Humboldt Broncos bus crash

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
News says different.

RCMP say multiple factors under consideration in Broncos' team bus crash | CBC News

The driver and sole occupant of a semi-trailer was heading west on Highway 335, while the Humboldt Broncos team bus carrying 29 people was northbound on Highway 35.

Looks like the truck driver may have blown the stop sign, and the bus hit the trailer.

The first news report I heard called it a head on.

But as the article states, it's still under investigation.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If they is any upside to a tragedy like this it makes the rest of us realize how lucky we really are and our niggling little problems are really nothing. How many people today would give their eye teeth to be able to trade their problems for mine? Condolences to all affected!

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
humboldt broncos | Search Results | Toronto Sun

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
When did the Dippers start promoting smaller gubmint and balanced budgets?

I realize that you are challenged when the topic is not about you, Cannuck but for once could you just back off? This topic is about the loss and suffering a community is going through after the deaths of 14 people - one is still on life-support. Think about that, will you. Please.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Justine should not attend any services in Humboldt. He is highly unpopular in the area and will be a distraction for the media.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Justine should not attend any services in Humboldt. He is highly unpopular in the area and will be a distraction for the media.

Too late, Walter..........he's already in Saskatchewan. Actually he is at the hospital in Saskatoon where the remaining injured players are being treated. Also at the hospital are several NHL coaches who came with gifts for the boys and spent sometime talking with them and their families. Don and Ron are just leaving the hospital on their way to the memorial in Humboldt. It is wonderful to see the hockey community pulling together in support of the families and the community.

So far, the PM has avoided the media. Let's hope he continues to do so.

The GoFundMe campaign for the Humboldt Broncos is on the verge of cracking 4 million dollars.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Is there a topic that does not resolve into Trudeau bashing?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Is there a topic that does not resolve into Trudeau bashing?

Ooooh..........triggered were you? FYI, I was not taking a crack at the PM, rather I was hoping he would show some grace and empathy by avoiding any direct contact with the media. His presence at the memorial may bring comfort to some, but most certainly not all in the arena tonight. Best for him that he play it low key.

I do give him a nod for avoiding the media while he visited the injured in hospital. He didn't have to take that extra step but I am happy that he did. It was, IMHO, much more meaningful.

TSN3 will be covering the memorial live on TSN3 at 6PM PST.

Update: The GoFundMeBroncos campaign has to date raised $4,162,333 thanks to the contributions of 61,222 people.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What the hell is wrong with people? How can a professional driver cause something like this?

I didn't think they had determined a cause or assessed blame yet..............tie rod ends have been known to disconnect!

I agree you arent a Trumpite. You are just a knuckle dragging closet Dipper.

Want a banana?

Just a typical Asshole, Pete, who thinks "some deaths are serious"! :roll:

Ooooh..........triggered were you? FYI, I was not taking a crack at the PM, rather I was hoping he would show some grace and empathy by avoiding any direct contact with the media. His presence at the memorial may bring comfort to some, but most certainly not all in the arena tonight. Best for him that he play it low key.

He might show up in a Broncos uniform!