Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
There's nothing wrong with researching and developing alternative energy technologies, but it's way to immature to be planning our dependence on it. Case in point, the Tilsonburg Siemens Plant closing:

“These plants were only set up because of subsidies and the large (government)-procurement programs. There was an artificial demand,” he said. “Without those procurement deals, there’s no reason to be building these turbines here.”

Siemens shutdown: green energy, dark future | The London Free Press

We have to build these plants to know if they will be efficient.

Their research is all bullshit? Do I win, do I win? :)

You win!

Plant closure underscores Liberal energy blunders
The 340 lost jobs at the Siemens Canada wind turbine plant in Tillsonburg announced Tuesday are the tip of the iceberg.
Plant closure underscores Liberal energy blunders | GOLDSTEIN | Ontario | News |

You liebarrels are called liebarrels for a reason.
Guess what it is.

When our former Massachusetts liberal Democrat Governor lost millions of taxpayer money to a failed solar company his response was...

"It was a good investment... if I had the chance to do it again I would."

That's what we're dealing with.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Anybody got any duct 'ape?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
There's nothing wrong with researching and developing alternative energy technologies, but it's way to immature to be planning our dependence on it. Case in point, the Tilsonburg Siemens Plant closing:

“These plants were only set up because of subsidies and the large (government)-procurement programs. There was an artificial demand,” he said. “Without those procurement deals, there’s no reason to be building these turbines here.”

Siemens shutdown: green energy, dark future | The London Free Press

I know about the shutdown. But as I've said I'll withdraw my support for green tech when oil companies stop getting subsidies. As for Siemends, so what? It certainly does not means that research and development in green tech has been halted worldwide. I expect Siemens is simply shifting its production elsewhere. Here is a link to the Siemens' website

https://www.siemens.com/global/en/home/markets/wind.html

It does not appear to me that the company is abandoning windpower.

"Green tech" what a dodge!
Well you can't handle the truth!
wannnnnnnhhhh!
Your mummy wants you home by supper child!

NATIONAL POST
‘Bang, everything was locked down’: Hundreds of jobs lost as Siemens closes turbine plant in Tillsonburg
http://business.financialpost.com/c...-ont/wcm/078e030b-cac9-4fda-b8d3-c3ae50840e14

Plant closure underscores Liberal energy blunders
The 340 lost jobs at the Siemens Canada wind turbine plant in Tillsonburg announced Tuesday are the tip of the iceberg.
Plant closure underscores Liberal energy blunders | GOLDSTEIN | Ontario | News |

You liebarrels are called liebarrels for a reason.
Guess what it is.

Yawn.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I really should have brought a jacket. The middle of the summer and I had the heat on in my car for a couple of days now.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Here, in Nashville TN, it's as warm and humid as it always is at the end of July. Visiting with friends here in Music City.

I really should have brought a jacket. The middle of the summer and I had the heat on in my car for a couple of days now.
Stoopid climate.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Once you're inside an invisible cultural prison for so long, you become institutionalized. It becomes normalized to the degree that the inmate will feel elevated levels of fear, stress and anxiety at the proposition of true freedom. You won't even have to be enslaved by anything external. Your slavery will be self-imposed. Once you buy into the cultural prison as to perceive it as exclusively the only reality tunnel in existence, it owns you. You become dependent on the prison to maintain psychological stability.

Welcome to the Matrix.

[youtube]4cpfSPPwUHo[/youtube]

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

That's odd for two reasons. One, the article makes no mention of how alternative energy drives costs up and, two why is Australia unique in having an increase in energy prices when every other country that has brought in green energy has experienced a decline in electricity costs? Could it be due to the fact that the energy sector was deregulated at about the same time that the Aussies decided to go green? Apparently being allowed to charge whatever you want for electricity results in cost increases.

Nice of you to use an highly conservative news site for your source, Walter. How long did it take you to find it?