level of hysteria from many US networks) the Eastern seaboard of the US has a Canadian connection. All this lovely spring-like weather many provinces are enjoying is helping to contribute to the massive amount of snow expected later today.Gee whiz.........sorry guys and gals......stay warm.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Next, call up the local pizza delivery place and get 10 or 12 pizzas (various kinds) delivered... While the pizza guy is in the process of making/delivering, toodle on down to the local beer/liquor store and stock-up on beer and booze (some doritos may be a good idea as well)... A full trunk-load ought to suffice.

BINGO!

That is the only thing I am getting. A few frozen pizzas from Town Spa. The milk and bread stuff was me just fooling around.

But I will be getting pizzas. Not the crappy kind. Town Spa makes a kick azz pizza and they started freezing them.

Oh yeeaah

You'll need eggs if you're gonna survive on French toast

You know what... that is a great idea!

French Toast in the morning. I guess I need bread after all.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
It's 12 degrees here in Vancouver-by-the-Sea and after lunch I'm going for a one hour bicycle ride just like I did yesterday when it was 14 degrees.

Shorts, tee shirt, light sweater and boat shoes.

And sunglasses of course must have sunglasses.

Northboy

Electoral Member
It's 12 degrees here in Vancouver-by-the-Sea and after lunch I'm going for a one hour bicycle ride just like I did yesterday when it was 14 degrees.

Its 5 C above and raining here in Vanderhoof. Next month Prince George is scheduled to hold the Canada Winter Games. We have rain and melting snow. The 14 day forecast is for the same weather. Without snow and colder temperatures the Games are going to be pretty green.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Next, call up the local pizza delivery place and get 10 or 12 pizzas (various kinds) delivered... While the pizza guy is in the process of making/delivering, toodle on down to the local beer/liquor store and stock-up on beer and booze (some doritos may be a good idea as well)... A full trunk-load ought to suffice.

Reminds me of a sign on saw spray painted on some guy's house wall during Katrina in New Orleans: "ARMED AND INEBRIATED!!!"

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It appears that this storm about to annihilate (one can be forgiven for thinking so considering the level of hysteria from many US networks) the Eastern seaboard of the US has a Canadian connection.

It is!

Thanks Obama! ;)

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Its 5 C above and raining here in Vanderhoof. Next month Prince George is scheduled to hold the Canada Winter Games. We have rain and melting snow. The 14 day forecast is for the same weather. Without snow and colder temperatures the Games are going to be pretty green.
During the Olympics in 2010 Cypress Mountain was as bald as my head so they sent a fleet of gravel trucks to Whistler and loaded them up with snow to take to Vancouver.

Everyone stood around in their short sleeves watching the snowboarding and Canadian taxpayers paid the bill-that's probably what will happen in PG too but they might have to drive further to find snow.

Northboy

Electoral Member
During the Olympics in 2010 Cypress Mountain was as bald as my head so they sent a fleet of gravel trucks to Whistler and loaded them up with snow to take to Vancouver.

Everyone stood around in their short sleeves watching the snowboarding and Canadian taxpayers paid the bill-that's probably what will happen in PG too but they might have to drive further to find snow.
The snow around here has gone like Vancouver snow, so if they bring it in its going to be icy, not nice powder.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Poor guy. Stuck in the city.