How the GW myth is perpetuated

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The biggest danger to the Earth is our hubris and arrogance to deny that which is happening and assume things will be okay.

Whether it's 'man made' or not.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The biggest danger to the Earth is our hubris and arrogance to deny that which is happening and assume things will be okay.

Why would’t things be okay ? Nature abhors a vacuum and humans adapt .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

How about we use common sense instead? In the last 20+ years, we have accomplished more than the previous 50 if not more & our technology, our economies have all adapted to newer versions of various activities. We have clean air, clean water (for the most part) and the ability to "clean water", we manage our farm land much better then ever before. While we're not perfect, we are a work in progress and to simply destroy all that we've accomplished is insanity. Why the hurry? They claim a climate crisis but that is not happening. So why are they pushing?

They're pushing for: 1) power 2) control 3) money - all at our expense. All one has to do is see who is on the WEF and they're not the "moms & pops" of business; it's the trust fund kids & multi million/billionairs who want the power to control absolutely everything we see, say and do.

WE need to stop this in its tracks!!

• Love
Reactions: petros

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
How about we use common sense instead? In the last 20+ years, we have accomplished more than the previous 50 if not more & our technology, our economies have all adapted to newer versions of various activities. We have clean air, clean water (for the most part) and the ability to "clean water", we manage our farm land much better then ever before. While we're not perfect, we are a work in progress and to simply destroy all that we've accomplished is insanity. Why the hurry? They claim a climate crisis but that is not happening.

As someone living in a place where you can SEE the results of that change in climate yearly, sorry Dix, you're absolutely wrong on this one.

Why hurry? Well that answer is out there, but you obviously don't believe it.

So why are they pushing?

Depends on who 'they' are. Some people actually DO give a damn about the Earth enough to want to push responsible managements and actually just outright giving a crap.

Others, sure, are about the money and only money.

So while you focus on the money types, I prefer to think about those who actually look at the responsible management.

They're pushing for: 1) power 2) control 3) money - all at our expense. All one has to do is see who is on the WEF and they're not the "moms & pops" of business; it's the trust fund kids & multi million/billionairs who want the power to control absolutely everything we see, say and do.

No, what needs to be done is take the money issue out of it all, OR accept that money has to be part of the solution and get over the conspiracy theories surrounding it.

Something that, most people, won't do.

Will you?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
How about we use common sense instead? In the last 20+ years, we have accomplished more than the previous 50 if not more & our technology, our economies have all adapted to newer versions of various activities. We have clean air, clean water (for the most part) and the ability to "clean water", we manage our farm land much better then ever before. While we're not perfect, we are a work in progress and to simply destroy all that we've accomplished is insanity. Why the hurry? They claim a climate crisis but that is not happening. So why are they pushing?

Kiss my ring , peasant.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Serryah, what are the results of that change in climate that you see yearly in the place that you live?

Here?

Increased temps in the summer, little to NO snow, more rain in winter, colder for more days, hotter here for more days. I mean when I was a kid, 25 was HOT, and it rarely got up to 30 even with humidex. Now? Now 30 plus days are more common, higher with humidity. Our springs are earlier but with more rain. Locally we're having to look at replanning the dyke system for the Tantramar Marsh and the Chignecto Isthmus due to flood problems.

Beyond my immediate local, fish stocks are changing due to warm waters which is huge. And no, it's not just overfishing. New fish are moving in and taking over.

We've had tornado watches when that was NEVER a thing before. There's already been one or two this year, and friend of mine posted up video of a rotation in a thunder storm that was close to a funnel from what I saw.

While hurricanes hit rarely here, they've hit twice in just my 'short' life compared to the 'once in a generation' thing before. We get more tropical depressions/trop. storms with more rain, more wind.

The unique thing about my area is it's kind of a micro-climate. Ten minutes from here you'll get a totally different kind of weather. Hell, FIVE minutes away you'll get that. So, extremes happen, but this beyond even that.

That's why you can't convince me "Climate change isn't real". It is. And I don't care who did it/what did it/how it's happening.

What gets me is the arrogance of humans to not give a sweet fig about it.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Here?

Increased temps in the summer, little to NO snow, more rain in winter, colder for more days, hotter here for more days. I mean when I was a kid, 25 was HOT, and it rarely got up to 30 even with humidex. Now? Now 30 plus days are more common, higher with humidity. Our springs are earlier but with more rain. Locally we're having to look at replanning the dyke system for the Tantramar Marsh and the Chignecto Isthmus due to flood problems.

Beyond my immediate local, fish stocks are changing due to warm waters which is huge. And no, it's not just overfishing. New fish are moving in and taking over.

We've had tornado watches when that was NEVER a thing before. There's already been one or two this year, and friend of mine posted up video of a rotation in a thunder storm that was close to a funnel from what I saw.

While hurricanes hit rarely here, they've hit twice in just my 'short' life compared to the 'once in a generation' thing before. We get more tropical depressions/trop. storms with more rain, more wind.

The unique thing about my area is it's kind of a micro-climate. Ten minutes from here you'll get a totally different kind of weather. Hell, FIVE minutes away you'll get that. So, extremes happen, but this beyond even that.

That's why you can't convince me "Climate change isn't real". It is. And I don't care who did it/what did it/how it's happening.

What gets me is the arrogance of humans to not give a sweet fig about it.
This is just antidotal but in/around Regina SK it seems like it’s not as hot in the summers as it was in the ‘70’s or ‘80’s or 90’s….& way less tornadoes than the ‘70’s, and generally less snow than the ‘70’s & ‘80’s….. but this is just my impression without looking for data to back up my impression. Winters just suck. They always have & probably always will. If it’s changing, out here it’s changing for the better being less extreme than what I remember.

Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This is just antidotal but in/around Regina SK it seems like it’s not as hot in the summers as it was in the ‘70’s or ‘80’s or 90’s….& way less tornadoes than the ‘70’s, and generally less snow than the ‘70’s & ‘80’s….. but this is just my impression without looking for data to back up my impression. Winters just suck. They always have & probably always will. If it’s changing, out here it’s changing for the better being less extreme than what I remember.
"Anecdotal."

Not trying to grammar-Nazi you or make fun of you. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Ron in Regina