Kathleen Wynne rips Monte McNaughton over sex-ed protest speech

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
“For an MPP at Queen’s Park … to be at a sort of ‘how to withdraw your kids from school’ seems pretty outrageous to me,” Wynne told the Star.
Outrageous in comparison to what though? Personally I find it outrageous that the Wynned sock's "life partner" had millions of taxpayer dollars funneled to her company.
I find it outrageous that after the billions spent on a bunch of white elephants dotting the countryside, the dumb ****is selling off a portion of Hydro One, for some f*cking buses.
I find it outrageous that the Libtards hired a Spanish firm to design a bridge for Northern Ontario on the only highway that connects the east and west of this country.
I find it outrageous that a man can be physically assaulted and then charged with a "hate crime" because he dared have a different opinion on Islam than Chairman Wynned sock.
And finally, I find her contempt for democracy and the Ontario taxpayer to be utterly outrageous.

I mean c'mon, if the useless cow wants to talk about outrageous acts by politicians, then she needs to take a good, long, hard look at herself and her party.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Outrageous in comparison to what though? Personally I find it outrageous that the Wynned sock's "life partner" had millions of taxpayer dollars funneled to her company.
I find it outrageous that after the billions spent on a bunch of white elephants dotting the countryside, the dumb ****is selling off a portion of Hydro One, for some f*cking buses.
I find it outrageous that the Libtards hired a Spanish firm to design a bridge for Northern Ontario on the only highway that connects the east and west of this country.
I find it outrageous that a man can be physically assaulted and then charged with a "hate crime" because he dared have a different opinion on Islam than Chairman Wynned sock.
And finally, I find her contempt for democracy and the Ontario taxpayer to be utterly outrageous.

I mean c'mon, if the useless cow wants to talk about outrageous acts by politicians, then she needs to take a good, long, hard look at herself and her party.

Ontarians knew all about her depredations but they went right ahead and gave her a big majority. How so many people can be so stupid is beyond any understanding. ANYBODY would have been better than her.
She's got 2 things going for her that got her elected, she's a lesbian, and she looks like a woman! That's all it takes to be popular these days. And elections are nothing more than popularity contests. Smile, wave, hug and tell lies; gets them elected every time!

Ontarians knew what she was and still gave her a big majority. She's got 4 things going for her; she's a lesbian, she 'looks' like a woman, she smiles a lot and lies a lot. That's what's popular these days. It gets them elected every time!
Anybody would have been better than her! Even Bob Rae wasn't as bad as her; at least he just didn't know any better.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
There's two issues here, home schooling and sex ed. I have no problem with either. Home schooling is fine as long as the children meet required standards. The dropping teen pregnancy rate shows sex ed is working. I get that people like flossy don't like giving people choice and I get that Wally and Pete are afraid of vag inas but we needn't let the fringes dictate common sense.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
There's two issues here, home schooling and sex ed. I have no problem with either. Home schooling is fine as long as the children meet required standards. The dropping teen pregnancy rate shows sex ed is working. I get that people like flossy don't like giving people choice and I get that Wally and Pete are afraid of vag inas but we needn't let the fringes dictate common sense.

Do you have a link on teen pregnancy rate dropping? I don't trust statistics at all but I would be interested to see what the dope is on this.
Before sex education was introduced into the schools, STDs were unheard of among teens and teen pregnancy was about 1 or 2 per class per year. I'm basing that on the years when I went to high school.
Now we're seeing 4 or 5 pregnancies out of every class in our local high schools.
The idea seems to be to teach teens that sex is not just an adult activity engaged in with responsibility, but it's great for kids too as long as they use birth control. That line of thought doesn't seem to be working very well.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Do you have a link on teen pregnancy rate dropping? I don't trust statistics at all but I would be interested to see what the dope is on this.
Before sex education was introduced into the schools, STDs were unheard of among teens and teen pregnancy was about 1 or 2 per class per year. I'm basing that on the years when I went to high school.
Now we're seeing 4 or 5 pregnancies out of every class in our local high schools.
The idea seems to be to teach teens that sex is not just an adult activity engaged in with responsibility, but it's great for kids too as long as they use birth control. That line of thought doesn't seem to be working very well.
Yes, and sex ed is all to blame!

Well, that and Trudeaubama.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't think so. 1) you're assuming that the parents are 'uneducated'? That they don't have access to knowledge of what
to teach their children?
2) parents are no more 'limited' that teachers are. It is not the amount of knowledge that one
possesses that matters; the necessary knowledge can be attained by anyone looking for
it. The only way that trained teachers might be more skilled is in their methods of teaching.

I don't for a minute think there's anything wrong with the parents' knowledge- if they live with their parents they are going to pick up a lot of that anyway. BUT if they are home schooled most of their knowledge is going to be gained from the parents and I just think it's important for kids to have access to other points of view.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I'm surprised the pregnancy rate in high school is that high. I have one grand daughter attending high school here and the other one graduated in 2014 & I don't recall hearing of any in the past couple of years. Of course I realize many keep it a dark secret and ship them out to live with an aunt or someone until the "crisis" has passed.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I don't for a minute think there's anything wrong with the parents' knowledge- if they live with their parents they are going to pick up a lot of that anyway. BUT if they are home schooled most of their knowledge is going to be gained from the parents and I just think it's important for kids to have access to other points of view.

But how many points of view are there about mathematics, science, historical facts, etc.? That's what education is about and what the public schools have gotten away from.
How can it be that the kids nowadays can't do math without a calculator, can't spell or write, don't know who the Prime Minister is, how many Provinces there are or what the Capitol of Canada is?
Why do school aged kids have to be taught to be nice to people, about birth control, don't smoke and tell on your parents if they are mean to you?
I would rather see the kids learning academics in school and social issues from their parents. They will be more likely influenced by their parents anyway, in adulthood.

I'm surprised the pregnancy rate in high school is that high. I have one grand daughter attending high school here and the other one graduated in 2014 & I don't recall hearing of any in the past couple of years. Of course I realize many keep it a dark secret and ship them out to live with an aunt or someone until the "crisis" has passed.

I don't know why it's so high here. I have 5 grand nieces and nephews in high school right now. It is common for a pregnant teen to continue in class until and after she gives birth. They are encouraged to keep their babies and they either end up on welfare or the grandparents raise the child.
My cousin works in a day care for teen mothers so that they can go back to school.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
But how many points of view are there about mathematics, science, historical facts, etc.?

Ask DB or MHz about history. Ask Taxslave about the science behind medicine. Ask JLM to calculate the number of homeless vets in a given city after giving him the total homeless and the percentage of vets. Ask Gerry to point out the difference between The County of Rosebud in Montana and the Hamlet of Rosebud in Alberta. It's actually staggering that there could be so many "points of view".

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I think the forum has reached a new low,i wonder why i participate in such foolish conversations,
Mentalfloss,i think you hit a new low,or maybe it is just my intolerant mood,which by the way,this intolerant mood comes and goes,
you are all silly in your responses,
or old,
or ignorant,
or actors,
fools,
i will stop but there are more words,to describe the conversations which take place on this forum,poorly scripted i would say,
just not sure,then again,what the hell,i will travel with my imagination.
and no i am not high,are you?

and yes,Ms. Wynn is on the right track,
Conservatives are always up to the game of "dirty tricks",with big doses of manipulation.
her voice must be heard,parents will choose.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
But how many points of view are there about mathematics, science, historical facts, etc.? That's what education is about and what the public schools have gotten away from.
How can it be that the kids nowadays can't do math without a calculator, can't spell or write, don't know who the Prime Minister is, how many Provinces there are or what the Capitol of Canada is?
Why do school aged kids have to be taught to be nice to people, about birth control, don't smoke and tell on your parents if they are mean to you?
I would rather see the kids learning academics in school and social issues from their parents. They will be more likely influenced by their parents anyway, in adulthood.

All good points D.M. - As far as behaviour goes, I think young people run the gamut. I've met a lot of nice polite young people and I think the ones that draw attention to themselves acting out are in the minority. Is there a need to do math the way we used to do it doing multiplication long hand adding up columns of figures on a piece of paper? We did it that way because there was no other way (battery operated calculators were unheard of (at least at an affordable price) until the mid 70s- unless you were handy at logarithms. I still know how to multiply 12 X 12 but it doesn't serve any useful purpose unless you are stranded out in the bush with nothing but your wits & for some reason have to multiply 12 X 12. Facing modern day reality maybe the ability to change with the times is more important than clinging to old dogmatic procedures (much as I hate the change) :)