Huge Protest against COVID-19 measures in Montreal

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
I was at the rally yesterday with my two kids. The message to our government was loud and clear. We want our freedom back. We’re all tired of having government (big brother) control our lives. Freedom needs to triumph over fear.
More than 30,000 people said they would attend the event on Facebook leading up to the march, and Saturday’s turnout seemed to line up with that number, though the SPVM couldn’t confirm.

Among the protesters was Maxime Bernier, the founder and leader of the People’s Party of Canada.

Huge Protest Against COVID-19 Measures in Montreal

Last edited:
Reactions: taxslave

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Why , are we no longer allowed freedom of assembly , and freedom of expression in Canada ? Are we not free to protest what many consider government overreach ? Will you meekly line up for the boxcars ?

Not when you are risking the economy and health of others.. for your own selfish gain.

That's why I always say the real generation was from the 1900's, they fought 2 World Wars, the Spanish flu, a great depression.. people nowadays are spoiled and selfish.

Reactions: Serryah

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Not when you are risking the economy and health of others.. for your own selfish gain.

That's why I always say the real generation was from the 1900's, they fought 2 World Wars, the Spanish flu, a great depression.. people nowadays are spoiled and selfish.
Well that generation did not shut down their countries and kill their economies during the Spanish Flu , nor did they quarantine healthy people . Where is the real risk when 99% of those who contact this disease survive ? Good on the people of Montreal for expressing their constitutional freedoms .

p.s. Boomer you have been travelling across the border in your job , maybe it is you and other long haul drivers that are actually behind the spread .

Reactions: taxslave

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
p.s. Boomer you have been travelling across the border in your job , maybe it is you and other long haul drivers that are actually behind the spread .

....and I have been saying this from day 1. After my trip in February 2020 to Miami and Orlando, and visiting Walt Disney I came back with COVID-19 and was admitted to the hospital March 3rd, 2020 one of the first to get sick from COVID-19. Came into Winnipeg, than to Saskatoon, then Calgary.

28 people that I know on got sick and 1 died during that week from visiting Disney World.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My body my choice is what the pro abortion supporters chant , why should this not also apply to a rushed vaccine that many feel has not been adequat tested ?
While I agree ....in principle... with what you say, 67% of the population must be vaccinated for herd immunity to kick in, so the anti-vaccers are the ones stalling the process!

Reactions: B00Mer

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
While I agree ....in principle... with what you say, 67% of the population must be vaccinated for herd immunity to kick in, so the anti-vaccers are the ones stalling the process!
Or we can reach herd immunity from natural causes and shield the aged and compromised like we do with most viruses .

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Or we can reach herd immunity from natural causes and shield the aged and compromised like we do with most viruses .

Unfortunately, not this time.. with so many variants coming out, vaccines may be the only way for herd immunity and bring COVID-19 to and end. I will be going for my shot soon.

Even though I have had COVID-19 in the past, and have been exposed to it again on Oct 2020.. I want the strongest anti-bodies and protection I can get from variants. ..

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hope they all get COVID-19 a die.. fucking idiots.
While I agree with the sentiment, it is a little harsh. The "fucking idiots" is bang on, they are worried about their own inconvenience while other folks are dying. Seems like none of the politicians have any balls!

Reactions: B00Mer