Humboldt Broncos bus crash

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Is that really what is being paid of just what youve heard?

Companies hire immigrants from India.. they are sponsored and can’t leave the company..

They are considered “trainees” and get $0.28

I don’t want to name the companies that do this, because well I make money off these clowns too..

But yes, that is what the “New Canadians” are paid..

Worse, is the abuse and the way they are treated by customers, yelling at them for being slow to back up, not speaking perfect English.. just for being East Indian.. Canada I’d say is more racist than the USA.. Texans don’t treat them the same way..

However, Canada needs to get off paper logs.. to easy to abuse.. and the companies regularly edit and redo log books.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I’m probably one of the odd drivers that believe that every truck should have electronic logs…

97DCEA7D-BD6C-40F5-816B-488098D2631A.jpeg

… and at the very least an outwardly facing camera on 24/7

6C9DBDAE-6BF8-403B-8C2A-803A4802C7F8.jpeg

My camera uploads the video to the Internet and cost me about $40/month

It’s tied direct into the ECM so it shows GPS and speed.. it has gotten me out of tickets 👍

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Companies hire immigrants from India.. they are sponsored and can’t leave the company..

They are considered “trainees” and get $0.28

I don’t want to name the companies that do this, because well I make money off these clowns too..

But yes, that is what the “New Canadians” are paid..

Worse, is the abuse and the way they are treated by customers, yelling at them for being slow to back up, not speaking perfect English.. just for being East Indian.. Canada I’d say is more racist than the USA.. Texans don’t treat them the same way..

However, Canada needs to get off paper logs.. to easy to abuse.. and the companies regularly edit and redo log books.
There are immigration brokers who set up 4 immigrant families with visas then hit the auctions for a tractor that will pass spec. These guys are indebt and scared shitless of losing.their visas. If they do, they still owe the the "brokers" a shit tonne. Its a trap.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Trucker who caused Broncos crash loses latest bid to stay in Canada
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Bill Graveland
Published Dec 14, 2023 • Last updated 2 days ago • 2 minute read

A judge dismissed applications on Thursday from the truck driver who caused the deadly Humboldt Broncos bus crash and was fighting deportation back to India.

Jaskirat Singh Sidhu was sentenced to eight years in prison for causing the 2018 crash in Saskatchewan that killed 16 people and injured 13 others. He pleaded guilty to dangerous driving charges.

The rookie Calgary trucker, a newly married permanent resident, barrelled through a stop sign at a rural intersection near Tisdale, Sask., and drove into the path of the bus carrying the junior hockey team to a playoff game.

Sidhu was granted parole earlier this year and the Canada Border Services Agency had recommended he be deported.

Sidhu’s lawyer, Michael Greene, argued before Federal Court in September that border services officials didn’t consider Sidhu’s previously clean criminal record and remorse.

Greene asked that the agency be ordered to conduct a second review of the case and set aside the decision.

“The facts underlying Mr. Sidhu’s applications to this court were devastating for everyone involved. Many lives were lost, others were torn apart, and many hopes and dreams were shattered,” Chief Justice Paul Crampton wrote in his decision.

“Unfortunately, nothing this court decides can change much of those truly tragic consequences.”

Crampton said border officials were fair in their assessment and addressed both Sidhu’s record and “extraordinary degree of genuine, heart-wrenching remorse.”

“The officer’s decision was appropriately justified, transparent and intelligible,” Crampton wrote. “It also reflected an internally coherent and rational chain of analysis, and meaningfully engaged with the key issues raised by Mr. Sidhu.”

He said Sidhu now faces removal to India, after spending years of hard work establishing a life with his wife in Canada.

The judge added that Sidhu can still ask for permanent resident status on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

Chris Joseph of St. Albert, Alta., whose 20-year-old son, Jaxon, was killed in the crash, had been calling for Sidhu’s deportation.

“It’s the right decision and sends the right message,” Joseph said Thursday after learning of the judge’s ruling.

“It’s been five years of pain for our family and many other families … for all of us, it’s been ongoing pain that’s never left.”

• Love
Reactions: Taxslave2