Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
the melting Greenland ice-sheet: just released study using satellite and aerial data from NASA's ICESat spacecraft and Operation IceBridge field campaign to reconstruct how the height of the Greenland Ice Sheet changed at nearly 100,000 locations from 1993 to 2012. The study found that the Greenland Ice Sheet lost about 243 gigatons of ice annually—equivalent to about 277 cubic kilometers of ice per year—from 2003-09.
- the study combined data from various NASA missions, including:
- NASA's Ice, Cloud and Land Elevation Satellite (ICESat), which measured the ice sheet's elevation multiple times a year at each of the nearly 100,000 locations from 2003-09.

- NASA's, massive aerial survey that employs highly specialized research aircrafts to collect data at less frequent intervals than ICESat. These missions began measuring the Greenland Ice Sheet's elevation in 1993. Operation IceBridge was started in 2009 to bridge the time between ICESat-1 and ICESat-2, and will continue until at least 2017, when NASA's next generation ICESat-2 satellite is expected to come online

NASA | Measuring Elevation Changes on the Greenland Ice Sheet

this animation (from March 2014) portrays the changes occurring in the surface elevation of the Greenland Ice Sheet since 2003 in three drainage areas: the southeast, the northeast and the Jakobshavn regions. In each region, the time advances to show the accumulated change in elevation, 2003-2012. Credit: NASA SVS NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center​

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Code:
Yes, heat. Did you actually read what came before?

I don't remember, I will though, as time permits.

I'm sure you've seen the Petros hokey pokey. He asks a question or changes the topic and expects an answer, but doesn't reciprocate. Gives people nicknames like Fagro and the like, but you call him out on it or reciprocate in kind and you're being a condescending prick. Pete the concern troll. :lol:

You should try to be nice and cooperate

I'm fine with that. This is the internet.

Yes I agree all my research points in that direction as well.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Well f-ckface the thermosphere isn't the only place you'll find Joule heating and particle precitation or oxygen recombination.

Right...you said mesosphere too. Well guess what duckface, it's still above the stratosphere. The stratosphere is cooling.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Sound Of Settled Science

WUWT;
Mike Wallace is a hydrologist with nearly 30 years' experience, who is now working on his Ph.D. in nanogeosciences at the University of New Mexico. In the course of his studies, he uncovered a startling data omission that he told me: "eclipses even the so-called climategate event." Feely's work is based on computer models that don't line up with real-world data -- which Feely acknowledged in email communications with Wallace (which I have read). And, as Wallace determined, there is real world data. Feely, and his coauthor Dr. Christopher L. Sabine, PMEL Director, omitted 80 years of data, which incorporate more than 2 million records of ocean pH levels.

Feely's chart, first mentioned, begins in 1988 -- which is surprising as instrumental ocean pH data has been measured for more than 100 years since the invention of the glass electrode pH (GEPH) meter. As a hydrologist, Wallace was aware of GEPH's history and found it odd that the Feely/Sabine work omitted it. He went to the source. The NOAA paper with the chart beginning in 1850 lists Dave Bard, with Pew Charitable Trust, as the contact.

Wallace sent Bard an email: "I'm looking in fact for the source references for the red curve in their plot which was labeled 'Historical & Projected pH & Dissolved Co2.' This plot is at the top of the second page. It covers the period of my interest." Bard responded and suggested that Wallace communicate with Feely and Sabine--which he did over a period of several months. Wallace asked again for the "time series data (NOT MODELING) of ocean pH for 20th century." Sabine responded by saying that it was inappropriate for Wallace to question their "motives or quality of our science," adding that if he continued in this manner, "you will not last long in your career."
Emphasis mine. I'll leave it to you to guess how it ends. (h/t TimR)

The Sound Of Settled Science - Small Dead Animals

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
the melting Greenland ice-sheet: just released study using satellite and aerial data from NASA's ICESat spacecraft and Operation IceBridge field campaign to reconstruct how the height of the Greenland Ice Sheet changed at nearly 100,000 locations from 1993 to 2012. The study found that the Greenland Ice Sheet lost about 243 gigatons of ice annually—equivalent to about 277 cubic kilometers of ice per year—from 2003-09.
- the study combined data from various NASA missions, including:
- NASA's Ice, Cloud and Land Elevation Satellite (ICESat), which measured the ice sheet's elevation multiple times a year at each of the nearly 100,000 locations from 2003-09.

- NASA's, massive aerial survey that employs highly specialized research aircrafts to collect data at less frequent intervals than ICESat. These missions began measuring the Greenland Ice Sheet's elevation in 1993. Operation IceBridge was started in 2009 to bridge the time between ICESat-1 and ICESat-2, and will continue until at least 2017, when NASA's next generation ICESat-2 satellite is expected to come online

NASA | Measuring Elevation Changes on the Greenland Ice Sheet

this animation (from March 2014) portrays the changes occurring in the surface elevation of the Greenland Ice Sheet since 2003 in three drainage areas: the southeast, the northeast and the Jakobshavn regions. In each region, the time advances to show the accumulated change in elevation, 2003-2012. Credit: NASA SVS NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center​

So when the temperature finally gets back to normal Greenland will be just that and can grow grapes again.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Warmists do U-ey on 2C temp goal, now 'arbitrary,' not scientific.

now your Locutus CPR's are repeats... you posted this earlier in another thread! :mrgreen:

So when the temperature finally gets back to normal Greenland will be just that and can grow grapes again.

back to normal? How are you qualifying normal? Being able to grow grapes in Southern Greenland... that would be "YOUR NORMAL"? What about all that massive Greenland ice-sheet that still has to melt in order for you to relish those grapes? How much warmer must it get... and how much sea-level rise are you accepting to be able to relish those grapes of yours... assuming your grape fields don't get flooded out, hey? 8O

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Sabine responded by saying that it was inappropriate for Wallace to question their "motives or quality of our science," adding that if he continued in this manner, "you will not last long in your career."
Emphasis mine. I'll leave it to you to guess how it ends. (h/t TimR)

That about sais it all for AGW science culture.. accept our pseudo science, regardless of its obvious deceptive and contrived outcomes.. or get blacklisted from every accredited educational institute and from every mainstream media outlet in the world. It's a form of Climate McArthyism.

Check out Blackleaf's article on Nigel Lawson exclusion from the BBC. Or this on a Carleton professor put under attack by coordinated attacks by the AGW cult.

Climate change skeptic's university course criticized - Technology & Science - CBC News

Last edited:

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
People should learn to adapt to global warming.

adapting is certainly a part of it... as is prevention and mitigation. If you choose to simply adapt (to "something") there is a likelihood that if left unattended, Business As Usual emissions growth will require adaptation upon adaptation upon...