Dope

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's nuts man. I've gotten some amazing bud from the Kootenays over the years. It would be a disaster if we lose those legacy craft growers. Only the govt can take an all but guaranteed money maker and turn it into shit.

The article hit the nail on the head too. The big corporate players rushed their low quality, low potency shit to market and nobody wanted it. So they dropped their prices so they wouldn't be stuck sitting on all of it. And the initial prices were fucking nuts. I remember looking at some product from Tokyo Smoke, the first and only store that was open in my city shortly after legalization. They were selling 3.5g pouches of some shit for $100. That's $800 an oz!
Things haven't improved a whole lot. The other day, just for shits and giggles, I decided to see what the pricing is like at the pot shops now. Saw some shit that was selling at $66 for 3.5g or north of $500/oz. Nnnnnope.
My local shop puts dated or dustrubutor overstock on special. Lately its been 1gr joints for $5 and two 1 gr joints for $6.60. There is usually a quarter for $25 or 8th for $15 in each category as well. Last week I bought 4 8ths for $40. Ozs start at $55 and up.

All are taxes in.

Screenshot_20230216_112235_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My local shop puts dated or dustrubutor overstock on special. Lately its been 1gr joints for $5 and two 1 gr joints for $6.60. There is usually a quarter for $25 or 8th for $15 in each category as well. Last week I bought 4 8ths for $40. Ozs start at $55 and up.

All are taxes in.

View attachment 17372
PS ask your doc for an Rx and weed becomes a medical expense as do lighters, rolling papers, pipes, screens, Doritos etc etc

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

All are taxes in.

View attachment 17372
Here's the thing. For me, at 19.6%THC I'm wasting my money even at $4.50/g. Quite frankly the supplier's name "Good Supply" is a joke as well. Their weed and their vapes are crap. Honestly, I wouldn't take that pre-roll if you gave it to me for free.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Here's the thing. For me, at 19.6%THC I'm wasting my money even at $4.50/g. Quite frankly the supplier's name "Good Supply" is a joke as well. Their weed and their vapes are crap. Honestly, I wouldn't take that pre-roll if you gave it to me for free.
It sounds like you have a good local supply , best to keep it . Mind you in local pot shops THC content is in the 25% range.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You're wasting your money going by THC percentages.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
You're wasting your money going by THC percentages.
I don't just go by THC percentages. But here's what I do know, Good Supply's products are garbage. Based on my own previous experiences with GS I'm betting that pre-roll you posted is drier than a popcorn fart. And while it doesn't have an expiry date per se, after sitting for one year in storage it will have lost about 16% of it's potency due to cannabinoid and terpene degradation. After three years it'll lose about 34% of its potency.
One of the first legal ozs I bought was from Good Supply and it was absolute shite. Packaged 18 months previous, what I got was shit that was so fucking dried out it turned to dust when you tried to break it up. No Boveda pack was going to save it either. It didn't smell like anything, it tasted kind'a shitty and was a bit on the harsh side. The only reason I knew I had smoked a joint was the cotton mouth it left behind.

HEXO, same thing. Bought a fat oz (30g) of their Tsunami. It too was dried out shit that had fuck for potency, smell or taste.
The very first bit of legal weed I bought was an eighth. What bullshit that was. What I got was a nice chunk of stalk with a few tiny, dried out budlings on it that turned to dust the moment I went to break it up. It was shit too. And I'm betting that stalk was at least a gram of the total weight.

Meanwhile I recently scored an oz of Super Nuken for $120. It's 32.6% THC with a terpene content of 4.6% and it smells and tastes amazing. It's so fresh (but properly dried and cured) that I have to slap the buds when I take them out of the bag. And it gets me where I wanna be. It's also $6 cheaper than if you bought 28 (1 oz) of those pre-rolls you posted.
You smoke that 1g pre-roll of Starwalker Kush and then smoke one of my 1/3-1/2g joints of Super Nuken and I guarantee you'll notice a HUGE difference; better smell, better taste and a higher high that still leaves you functional.

The big corporate growers by and large grow shitty weed to begin with. Then it sits around for a year or more losing potency to natural processes. And then people think they're getting a great deal by only having to pay $4.50/g for it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's not about getting high for me. I don't care if it stinks or doesn't. I don't care how hard the "nugs" or how high I get. All I care about is taking away neuropathy.

Question for ya. Can you buy a $5 1 gr joint in ON?

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It's not about getting high for me. I don't care if it stinks or doesn't. I don't care how hard the "nugs" or how high I get. All I care about is taking away neuropathy.

Question for ya. Can you buy a $5 1 gr joint in ON?
If you buy more than one you can get for less than $4/g. But there's the difference between you and I. You're simply looking for relief. I'm looking for relief and something I can also enjoy recreationally.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If you buy more than one you can get for less than $4/g. But there's the difference between you and I. You're simply looking for relief. I'm looking for relief and something I can also enjoy recreationally.
If I want to get high I'll spend $10 and get something else. If I want a big bag I'll get mail order for $40-$70 an oz.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It sounds like you have a good local supply , best to keep it . Mind you in local pot shops THC content is in the 25% range.
I do grow my own when it gets warm enough outside. But with 3 smokers in the house the last harvest of the year doesn't last very long. 🤪 Except for what I call my "leg weed". I don't share that with anyone, not even my wife unless she's in desperate need of immediate pain relief.
I have an Rx but the med supply was just as shitty and yet higher priced than the rec shit.
Recently the rec shops around here have been getting 30%+THC strains but the prices are fucking nuts. It's pretty bomb stuff but not for $80-$100/7g.

I did get hooked up with a new (to me) medical supplier earlier this month and they have one strain so far that's pretty goddam good; Zookies. I gotta admit I'm impressed. It's a bit more than I'd like to pay per gram but the trade off is I'm smoking less than a gram a day now instead of at least a gram a day.

Reactions: Taxslave2