Julie "Bitch" Payette Resigns

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I take it we don't like the GG much?
Meh.....(yeah, I've been busy for a few weeks, or maybe months?), this has been coming since Payette's appointment. Going to be tough to find another Family Friend of the Trudeau's who's also a former Astronaut who's also a woman to accept a gig that pays a bit under $300G's/yr and even with her resignation after a few years a guaranteed pension (indexed to inflation) of about $12,000.00/month. Gotta check all the boxes instead of vetting the person in advance like with Payette:

Family Friend of the Trudeau's? CHECK!
Astronaut? (Holy Shit!) CHECK-CHECK!
From Quebec? (little spluge this time) CHECK!
Did she go to the same College as Justin & Sophie? CHECK-CHECK!
History of horrible treatment of employees? CHE-ugh....Shhhhhhh....
Triggered Previous HR Investigations? Uhm...yeah, but what else has she got?
Hardcore Climate Change Advocate? (second spluge) CHECK!

If only she was LGBTQ & in a wheelchair, but she 'came available' at the right time so....here we are. Maybe that woman who's the leader of the Green Party but can't seem to get a seat in Parliament might be available to step in as the new GG? I mean, she's not an Astronaut or in a wheelchair but what the Hell? Why not?

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Good job of showing what the "Order of Canada" represents. Entitlement high on the list.

Average guy needs this like another hole in the head. The entire governor general package brings zero benefit with huge expenses and now a huge embarrassment. One more layer of totally unnecessary oppression imo.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Good job of showing what the "Order of Canada" represents. Entitlement high on the list.

Average guy needs this like another hole in the head. The entire governor general package brings zero benefit with huge expenses and now a huge embarrassment. One more layer of totally unnecessary oppression imo.
While we're at it Justin should resign as well by which we can "kill two birds" for the price of one!

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Michelle Jean and Adrienne Clarkson were more of the same.

Smart thing to do is axe the whole program but the bureaucracy needs the jobs.

They should think about Harry as the Queens representative in Canada. That might actually work.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

They should think about Harry as the Queens representative in Canada. That might actually work.
How about Archie? He's also royal and WAAAAY more mature.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind paying Harry a couple of shekels per annum! At least he has some skills like flying choppers!

Reactions: taxslave

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I take it we don't like the GG much?
I've heard rumors for a couple of years now that she's not well liked as she didn't respect her staff at all. So no, it doesn't surprise me. In fact, she should have either been fired or resigned a long time ago. There was also a rumor that she didn't like the job at all - why she didn't resign sooner then (if true) is beyond me.

Reactions: petros and Danbones

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Best thing about this fiasco is that it puts all the other ones further in the past. WE bros free to get back in circulation again. Easier now with video conferencing anyway.

To let Ms Payette resign and leave the building with the limo trunk loaded with goodies and souvenirs does not fix the lunacy. Then again an inquest will serve no purpose.

Reactions: petros and Danbones

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
On the one hand, I usually don't mind the Queen's rep or idea of a Monarch in Canada.

On the other hand... fuk this twat.

• Love
Reactions: petros