Huge Protest against COVID-19 measures in Montreal

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
While I agree with the sentiment, it is a little harsh. The "fucking idiots" is bang on, they are worried about their own inconvenience while other folks are dying. Seems like none of the politicians have any balls!
Why are you badmouthing all of the politicians? Maxine Bernier, leader of the People’s Party of Canada and a true social conservative was at the protest yesterday. He stands for freedom with the rest of us. Not like what’s his name (O’Toole). He’s a CINO (Conservative in Name Only).

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
Looks like Quebec is going for their 4th and 5th lockdown at this rate.. 😂
Not for me. I never accepted any lockdown measures and never will. I will NOT relinquish my freedom for anyone. I go about my life as I did prior to the pandemic. Those who want to respect curfews and remain under house arrest are more than free to do so. Good luck to them.

There’s a saying in the U.S. I believe it’s the state motto for New Hampshire...”Live Free or Die”. It says it all. What’s the point of existing if we lose our freedom?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Unfortunately, not this time.. with so many variants coming out, vaccines may be the only way for herd immunity and bring COVID-19 to and end. I will be going for my shot soon.

Even though I have had COVID-19 in the past, and have been exposed to it again on Oct 2020.. I want the strongest anti-bodies and protection I can get from variants. ..

In the end, the vaccines and such are for the variants, not the initial Covid.

And if people don't smarten the f up, we may be doing this for nothing, as not enough people will have immunity, the virus will hit a vaccinated person and 'adapt' and that new variant will make the vaccine moot.

Which is the reason why the vaccine needs to get into as many people ASAP, so we DON'T have a vaccine resistant strain show up.

But then... *gestures to the stupid people*...

Evidently they want to carry on as we are now.

Reactions: DaSleeper

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Unfortunately, not this time.. with so many variants coming out, vaccines may be the only way for herd immunity and bring COVID-19 to and end. I will be going for my shot soon.

Even though I have had COVID-19 in the past, and have been exposed to it again on Oct 2020.. I want the strongest anti-bodies and protection I can get from variants. ..
Who told you that ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

I have read somewhere in the last day or so that getting the shot after having covid is pointless .

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

More than 500 people admitted to hospital with coronavirus after getting vaccinated​

Researchers at Liverpool University said the patients had all received one dose of the vaccine at least three weeks before they were admitted....

...The study found a total of 526 people were admitted to hospital and 113 people died in what the research team called “vaccine failures”...

After dozens contract COVID in Florida after vaccination, doctor’s reminder: Goal is to ‘keep people out of the hospital’​

ORLANDO, Fla. – They’re called COVID-19 breakthrough cases: People who have been fully vaccinated yet still contract the virus more than 14 days after their second shot.

The cases are popping up around the country, including in Central Florida, News4Jax sister station WKMG-TV reported. Though as News4Jax has previously reported, medical experts have never promised that getting a vaccination will provide 100% immunity.

Dr. Sunil Joshi, president of the Duval County Medical Foundation, compared the COVID-19 vaccine to the flu vaccine.

“It’s like the flu shot, for instance, right. We know, we encourage people to get the flu vaccine That doesn’t mean that you’re not going to get the flu.

You Can Still Spread, Develop COVID-19 After Getting a Vaccine: What to Know​

• They add the vaccine doesn’t prevent coronavirus infection. It helps protect against serious illnesses.
  • Experts advise people who get vaccinated to continue wearing a mask, washing their hands, and maintaining proper physical distancing.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Why are you badmouthing all of the politicians? Maxine Bernier, leader of the People’s Party of Canada and a true social conservative was at the protest yesterday. He stands for freedom with the rest of us. Not like what’s his name (O’Toole). He’s a CINO (Conservative in Name Only).
And do you really think Bernier is going to be any different if he was to become Prime Minister? Hey buddy, if you think so, I have a nice bridge I can sell you cheap connecting Ellesmere Island to Greenland!

Reactions: Danbones and B00Mer

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
While I agree ....in principle... with what you say, 67% of the population must be vaccinated for herd immunity to kick in, so the anti-vaccers are the ones stalling the process!
That is only if the vaccine works as advertised. Big IF. Since both the government and the vaccine producers have lied to us since day one believing them is pretty shaky. They can't even tell us with any certainty that this won't be an annual shot like the flu shot that is sometimes less than 60% effective or what adverse effects there may be downstream.