Impending War On Iran

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
US pondering military strikes against Iran:

http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10/01/2047501.htm?section=justin

The United States has shifted strategy and is drawing up plans for possible air strikes against Iran's Revolutionary Guard instead of the country's nuclear sites, the New Yorker magazine reports.
President George W Bush has requested the joint chiefs of staff revise plans for a possible attack on Iran, with the focus on "surgical" raids against the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, which Washington accuses of targeting US forces in Iraq, the magazine says.

Seymour Hersh and Daniel Ellsberg have been quite accurate in their prediction of Republican political moves. So, unless something is done to stop Bush's criminal political ambitions, you can count on World War III being just around the corner.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
There seems to be little interest in the European elite community to stand down and back off Iran. This is not surprising since most of them are permanently welded to corporations who will profit directly from conquest of the region via oil and gas and maintenance of the planets reserve currency.
Lets all pray that our financial institutions are shielded by the love of god and we are able to conduct bussiness as usual.

silky

Electoral Member
Nov 24, 2006
z4.invisionfree.com
So it seems another *coincidence* that "Russia has evacuated its entire staff of nuclear engineers and experts who were working at the Bushehr nuclear reactor, increasing speculation that the United States is preparing an imminent military attack on Iran." http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=4636

Read somewhere the other day that Iran was not paying it's bill to Russia for the work being done on the Bushehr nuclear reactor, so perhaps that may be a reason Russia withdrawing it's people, however, that seems implausible that Iran would allow Russia to pull out simply because of non-payment. Just a thought.

goat

Time Out
Mar 8, 2007
In light of the heavyweights coming out in favour of striking Iran I would suggest non-payment to Russia is a moot point although it allows Putin and his worldwide collage of supportive left wing Chamberlain-type chappies to spin it that way.

Load 'em up and start the bombing

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
If Americans don't go NUTS if war occurs..on Iran
I will weep..til my tears drown the entire continent of America..including Canada hehe

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So it seems another *coincidence* that "Russia has evacuated its entire staff of nuclear engineers and experts who were working at the Bushehr nuclear reactor, increasing speculation that the United States is preparing an imminent military attack on Iran." http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=4636

Read somewhere the other day that Iran was not paying it's bill to Russia for the work being done on the Bushehr nuclear reactor, so perhaps that may be a reason Russia withdrawing it's people, however, that seems implausible that Iran would allow Russia to pull out simply because of non-payment. Just a thought.

What is implausible about that? The Iranians are not paying the Russians so why should the Russians stay?

And what is this about Iran not allowing the Russians to pull out? Since when does Iran have authority over Russia and it's Russian workers?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What are his dreams? Any link?

Surely, you jest.

I do not jest. I want to know Bush's imperialistic dreams on Iran. What are they? Where is the link that states his dreams on his Iran?

By the way... I am still waiting on the link with the poll question

Do you oppose Bush's Imperialistic dreams on Iran?

Have you posted that yet?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
What is implausible about that? The Iranians are not paying the Russians so why should the Russians stay?

And what is this about Iran not allowing the Russians to pull out? Since when does Iran have authority over Russia and it's Russian workers?

Seriously. I doubt the Kremlin would put up with any nonsense like that.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005

Did you read my links??

Or is is your delusional beliefs that Bush intends to pour blessings rather than bombs on Iran.

LOL!

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Lieberman-Kyl’s Iran amendment passes.

The US Senate votes 76-22 to approve of this idiotic measure to authorize military action against Iran when it is only too clear that the majority of the American public is tired of Bush's wars and threats.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/09/26/breaking-lieberman-kyls-iran-amendment-passes

Meanwhile the apathetic international community persists in its appeasement of Bush and Congressional threats.

World War III looms and the corporate war profiteers rub their hands with glee.

When americans/canadians/israelis becomes politiciens, do they have an iq higher than 75?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Did you read my links??

Or is is your delusional beliefs that Bush intends to pour blessings rather than bombs on Iran.

LOL!

I read each and every link that you posted that pertained to this thread. Each one.

Once again your fire from the hip M.O, your unsubstantiated statements have run into what is real. Your embellishment has been confronted and you cannot answer my question or provide links to back up what you said.

I will answer for you since you cannot answer for yourself

"I, CC Member Gopher, apoligize to the members of Canadian Content. There was no poll taken that asked the question...

Do you support Bush's Imperialistic dreams for Iran?

I...Gopher, made that up. I embellished that question from other poll questions that pertained to a military strike in Iran. Once called upon to provide accurate links I posted any link to make the question go away.

I am also sorry for not being able to provide accurate data to describe what exactly Bush's dreams are for Iran. Typically I am ignored when I ramble and did not think I would be called upon to back up what I post here on this fine forum. I do not know Bush's dreams on Iran, I can only speculate or provide an opinion on what I think they are. However, there are no links to back up what I put forward as fact.

Once again... I... Gopher... apoligize for posting false polls and statements."

That is all you had to say.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Invading Iran would not be done out of stupidity, it would be done for diversion. The Republicans would use it to drum up patriotism and bring up all the things like don't change sides during a war etc.
In my opinion Bush is as nuts as Hitler ever was. In fact the homeland security stuff is nothing more than the limiting of democracy, these people are sellling a thirteenth century idea, we will give you security in exchange for your freedom. Abe Lincoln believed democracy could grow and flurish even in the face of diversity and the American Government today has lost its way.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest for this man to attack Iran, he's picked fights with almost everybody.

Reactions: gopher

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
``Bush is as nuts as Hitler ever was``

No political leader in modern history has been compared more often with Hitler than has Bush. Certain people like Eaglesmack do not have enough sense to understand that but, thankfully, they are in the minority in the USA today.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
And no one but the left in America, throws around comparisons to hitler with such gusto.

Hitler is so yesterday, thanks to the democrats and the looney left.

The left makes me sick.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
``no one but the left in America, throws around comparisons to hitler with such gusto.``

I have posted the libertarian libertyforums.org website more than enough times to prove that it is proper thinking, that is real, Americans who compare Bush with Hitler. And they are right!

Anything less is treason. If you don't like the majority view, that's your problem, not ours.