Humboldt Broncos bus crash

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
14 dead 15 injured in crash of hockey team bus outside of Tisdale Sask.

What a horrible story to wake up to.

https://ca.gofundme.com/funds-for-humboldt-broncos here is the go fund me page to help these people out.

Not a hockey fan but I am a parent and my kids do play sports and the last thing you think about when your kid leaves to take a trip somewhere to play is something like this.

Heart breaking.

Last edited:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
This broke my heart. The prairie heartland, hockey, salt of earth.. and the immense open landscape that must be traversed by bus or train. My sincere condolences to families and communities affected.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
What a heart-breaking tragedy for the families and community of Humboldt. My heart goes out to them and pray they will find the support they need in the days to come.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
OMG what a horrible tragedy. My condolences to those families who have lost a loved one and my prayers and good wishes to those who were injured. May they have a speedy recovery.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It is an act of considersble trust everytime you send your children off on an activity. This is all of our worst nightmares come true. My deepest sympathies to those parents families who have lost their precious young.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What the hell is wrong with people? How can a professional driver cause something like this?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
15 now confirmed dead as a result of the crash.

This view looks much more like a head-on to me rather than a T-bone. The bus has been peeled open like an onion. It is amazing that anyone survived. Judging by the damage to both vehicles, it must have been one horrific crash.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
terrible tragedy

folks here in Gopherland were talking a lot about that as we also have teams that travel a long way to get to their games- they often travel in snow storms where direction signs may be obscured by ice/snow and use train crossings that are not gated

justlooking

Council Member
May 19, 2017
There's no proof the bus was t-boned-in fact this looks to me like a head on collision which is what survivors have said it was.

It was a head on and to my understanding it's still being investigated.

Very tragic. My heart goes out to the family.

News says different.

RCMP say multiple factors under consideration in Broncos' team bus crash | CBC News

The driver and sole occupant of a semi-trailer was heading west on Highway 335, while the Humboldt Broncos team bus carrying 29 people was northbound on Highway 35.

Looks like the truck driver may have blown the stop sign, and the bus hit the trailer.

Last edited: