Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have just about finished reading "Don't Even Think About It" by George Marshall, an intensive examination of Climate Change. Whether a person agrees with it or not there is a hell of a lot that can not be ignored. A myriad of scientists in virtually every country in the world are putting out the same basic message. Human life on this planet will be virtually extinct by 2100, unless we start NOW to drastically change our ways. While I am not totally convinced that this is completely accurate, I can't see the harm in assuming for now that it is. The worst case scenario in my estimation is at the very least by following the advice is that the environment on the planet woud be greatly improved as would the ambience. In the next little while I am going to be checking out the likes of John Atcheson, Ernest Becker, Christopher Booker, Richard Branson, Stanley Cohen, Michael Crichton, James Delingpole, Myron Ebell, Barbara Ehrenreich and a host of others. This is a serious subject where logic vs. emotions has to be carefully examined. It has to be realized of course, that not everyone on the planet is capable of making drastic changes, but virtually everyone can contribute to cleaning up garbage for starters. Stay tuned while I study this situation further.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I have just about finished reading "Don't Even Think About It" by George Marshall, an intensive examination of Climate Change. Whether a person agrees with it or not there is a hell of a lot that can not be ignored. A myriad of scientists in virtually every country in the world are putting out the same basic message. Human life on this planet will be virtually extinct by 2100, unless we start NOW to drastically change our ways. While I am not totally convinced that this is completely accurate, I can't see the harm in assuming for now that it is. The worst case scenario in my estimation is at the very least by following the advice is that the environment on the planet woud be greatly improved as would the ambience. In the next little while I am going to be checking out the likes of John Atcheson, Ernest Becker, Christopher Booker, Richard Branson, Stanley Cohen, Michael Crichton, James Delingpole, Myron Ebell, Barbara Ehrenreich and a host of others. This is a serious subject where logic vs. emotions has to be carefully examined. It has to be realized of course, that not everyone on the planet is capable of making drastic changes, but virtually everyone can contribute to cleaning up garbage for starters. Stay tuned while I study this situation further.
Garbage has nothing to do with climate.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Garbage has nothing to do with climate.

"Nothing" like "Never" is one of those words that can come back and bite you in the ass! Perhaps with evidence of less garbage people might be in a better frame of mind to make further efforts to improve the planet. :)

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
"Nothing" like "Never" is one of those words that can come back and bite you in the ass! Perhaps with evidence of less garbage people might be in a better frame of mind to make further efforts to improve the planet. :)
We have much less garbage floating around now than we did in the 60's. The air is cleaner, the water is cleaner, and the Earth is greener than it was in the 60's.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We have much less garbage floating around now than we did in the 60's. The air is cleaner, the water is cleaner, and the Earth is greener than it was in the 60's.

Geez, you can be an ornery cuss, Walter. Lighten up. Garbage since the 60s has increased 10 fold. When I was a kid, garbage was a luxury we couldn't afford!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Geez, you can be an ornery cuss, Walter. Lighten up. Garbage since the 60s has increased 10 fold. When I was a kid, garbage was a luxury we couldn't afford!
Which rivers are burning now?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If a weak mind like Cliff's fell for the scam maybe you should rethink what you read.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
SNOWFALL will become “A very rare and exciting event…
Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”
Dr David Viner – Senior scientist, climatic research unit (CRU)

“Winters with strong frosts and lots of snow
like we had 20 years ago will no longer exist at our latitudes.”
– Professor Mojib Latif (2000)

“Good bye winter. Never again snow?” – Spiegel (2000)

“Milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms” – IPCC (2001)

“End of Snow?” – NYTimes (2014)

U.N. IPCC :
IN 2001, the UN IPCC predicted diminished snowfalls as human CO2 increased, claiming that “milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms” due to the activities of mankindpersonkind…

c2a0ipcc-e28093-intergovernmental-panel-on-climate-changec2a0climatism
IPCC – Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

THEY also forecast “warmer winters and fewer cold spells, because of climate change…”

warmer-winters-ipcc
warmer-winters-ipcc

CSIRO :
A 2003 CSIRO report, part-funded by the ski industry, found that resorts could lose up to 40% of their snow by 2020 …

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 8.06.09 am
CSIRO Research Publications Repository – Climate change impacts on snow in Victoria

By 2020, the average annual duration of snow-cover decreases by between five and 48 days; maximum snow depths are reduced and tend to occur earlier in the year; and the total area covered in snow shrinks by 10-40%

CSIRO Research Publications Repository – Climate change impacts on snow in Victoria

THE SCIENCE OF SNOWFALL WAS ‘SETTLED’ BY THE ‘97% CONSENSUS’
2000 : Prediction from Professor Mojib Latif of Germany’s GEOMAR Heimholtz Centre for Ocean Research…

“Winters with strong frosts and lots of snow like we had 20 years ago will no longer exist at our latitudes.” – Professor Mojib Latif

2000 : Spiegel…

“Good bye winter. Never again snow?”

2004 : Mark Lynas told us…

“Snow has become so rare that when it does fall – often just for a few hours – everything grinds to a halt. In early 2003 a ‘mighty’ five-centimetre snowfall in southeast England caused such severe traffic jams that many motorists had to stay in their cars overnight. Today’s kids are missing out . . . Many of these changes are already underway, but have been accelerating over the last two decades. Termites have already moved into southern England. Garden centres are beginning to stock exotic sub-tropical species, which only a few years ago would have been killed off by winter…” – Mark Lynas

2005 : Christopher Krull, Black Forest Tourism Association / Spiegel…

Planning for a snowless future: “Our study is already showing that that there will be a much worse situation in 20 years.”

2005 : George Monbiot on climate change and snow…

Winter is no longer the great grey longing of my childhood. The freezes this country suffered in 1982 and 1963 are – unless the Gulf Stream stops – unlikely to recur. Our summers will be long and warm. Across most of the upper northern hemisphere, climate change, so far, has been kind to us…

2006 : Daniela Jacob of Max Planck Institute for Meterology, Hamburg…

“Yesterday’s snow… Because temperatures in the Alps are rising quickly, there will be more precipitation in many places. But because it will rain more often than it snows, this will be bad news for tourists. For many ski lifts this means the end of business.”

Less Snow and Drier Summers in German Forecast | Germany| News and in-depth reporting from Berlin and beyond | DW | 30.04.2006

2006 : The Independent‘s somber editorial admonished us that the lack of snow was evidence of a “dangerous seasonal disorder”…

The countryside is looking rather peculiar this winter. It seems we have a number of unexpected guests for Christmas. Dragonflies, bumblebees and red admiral butterflies, which would normally be killed off by the frost, can still be seen in some parts of the country . . . Some might be tempted to welcome this late blossoming of the natural world as a delightful diversion from the bleakness of this time of year. But these fluctuations should be cause for concern because it is overwhelmingly likely that they are a consequence of global warming . . . all this is also evidence that global warming is occurring at a faster rate than many imagined…

2007 : BBC “One Planet Special”…

“It Seems the Winters of Our Youth are Unlikely to Return” presenter Richard Hollingham … speaks to climate scientists to get their views. Their conclusion? In the words of the BBC, they all give “predictions of warmer winters, for UK & the Northern Hemisphere”.

2007 : Schleswig Holstein NABU…

“Ice, snow, and frost will disappear, i.e. milder winters” … “Unusually warm winters without snow and ice are now being viewed by many as signs of climate change.”

2007 : Western Mail (Wales Online) … article, entititled “Snowless Winters Forecast for Wales as World Warms Up” quotes one of the global warming movement’s key figures, Sir John Houghton, former head of the IPCC and former head of the UK Met Office…

Former head of the Met Office Sir John Houghton, who is one of the UK’s leading authorities on climate change, said all the indicators suggest snowy winters will become increasingly rare He said, “Snowlines are going up in altitude all over the world. The idea that we will get less snow is absolutely in line with what we expect from global warming.”

2007 : Die Zeit…

“First the snow disappears, and then winter.”

2008 : Another prediction…

A study of snowfall spanning 60 years has indicated that the Alps’s entire winter sports industry could grind to a halt through lack of snow. It found a dramatic “step-like” drop in snowfall at the end of the 1980s which has never recovered, New Scientist magazine reported…. In some years the amount that fell was 60 per cent lower than was typical in the early 1980s, said Christoph Marty, from the Swiss Federal Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research in Davos, who analysed the records. “I don’t believe we will see the kind of snow conditions we have experienced in past decades,” he said.

2012 :

D7kouqUU0Ao0daM.jpg
Enjoy snow now . . . by 2020, it’ll be gone | The Australian

2012 :

Griffith associate professor Catherine Pickering says snow is rapidly disappearing because of global warming and by 2020 Australia may not have any left.

“We’ve predicted by 2020 to lose something like 60 per cent of the snow cover of the Australian Alps,” Professor Pickering, from the Griffith School of Environment, said.

“Unfortunately because our current emissions and our current rises in temperatures are at the high end of the predictions, it’s definitely coming to us sooner and faster.”

2019 :

A low-pressure system will bring snow during Friday through Saturday, mostly above 1400m, but possibly reaching 1200m, followed by another cold surge and more snow during Sunday into Monday. All up we can expect 20-40cm across all resorts…

This season has already passed expectations… The latest reading from Spencer’s Creek a week ago was up at 228.8cm, which puts us well above average. But looking lower down at Deep Creek (1620m) and Three Mile Dam (1460m), snow depths are fairly average.

2014 : the global warming theory-obsessed New York Times touted “The End of Snow?”…

“The truth is, it is too late for all of that. Greening the ski industry is commendable, but it isn’t nearly enough. Nothing besides a national policy shift on how we create and consume energy will keep our mountains white in the winter — and slow global warming to a safe level.

This is no longer a scientific debate. It is scientific fact. The greatest fear of most climate scientists is continued complacency that leads to a series of natural climatic feedbacks…”

(Climatism bolds)

The End of Snow? – The New York Times

2017 : The Age’s resident global warming catastrophist Peter Hannam signalled the end of snow…

Snowy retreat: Climate change puts Australia's ski industry on a downhill slope
Snowy retreat: Climate change puts Australia’s ski industry on a downhill slope | The AGE

Australia’s ski resorts face the prospect of a long downhill run as a warming climate reduces snow depth, cover and duration. The industry’s ability to create artificial snow will also be challenged, scientists say.

Snowy retreat: Climate change puts Australia’s ski industry on a downhill slope | The AGE

THE SNOW THEY TOLD YOU WOULD “DISAPPEAR” KEEPS ON FALLING
CONTRARY to dire ‘expert’ prognostications and climate models to the contrary, global snowfall continues to fall in abundance, aided by ‘record-breaking cold temperatures’…

UNITED STATES

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
It’s just the opposite. The more educated you are, the more you realize how little you know. That explains why Trumpites are know-it-alls
It also explains why YOU are wrong so often.
;)
When they say "little head" in your case, they are talking about the size of your education.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Australia’s ski resorts face the prospect of a long downhill run as a warming climate reduces snow depth, cover and duration. The industry’s ability to create artificial snow will also be challenged, scientists say.

Australia ski season 2019: Best opening weekend since 2002 for snow

Snow lovers enjoyed the best conditions since 2002 for the ski season's official opening over the weekend, with May's late cold snap spreading up to a metre of fresh snow over the Australian Alps.

A series of blizzards helped ensure that all of Australia's mainland resorts were showing healthy snow cover.

Indeed, it was healthy enough for Perisher and Selwyn Snowfields in NSW and Mount Buller in Victoria to get their lifts running a week early.
https://www.traveller.com.au/austra...st-opening-weekend-since-2002-for-snow-h1f8vw

LOL, Canyuckie the glovball warmist.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
GREENLAND’S SMB GAINED 14 GIGATONS OVER THE PAST 2 DAYS ALONE, PUSHING THIS SEASON ABOVE THE 1981-2010 AVERAGE
DECEMBER 3, 2019 CAP ALLON
Despite decades of doom-and-gloom prophecies, Greenland’s Ice Sheet is currently GAINING monster amounts of snow — 14 gigatons over the past 2 days alone (Dec 01 – Dec 02).

Crucial to the survival of a glacier is its surface mass balance (SMB) — the difference between accumulation and ablation (sublimation and melting). Changes in mass balance control a glacier’s long-term behavior, and are its most sensitive climate indicators (wikipedia.org).

On December 01, 2019 Greenland’s SMB gained 8 gigatons.

While on Dec 02, the ice sheet amassed another 6 gigatons.

According to climate alarmists, this simply shouldn’t be happening in a warming world