Kyle Rittenhouse

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Was/Is he a trained medic? Just curious.

Good that it was in the trial.

Walking down a street calling for Medic isn't 'treating' anyone.

"treated at least one" - ergo, he only 'treated' one person. He bound her foot.

That's only sort of treatment.

He was not an EMT, but he had advanced first aid training as a Fire Dep't cadet. And he wasn't yelling "Medic", which is a call for aid, he was calling out "Medical" offering to help anyone injured.

Yeah, he didn't do much medical, that's for sure. He did put out some fires......which enraged the loonies in the crowd. Or at least one actual loony, which set up the rest of the evening's events.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Was/Is he a trained medic? Just curious.

Good that it was in the trial.

Walking down a street calling for Medic isn't 'treating' anyone.

"treated at least one" - ergo, he only 'treated' one person. He bound her foot.

That's only sort of treatment.
Yep. Leastways he said he was an EMT, and Saint Kyle wouldn't lie!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
He wouldn't Have been an emt in Canada anyways, probably just a first aider
I was an emt on call which is just one level above first aider and ambulance attendant is the next step up

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
I think the point is, he got off his ass and tried to do some good. Bringing the gun may not have been the smartest thing to do, but at least 3 other people made worse choices that night.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think the point is, he got off his ass and tried to do some good. Bringing the gun may not have been the smartest thing to do, but at least 3 other people made worse choices that night.
Say what you will. He precipitated the attack that ended up with him killing two men and wounding a third.

I chose the term "precipitated" carefully. I'm willing to accept that he did not "provoke" it, much less terms with far more specific legal meaning. And being young and stupid ain't a crime. But it can get you killed.

I'm just a little tired of people holding up this school dropout toting the U.S.'s #1 wannabe gun as some kind of Boy Scout who just wanted to do good.

He was a fantasist, and a liar, and ultimately a killer. As I said earlier, taking a human life, regardless of the circumstances, is a heavy load to take on. I hope he shoulders it like a man, and takes responsibility for his part in bringing it about.

I'm OK with the legal finding that he's fine. But I refuse to admit that being stupid and belligerent is morally wondermous.

Reactions: Serryah

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Say what you will. He precipitated the attack that ended up with him killing two men and wounding a third.

I chose the term "precipitated" carefully. I'm willing to accept that he did not "provoke" it, much less terms with far more specific legal meaning. And being young and stupid ain't a crime. But it can get you killed.

I'm just a little tired of people holding up this school dropout toting the U.S.'s #1 wannabe gun as some kind of Boy Scout who just wanted to do good.

He was a fantasist, and a liar, and ultimately a killer. As I said earlier, taking a human life, regardless of the circumstances, is a heavy load to take on. I hope he shoulders it like a man, and takes responsibility for his part in bringing it about.

I'm OK with the legal finding that he's fine. But I refuse to admit that being stupid and belligerent is morally wondermous.
You make it sound like Custer was just an innocent bystander .

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario

So, if he didn't have the gun, he wouldn't have gotten attacked? He may of gotten attacked anyways, you don't know that. He is a small guy doing what the rioters didn't want him doing. Easy target. Seems they thought he was an easy target with the gun, they were wrong.

How is he a fantasist and a liar?

I am sure that this will haunt him the rest of his life, that's for sure.

Reactions: petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
How is he a fantasist and a liar?
Claimed to be an EMT, claimed to be studying at ASU for starters. And "fantasist" because he was wandering around a protest alone with his fantasy gun, thinking it would make him safe at least. There is the clear possibility that he was hoping to find a reason to use it.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Claimed to be an EMT, claimed to be studying at ASU for starters. And "fantasist" because he was wandering around a protest alone with his fantasy gun, thinking it would make him safe at least. There is the clear possibility that he was hoping to find a reason to use it.
Possibility?........OK, so in your mind he just suckered the 4 idiots into attacking him so he could blow them away......lol
As for ASU, the news is saying that he is/was taking internet courses, thus the big bru-ha-ha about expelling him. I guess his claim may be true, eh?
Yelling medical is not claiming to be an EMT.

Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Possibility?........OK, so in your mind he just suckered the 4 idiots into attacking him so he could blow them away......lol
As for ASU, the news is saying that he is/was taking internet courses, thus the big bru-ha-ha about expelling him. I guess his claim may be true, eh?
Yelling medical is not claiming to be an EMT.
You cannot possibly fathom what's in my mind. You're not smart enough.

And it's "brouhaha."

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

He actually didn't "precipitate" any attack until HE WAS ATTACKED which is why he was found not guilty. Having said that, I agree that it wasn't the best idea to bring a weapon but perhaps he knew that because of the riots, he would need to protect himself should the situation come up & it turned out he was right.

SO, because he had a weapon, that he was not "pointing" at anyone, was not threatening anyone, apparently it made him a target from those who don't mind using violence against people they don't like and towards people who simply want to help and not destroy. Is that what you're saying? That because he had a weapon, he was fair game to attack? Wow, if that's the case, whomever decided to attack him were pretty stupid yes? Their stupidity is likely why they have such long "arrest" records.

Again, you can't fix stupid can you and it could cost a life.

Reactions: petros and Colpy

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
He actually didn't "precipitate" any attack until HE WAS ATTACKED which is why he was found not guilty. Having said that, I agree that it wasn't the best idea to bring a weapon but perhaps he knew that because of the riots, he would need to protect himself should the situation come up & it turned out he was right.

SO, because he had a weapon, that he was not "pointing" at anyone, was not threatening anyone, apparently it made him a target from those who don't mind using violence against people they don't like and towards people who simply want to help and not destroy. Is that what you're saying? That because he had a weapon, he was fair game to attack? Wow, if that's the case, whomever decided to attack him were pretty stupid yes? Their stupidity is likely why they have such long "arrest" records.

Again, you can't fix stupid can you and it could cost a life.
We understand that you're happy Rosenbaum and Huber are dead, Dix.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I’ve had no dog in the fight in this situation so I’ve pretty much just watched it from the sidelines.

Between LeBron & Kyle, I know who currently has the deepest pockets, but this doesn’t look like it’ll play out well for LeBron (hearts & minds, etc….) picking on a teenager regardless of the situation isn’t great optics.