Liberating the Oppressed

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
May I share some Scripture with you?
Sounds fair. I shared some Tecumseh with you.

Be aware, I've literally read it all, cover to cover, and it fails to convince me of anything, because it does not provide the one thing it would take to convince me. That being the first shred of evidence that your god exists.

Reactions: taxslave

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Sounds fair. I shared some Tecumseh with you.

Be aware, I've literally read it all, cover to cover, and it fails to convince me of anything, because it does not provide the one thing it would take to convince me. That being the first shred of evidence that your god exists.
“… for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23, NIV).

What does this verse say to you?

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Motar. Why do you bother trying to convert us heathens? If you want to believe in such things, the more power to you.
My mother was a big believer, but she did her thing and didn't try and push it on to others. I hope she met her maker when she died, but common sense tells me she didn't. My sister in law is another story, she preaches and preaches like you do. Since I am this awful heathen, I will suffer in damnation when I die. I feel I am a good person, treat others with respect, so I feel I don't deserve these threats (if I took them to heart, which I don't). Anyways, when I die, if there is something......BONUS....lol

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
“… for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23, NIV).

What does this verse say to you?
To me, this verse states that we are all flawed and we all fail to live up to our potential.

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23, NIV).

What does this one say to you?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Same thing. "My fantasy Great Big Sky Daddy wubs me, and he's going to buy me candy and ice cream forever, and burn you in fire forever, because he wubs you too."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Motar. Why do you bother trying to convert us heathens? If you want to believe in such things, the more power to you.
My mother was a big believer, but she did her thing and didn't try and push it on to others. I hope she met her maker when she died, but common sense tells me she didn't. My sister in law is another story, she preaches and preaches like you do. Since I am this awful heathen, I will suffer in damnation when I die. I feel I am a good person, treat others with respect, so I feel I don't deserve these threats (if I took them to heart, which I don't). Anyways, when I die, if there is something......BONUS....lol
Aww, harry, you ain't that bad! I figure you won't get more'n darnation.

Reactions: harrylee

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Same thing. "My fantasy Great Big Sky Daddy wubs me, and he's going to buy me candy and ice cream forever, and burn you in fire forever, because he wubs you too."
Romans 6:23 tells me that apart from intervention, our flawed and failing condition is terminal.

“Jesus replied, ‘Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again” (John 3:3, NIV).

What does this verse say to you, TB?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Romans 6:23 tells me that apart from intervention, our flawed and failing condition is terminal.

“Jesus replied, ‘Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again” (John 3:3, NIV).

What does this verse say to you, TB?
That if it weren't a complete fantasy, it'd be a rigged game. You start out losing, and have to beg, literally on your knees, to avoid horrible punishment for existing.

In what way is the object of this lesson not obvious? It teaches servility.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
That if it weren't a complete fantasy, it'd be a rigged game. You start out losing, and have to beg, literally on your knees, to avoid horrible punishment for existing.

In what way is the object of this lesson not obvious? It teaches servility.
John 3:3 tells me that an effectual intervention for our flawed and failing situation is available.

“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6, NIV).

Recalling my prior question, “To you, who is Jesus Christ?”, what does this verse (John 14:6) mean to you, TB?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
John 3:3 tells me that an effectual intervention for our flawed and failing situation is available.

“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6, NIV).

Recalling my prior question, “To you, who is Jesus Christ?”, what does this verse (John 14:6) mean to you, TB?
He's the gatekeeper for his dad. Kinda like Tommy Hagen in The Godfather.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
He's the gatekeeper for his dad.
Yes, like Isaiah wrote and Luke recorded in Luke 4:18-19. Thank you for being patient with me. I have a couple more Scriptures to share. Thank you for giving us your opinion on them.

“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,‘ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, ‘Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” (Romans 10:9-11, NIV).

How you you understand this bit of Scripture, TB?