Impending War On Iran

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I suppose you believe Bush's warped views represent the majority view in the USA. If so, why did he lose the last election??

What are his warped views?

If he lost the last election...why is he still president?

If you say the GOP stole it...why didn't the GOP steal the last congressional election?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
This thread is about the Bush campaign to start another war on Iran. So, stop trying to distract from the issue by going off to another one of your maniacal right wing rants.

JoeSchmoe

Time Out
May 28, 2007
Vancouver Island
Invading countries that are no threat and unprovoked.... Bush. Who was the last leader to do that? Hitler? Certainly... in that way Bush can be compared to Hitler quite legitimately. Who else? Saddam? Sure. Bush can be compared to Sadam too.... only Bush os much worse... look at the # of deaths caused....

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Look again: the invasion started post legislation - in fact several pro war types on this forum used reports of that law as proof that Clinton and the Democrats were equally responisble for the war. In a sense, they have a point. Henceforth, Dems can no longer say Republicans are exclusively responsible for the consequences of any war that takes place in Iran (and in Iraq for that matter).

yes, the war did start post legislation FIVE YEARS post-legislation. You know, the war started post declaration of independance too! Why didn't we see it coming, it should have been obvious the declaration of independance, was really a declaration of independance from getting permission from the non-existant UN to invade Iraq 200 years later, oh how could we be so blind.

As for Bush being compared to Hitler "more than anyone", bull. 1.) That only proves that people who oppose him are equally as stupid as those who support him (he really does represent a whole nation, whippeee!), and 2.) its not true, every leader is called Hitler by anyone who opposes them, even in Israel (looks like everyone the world over is equally as stupid!)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This thread is about the Bush campaign to start another war on Iran. So, stop trying to distract from the issue by going off to another one of your maniacal right wing rants.

I am not going off on a rant... I am just putting you in your place which is so easy to do!

Ok... where is the Bush Campiagn? Has the buildup started? Don't you think we a spread a little too thin to start a war with Iran?

I know that you WANT the US to start a war. You do. Admit it. Look at all of the CC posting opportunities and material you will have.

It ain't going to happen. Bush has just over a year left. He will be out and that will be that. I think you will be sorry to see him go.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Invading countries that are no threat and unprovoked.... Bush. Who was the last leader to do that? Hitler? Certainly... in that way Bush can be compared to Hitler quite legitimately. Who else? Saddam? Sure. Bush can be compared to Sadam too.... only Bush os much worse... look at the # of deaths caused....

Breznef

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
gopher:

Quite right!

They say the US has never got over the war years and has an unconsious wish to relive the glory of those days, aided by having a military arm stockpile. Look at the proportion of military ads and entertainment in comparison to those of other nations as proof. The reruns ad nausium of Burn's "War", and JAG, and the continuous retelling of Iwo Jima and Midway. I find it astounding the people don't question why their government just so happens to find another excuse for yet another incursion or overthrow. What are the odds that a war(?) will crop up every 3-10 years that is a real national threat to the US?. I suppose bedouin tent poles and pitch forks make a real weapon to reckon with, and of course not to forget there's the threat of the 9 thousand mile proximity to the US border.

My personal view is we are witnessing a deep rooted national desire to obtain the WW2 type ticker tape parade type glory that the war with Vietnam was supposed have given them. Trouble is they found out Vietnam didn't contract with Hollywood to play the losing bad nation. The excuses for the wars(really planned incursions) are taken from the present, but I think it goes deeper. We need to ask, do we really feel that after all this time of border overruns the US can live with peace.?

So now we have the taunting and kicking of sand in the face of other nations, and muscle flexing by the bully to provoke them. The shame is other nations follow suite in this ruse. I think Chretien knew this, and that is why he didn't play the puppet, and I'm no great fan of his either but this he did right.

If the reason is a moral and righteous one, to overthrow terrorism, there are many African nations that fit that category before Iraq, and they're armies have nothing more than small arms and non-nuclear arsenals.

Yup, gotta set up "Fort Apache the US" real quick before Haiti re-arms. Now there's a real trouble maker for you. Oh yeah, no oil there, forgot.

AndyF

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
``people who oppose him are equally as stupid as those who support him``

congratulations - you have just included the entire human race in that gem (lol!)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
``Oh yeah, no oil there, forgot.``

Which is precisely why none of these pro war right wingers are enthused about calling for an invasion of Pakistan and ridding the world of fascist Bush ally Musharraf.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Okay

Let's get this straight:

The over-riding principle is VERY simple:
Islamist fanatics can NOT be permitted access to nuclear weapons.

FULL STOP.

Whatever is required to prevent these lunatics getting the big boomer is perfectly alright with me......

Oh yeah......and if you folks really believe negotiations with Iran are apt to lead to a agreement, or are helpful, or are even sane, I advise you to read Mark Bowden's book Guests of the Ayatollah: The Iran Hostage Crisis for a look at the confusion, the idiocy, the absolute chaos of Iran as a nation. The Persian gov't is NUTS....pure and simple.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Of course you leave out the fact that the US covertly overthrew a democratic goverment in Iran and installed a puppet dictator the Shah that started all this mess Colpy :roll:

Reactions: gopher

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yep. The CIA supported coup of 1953, largely engineered by Kermit Roosevelt, son of Teddy, one of the very great Presidents.......
An idiotic mistake, as were many things the USA got into because of their fear and loathing of the USSR........just across the border from Iran.
Which changes not a whit what might need to be done now..........I don't get your point.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
The USA's support of Contra terrorists undermined a democratically elected government in Nicaragua. No government in history has promoted more terrorism throughout the world than has Washington, DC.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The USA's support of Contra terrorists undermined a democratically elected government in Nicaragua. No government in history has promoted more terrorism throughout the world than has Washington, DC.

Oh Baloney!
There is a difference between supporting rebel movements (and NO, I don't think the Contras were a good idea) and using nuclear weapons for terrorism.......and NO that is not comparable to using nuclear weapons to end the bloodiest war in history.
What is your point? I dont get it. We have to defend ourselves, no matter what offenses we have committed in the past.....none of your crying about injustice has the slightest bearing on the debate at hand.........

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Let's see now.....It has not been proven that Iran has nuclear capabilities at this time. Pakistan, however, does have nukes....is run by a military junta, is home to both Al-Qaeda and the Taliban...... yet it's Iran that "we're" worried about? Oh ya....that makes sense.8O

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
``We have to defend ourselves, no matter what offenses we have committed in the past...``

And it was John Negroponte who directed all Republican financed terrorist activity in Central America - since there is no statute of limitations on murder perhaps you as the do-gooder right winger would like to have him extradited in order to face a murder trial.

''We have to defend ourselves''

Yeah, great job there in attacking Iraq which never posed a threat to the USA. And now you think the idea of attacking Iran which also poses no threat is acceptible??

Yeech!

There's something about these Republicans ....:roll:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Let's see now.....It has not been proven that Iran has nuclear capabilities at this time. Pakistan, however, does have nukes....is run by a military junta, is home to both Al-Qaeda and the Taliban...... yet it's Iran that "we're" worried about? Oh ya....that makes sense.8O

No, Iran is simply the subject of this thread. If the Islamo-fascists of Pakistan appear to have a crack at getting control of nukes, I don't think there will be any debate whatsoever....drastic action will be taken...I hope!