Dope

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Probably told this story before.

I smoked hash with my brother one night years ago. We're a few joints in and it goes like this...

Me: "Hey Bro. You no why I don't like smoking up very much? Because every time I do I just tell bad joke after bad joke and I end up being a giant pain in the ass to everyone around me."

Brother: "So in other words, it has no effect on you at all."

:LOL:

Oh, man! Stoned, we both hit the floor laughing uncontrollably!

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Wow, it looks like high test, low cost weed finally made it to the medical market. Bought some Pink Gas, 3.5g for $20 from my LP last week at a "paltry" 24.6% THC. and it lights me up pretty good. Doesn't do shit for me medicinally but it's a fun rec strain.
Compared to the rest of the shit I wasted money on in both the med and rec markets with around the same THC level...well there is no comparison.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Wow, it looks like high test, low cost weed finally made it to the medical market. Bought some Pink Gas, 3.5g for $20 from my LP last week at a "paltry" 24.6% THC. and it lights me up pretty good. Doesn't do shit for me medicinally but it's a fun rec strain.
Compared to the rest of the shit I wasted money on in both the med and rec markets with around the same THC level...well there is no comparison.
Anything from the pink lineage is good. Charles lucked out on developing that strain. I crossed pink and purple and few years back. I called it bruise. Spectacular.

With cartridges at $14.95 and live resin for $20 I'm a happy camper until harvest rolls around.

Black market cant beat the prices and cut me a receipt so I can get my med costs all back from CRA.

Reactions: Jinentonix

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Anything from the pink lineage is good.
Mmmmm depends on the grower. Pure Sunfarms Pink Kush is, or at least was pure garbage.
Charles lucked out on developing that strain. I crossed pink and purple and few years back. I called it bruise. Spectacular.
A buddy of mine crossed a pink with a blue and called it Pink Panther. It's heavy duty creeper weed too.
With cartridges at $14.95 and live resin for $20 I'm a happy camper until harvest rolls around.
Yeah, that shit is still about twice the price in Ontario but I'm not a big fan of carts. I find them to be rather chokey. Don't matter what temp I vape at.
Black market cant beat the prices and cut me a receipt so I can get my med costs all back from CRA.
That was the problem in Ontario. The black/grey market couldn't beat the prices but the legal stuff couldn't touch the black/grey market's quality and potency.
Now the legal stuff is getting quite good. A new rec shop opened up recently just up the road from me and they have some nice Kush Mints at 30% THC for $4.20/g. Gonna grab me some o' that this weekend.
On the other hand, when I buy from the rec shops I can only get 30g at a time. But my Rx lets me purchase up to 150g at a time from my LP.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Mmmmm depends on the grower. Pure Sunfarms Pink Kush is, or at least was pure garbage.

A buddy of mine crossed a pink with a blue and called it Pink Panther. It's heavy duty creeper weed too.

Yeah, that shit is still about twice the price in Ontario but I'm not a big fan of carts. I find them to be rather chokey. Don't matter what temp I vape at.

That was the problem in Ontario. The black/grey market couldn't beat the prices but the legal stuff couldn't touch the black/grey market's quality and potency
Now the legal stuff is getting quite good. A new rec shop opened up recently just up the road from me and they have some nice Kush Mints at 30% THC for $4.20/g. Gonna grab me some o' that this weekend.
On the other hand, when I buy from the rec shops I can only get 30g at a time. But my Rx lets me purchase up to 150g at a time from my LP.
Pure Sun Farms is outdoor grown with a one dose of fertilizer. Its bargain weed. It still works for neuropathy for me but lacks everything else and Im not into smoking bird shit and dust. If a bird shits on mine Ill take the hose to the plant until it sparkles.

If its Tweed Kush Mints get something else. Grape Galena from T8C is the best Govt weed that Ive tried. Even a popcorn bud pre-roll takes 20 minute to smoke from all the sticky gooey goodness and terps.

Its honey oil. If you dont bark you arent taking a real hit. Its heavy but I like the efficiency and almost anywhere anytime usability. The live resin has a bite too but boy o boy very very tasty.

Lucid might do mail order, quite a few shops do.

If you have an Rx save your receipts, Its a refundable tax credit. I got $3600 back this year from my weed deduction.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
You still don't get what I mean. THC bingo means having to guess what the THC level is of what you're actually buying by the price of it. For example, strain X shows up at the legal shops with a THC range from 23%-29%. Price is $9/g. Some weeks later a new batch of strain X shows up from the same grower, grown under the same conditions with a THC range of 23% to 29% . Price is $10.49/g. Then the next batch is $9.60/g, same THC range. Yet each bag I buy from each batch will have a specific THC level. I want to know precisely what I'm buying before I pay for it. Because believe me, there's a very noticeable difference between 23% and 29%.

And further to that, a lot of the medical LPs are listing their dried flower at specific THC/CBD levels on their menus. That's because they are taking the highest THC bud and packaging them up while using the lower THC bud to process them for edibles and vapes and such. Mind you, there's very little dried flower I've run across in the medical supply that I'd call high level THC. Did grab some 'Zookies' from Emblem though. 33.5%THC and I'll tell you how good it is. That shit lights me up like a fucking Christmas tree after 2 one-hitters. And any pain that isn't the result of nerve damage becomes a distant memory.

Can't wait til growing season again though. Need to get some K.O. Pink in the ground. Down to my last 7-8g. 😬
The main thing is you can use a credit card to buy it so the banks are happy now. With yesterdays news that more Canadians are only making minimum monthly credit card payments, that is pushing 20% returns. Same with controlling the stock market to make sure we don't get rich and pay off our mortgages. Saddest thing is the Banks are Canadian in name only and owned mainly by foreign interests.

As for the weed, good luck. 62 pages of products listed on the O.C.S. website and not one that will get you high. Expensive though. Time for Bob the gardener to figure it out.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The main thing is you can use a credit card to buy it so the banks are happy now. With yesterdays news that more Canadians are only making minimum monthly credit card payments, that is pushing 20% returns. Same with controlling the stock market to make sure we don't get rich and pay off our mortgages. Saddest thing is the Banks are Canadian in name only and owned mainly by foreign interests.

As for the weed, good luck. 62 pages of products listed on the O.C.S. website and not one that will get you high. Expensive though. Time for Bob the gardener to figure it out.
Yeah, I'm done with the corporate weed. Even the "good" stuff is meh, unless I wanna pay north of $40/3.5g, and I don't. The whole legal industry is a race to the bottom. Hell, all the negative talk about black market weed from the govt makes me laugh. The vast majority of my dealers grew their own and actually had some pride in their craft. They also had more ethics. I mean even when there is a grower producing decent shit, they get bought up and then the acquirer ends up turning it into garbage. JWC was one. They did grow some decent weed. They're now known as Wagner's. Wagner's let the head grower of JWC go because they thought they had it all figured out. They were abysmally wrong. They grow fucking garbage. Pedro's was another one. Pedro's Sweet Sativa was actually pretty fucking good. Not the best I've ever smoked but it was good weed for a good price. Pedro, the grower, has been replaced since then and Pedro's Sweet Sativa is a major disappointment now.

Add in all the inflated THC and terp levels, bug infestations, short weights, larfy, stemmy boof, a serious lack of consistency other than consistently bad, and worst of all, rushes to meet their commitments to OCS. Why is that last one the worst problem? It's the root of the most of the other problems. Ontario is Canada's largest cannabis market. The product OCS orders to service it is sizable. A LOT of LPs have production commitments to OCS. Meeting those commitments ensures that OCS keeps regularly purchasing their products. Even if that means knowingly putting out sub-par product, with no corresponding price drop of course. Failing to meet a quota commitment can result in that producer going to the bottom of the list, so to speak. So they're kind of incentivized to put out sub-par quality weed.

Not to mention, when you take a look at the ownership of some of these LP's, there are some real fucking scumbags involved. Which might not be quite so appalling if they knew how to grow decent fucking weed!

And yes Petros, it was Tweed Kush Mints. 'Twas a three day wonder. 1st day it's like "Hmmm, this is decent." 2nd day is like "Huh, this was better yesterday." 3rd is like "I wonder why this shit ain't working anymore." Lotta weed on OCS like that.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
So Tec, I guess to ultimately answer your question, legalization only solved one problem. The average toker isn't getting busted for weed anymore and anyone with a record for simple possession or cultivation had it expunged. Which, for something like weed was the right thing to do.

However the alternative market(s) didn't take the big hit govt's were expecting. And that's because the alternative market has better weed, better prices, better convenience. It's a trifecta.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So Tec, I guess to ultimately answer your question, legalization only solved one problem. The average toker isn't getting busted for weed anymore and anyone with a record for simple possession or cultivation had it expunged. Which, for something like weed was the right thing to do.

However the alternative market(s) didn't take the big hit govt's were expecting. And that's because the alternative market has better weed, better prices, better convenience. It's a trifecta.
Yep, sounds about right. An improvement to the state of things, but neither the panacea for all ills some claimed it would be, nor even as good as it might have been if better managed.

Thanks for the evaluations, folks.

Reactions: Ron in Regina