Go Woke, Go Broke..

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Unfortunately many of them refuse to differentiate between actual injustices and perceived injustices. Remember M-103? The rationale behind it was, over a certain 3 yr period reported hate crimes against muslims in Canada doubled. But looking at the exact same stats you can see that reported hate crimes against White Canadians had increased by 2.5X over the same time period. A little further digging into the demographics and we find BOTH increases were almost parallel with the increase of muslim immigration to Canada. We also know from US and various European sources that at least 20% of hate crimes against muslims are hoaxes, attempts at insurance fraud, sectarian squabbles and even simple accidents where no ill intent was meant.

Or how about the CGL pipeline protest where the supposedly "woke" protestors claimed they were protesting in solidarity with the Wet'suwet'en, even though 85% of that community was in full support of the project. I'm not sure the woketards understand the meaning of 'solidarity'.

There's also the ridiculous "woke" attitude that every time a cop kills a Black person, no matter if it's justified or not, it is ALWAYS because of racism. Yet White cops are responsible for fewer than half of the Black people killed by police. Example, Tony Timpa, a White man with autism, was killed by police in 2016 in the exact same manner as George Floyd. The cops even laughed at Tony as he died. The incident was passed off as "excited delirium". There was NO justice for Tony, no riots, no MSM or Democrats fanning the flames, nope, none of that. Fast forward 4 years later and George Floyd, a Black, violent career criminal is killed in the exact same manner as Tony Timpa, minus the laughter. George is hailed as a martyr while the ONLY reason he was killed, according to the woketards, was obviously racism. It's at the point some of the woketards demonstrate a CLEAR case of cognitive dissonance. Like when a police defunder gets threatening phone calls and demands the police protect her because she's getting threatening phone calls for voting to defund the police. Yeah, I bet the local cops busted their asses looking for the perpetrator(s).

Now I know you're gonna say, "But Jin, it's not just about getting killed, it's how often police stop Black people on the street or in traffic stops". Well yeah. Here's the thing, criminal profiling is NOT racial profiling. Yeah yeah some idiots abuse the profiling thing but the lefties hate it because criminal profiling is the best tool the cops have even after all these years. Look, when cops are looking for a Black suspect they aren't going to stop Whites or Asians to see if it's them. And considering Black people commit 55% of the homicides and 59% of all other violent crimes not involving a homicide in the US, I can't possibly imagine why Black people end up having so much unwanted interaction with the cops in the US.
And of course there's the insistence that because I'm a White person I'm inherently racist. You know what's racist? That sentiment. If I'm racist just because I'm White, then all muslims are terrorists, all Black people are criminals, and all Marxists and their ilk are subhuman scum. Oh wait, all Marxists and their ilk ARE subhuman scum.

As for not understanding the struggle I got news for you. Despite being badly busted up and almost killed in a plane crash some 14-15 years ago or so now, the Federal govt STILL refuses to acknowledge that I'm disabled. And that's on top of being the victim of a viciously fraudulent audit that I wasn't informed about until after 5 years. That 5 year date is important because you can't officially challenge the results of an audit 5 years after said audit. As a result I've been denied the right to vote in the last two federal elections and the last Ontario election. It also means I'm pretty much f*cked for OAS in 11 years when I hit 65.

So you'll have to pardon me if I don't give two flying shits or a rat's ass about someone else's perceived injustices in Canada. And the next asshole who says "White privilege" to me is going to be eating about 3 ft of mahogany cane.
You're painting with pretty wide brush strokes there. I don't deny that we are currently over-supplied with flavour-of-the-week protesters, it seems we are in an age where you put on your moral outrage right after your underwear in the morning. But it is not all coming from the left, and it what does come from the left doesn't come from everyone on the left. The whole "woke" descriptor is about as accurate as calling everyone on the right rascist. What might be accurate in describing a very few doesn't mean it's everyone.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You're painting with pretty wide brush strokes there. I don't deny that we are currently over-supplied with flavour-of-the-week protesters, it seems we are in an age where you put on your moral outrage right after your underwear in the morning. But it is not all coming from the left, and it what does come from the left doesn't come from everyone on the left. The whole "woke" descriptor is about as accurate as calling everyone on the right rascist. What might be accurate in describing a very few doesn't mean it's everyone.
Guilt by association. The fact that our left leaning politicians support and often join in illegal protests just expands the guilty base to everyone that voted for those politicians.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
No wide brush strokes dude, I'm talking specifically about the woketards. Residing on the left does not automatically equate to "woketardism". In fact there are a number of those on the left who are actively and openly against the whole woke, cancel culture movement.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
No wide brush strokes dude, I'm talking specifically about the woketards. Residing on the left does not automatically equate to "woketardism". In fact there are a number of those on the left who are actively and openly against the whole woke, cancel culture movement.

Good to clarify that. The whole "everyone on the left" and "everyone on the right" while pointing to the actions of a very few is a huge part of the divisiveness that is making such a mess of things right now. For a lot of people "woke" has become synonymous with liberals in general.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Good to clarify that. The whole "everyone on the left" and "everyone on the right" while pointing to the actions of a very few is a huge part of the divisiveness that is making such a mess of things right now. For a lot of people "woke" has become synonymous with liberals in general.
Nah, in fact I have no problem with the classic dyed in the wool liberal. I might not necessarily agree with them but they can at least discuss or debate their views intelligently and articulately.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Guilt by association. The fact that our left leaning politicians support and often join in illegal protests just expands the guilty base to everyone that voted for those politicians.
True, but not restricted to left leaning politicians. Politicians on the far right regularly make use of easily led supporters too. It's as if politics in general has become enough of a cesspool of lies and manipulation that the people we need in the game, people of intergrity and vision, are being driven away. We're left with the ones who are in it for the money.

Reactions: taxslave

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I'm thinking "What has that got to do with this discussion?"
Because that's what fascism is - control of the population in all aspects of their lives - what you can say & when, where you can go, where you live, what you can purchase at the stores - it may be (to you) nothing of the sort, but they're just beginning - the end result will be exactly what I've described here. Don't be naïve. Hopefully, before it becomes too critical, we can get rid of the bloody woke/leftist/Marxist idiots in parliament and the U.S. get rid of the RHINOS and Democrats in congress & the senate. If we don't fight back, both countries are done and I don't want to be around for the fall out. Venezuela anyone? That's the most recent country to fall. We could bloody well be next!!

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
And voters who are in it for the illusion they'll get money.
Exactly! So when you don't have a productive population to pay said tax, where does the money come from? Companies will simply pack up and move (as they did prior to Trump) - he at least brought some back but they'll likely leave again. So, companies leave, people lose their jobs thus no corporate tax, no personal tax paid so where will the future funds come from? Out of Biden's ass? Pardon me for being crude, but it's a legitimate question. However, in the near future, that same question won't be allowed as I'm sure it (and me) will be considered racist.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Exactly! So when you don't have a productive population to pay said tax, where does the money come from? Companies will simply pack up and move (as they did prior to Trump) - he at least brought some back but they'll likely leave again. So, companies leave, people lose their jobs thus no corporate tax, no personal tax paid so where will the future funds come from? Out of Biden's ass? Pardon me for being crude, but it's a legitimate question. However, in the near future, that same question won't be allowed as I'm sure it (and me) will be considered racist.
The money will come from the govt. Duh.

LMFAO

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
There's a balance point in there somewhere. An under-regulated corporate sector has given us a vanishing middle class and poison rivers. Handing the keys to the hen-house to the foxes is a stupid bet at the best of times.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
As societies evolve so do definitions. Hopefully, the Oxford Dictionary in its next edition will include for "woke", arrogant, delusional, and lacking in self-awareness.
I don't know about that, re-writing the english language to suit your own agenda doesn't sound particularly progressive. The dictionary definition of 'woke' was just fine until somebody perverted it to mean something else.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Too bad about those darned adam's apples innit?
;)
Kinda dictates the ol' fashion trends for them that have one but self identify with not having one...then there are them that wishes they had one...and NEVER will.

Oh, the sadness of NEVER .
:)
Speaking of NEVER, funny too, how you could self identify with being "white"...But not "Rich" ...like George Soros the lily white funder of BLM and retirement aged trannies in kindergarten.

Got Milk?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
There's a balance point in there somewhere. An under-regulated corporate sector has given us a vanishing middle class and poison rivers. Handing the keys to the hen-house to the foxes is a stupid bet at the best of times.
And what exactly did it do for Venezuela? It had the highest GDP and the largest, easiest access, Oil reserve in the world

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
True, but not restricted to left leaning politicians. Politicians on the far right regularly make use of easily led supporters too. It's as if politics in general has become enough of a cesspool of lies and manipulation that the people we need in the game, people of intergrity and vision, are being driven away. We're left with the ones who are in it for the money.
Which politicians due you consider far right ? Are there as many as some would call far left ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The money will come from the govt. Duh.

LMFAO
Where is this vanishing middle class you keep referring to ? Don’t you see the hundreds of thousands of dollars surrounding you every day on the morning commute ?