Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Do they all hug the tree?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You know what would be nice.

If everyone could take thirty minutes or an hour out of their day to pick up a shopping bags worth of garbage from off the ground. That would be the start of making a difference.

Yes i actually did

Real Green Talk!!!

It would be better if the garbage wan't dumped there in the first place.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
NOT dumping your garbage on the ground in the first place is doing something. AND you don't even need a government grant to do it.
Saying that other people not dumping their garbage would be a good thing ain't doing anything. As I said, your dedication to principle is admirable.

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
Apparently to Cliffy "facts" are anything that he can discover people agree upon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei showed that the entire establishment of science was against Galileo Galilei and was interpreting the bible not as an object of religion and a treatment of faith but of scientific fact.

He was ordered to life in prison if he did not recant and according to popular legend, after recanting his theory that the Earth moved around the Sun, Galileo allegedly muttered the rebellious phrase And yet it moves.

Cliffy is ALL for a consensus being the truth.

It is the perfect demonstration that he chose the proper picture for his tag.

I admire the way you don't let your pointless philosophizing be derailed by actually doing something.
I used to do something. And it had NO effect. If I cleaned 3 miles of road of the litter it would look the same 2 days later. If I pulled fallen trees and stones off of mountain roads the cars would drive faster and threaten me on my bicycle even more. I believe now in letting people live in their own trash-filled world. I do not believe that the taxpayer should be forced to pay so that it is more comfortable to pigs.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
They should have named this the March for Pseudoscience.. or the March of Fear Mongering.. of the Global Campaign against the Human Pesitilence.. something more appropriate to their cause. It seems a last gasp for AGW crowd.. whose credibility is in tatters.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
10 Years of Fracking: Its Impact on Our Water, Land and Climate

In a single year, fracking wells across the country released at least 5.3 billion pounds of the potent greenhouse gas methane, as much global warming pollution as 22 coal-fired power plants.

The major findings of Fracking by the Numbers: The Damage to Our Air, Water and Climate from a Decade of Dirty Drilling include:

• During well completion alone, fracking released 5.3 billion pounds of methane in 2014, a pollutant 86 times more powerful than carbon dioxide over the course of 20 years.

• Fracking wells produced at least 14 billion gallons of wastewater in 2014. Fracking wastewater has leaked from retention ponds, been dumped into streams and escaped from faulty disposal wells, putting drinking water at risk. Wastewater from fracked wells includes not only the toxic chemicals injected into the well but also can bring naturally occurring radioactive materials to the surface.

• Between 2005 and 2015, fracking used at least 23 billion pounds of toxic chemicals. Fracking uses of vast quantities of chemicals known to harm human health. People living or working nearby can be exposed to these chemicals if they enter drinking water after a spill or if they become airborne.
10 Years of Fracking: Its Impact on Our Water, Land and Climate - EcoWatch

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
GMOs... Nuclear Energy.... errrrr, ummmm, ahh

Hey Cliffy.... please tell us again how cannabis oil and tribal medicines can fight leukemia.

hypocrites
You haven't heard about the Indun spaceship? Yeah, we hollowed out a log and loaded 'er up with pemmican and dried berries, stuffed a bunch of sweetgrass in the back end, lit 'er off, and chanted our way to Mars!

Or as we call it, "Little Dry Red Turtle Island Where You Walk Funny But Can Jump Real High."

See you when you get there!