Dope

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
That Bruce Banner you posted is a prime example of what I meant by THC bingo. Is it 24% THC or 29% THC or something in between? Because you're going to notice the difference between 24% and 29%. I don't wanna have to guess at what I'm getting.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That Bruce Banner you posted is a prime example of what I meant by THC bingo. Is it 24% THC or 29% THC or something in between? Because you're going to notice the difference between 24% and 29%. I don't wanna have to guess at what I'm getting.
It's 29 and its 24. No lotto involved. No plant is consistent from top to bottom. Every bud will test different on the same plant. It's the high and the low from bud to bud and from plant to plant. If you believe your getting the same percentage from every bud, youre smoking waaaaaay too much.

At least this grey area seller gives the high and low not just the lone bud in a 10 lb batch that tops the test.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
It's 29 and its 24. No lotto involved. No plant is consistent from top to bottom. Every bud will test different on the same plant. It's the high and the low from bud to bud and from plant to plant. If you believe your getting the same percentage from every bud, youre smoking waaaaaay too much.

At least this grey area seller gives the high and low not just the lone bud in a 10 lb batch that tops the test.
Interesting. There is much about testing and QC that I don't know. US hillbillies were always happy to turn out a reasonable, decent product for friends and family. It has only been the last few years that we started learning about CBD. The Supreme Commander has learned much more than I have, but then it fits with her main health care interests. Also haven't been around any grow ops for about 15 years and went 6 years without any while working places that did piss tests. Now that I am mostly retired, I am more interested in CBD than THC. Although the last two years, the few plants we grew have been fun.

Reactions: petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Interesting. There is much about testing and QC that I don't know. US hillbillies were always happy to turn out a reasonable, decent product for friends and family. It has only been the last few years that we started learning about CBD. The Supreme Commander has learned much more than I have, but then it fits with her main health care interests. Also haven't been around any grow ops for about 15 years and went 6 years without any while working places that did piss tests. Now that I am mostly retired, I am more interested in CBD than THC. Although the last two years, the few plants we grew have been fun.
Your family tree has far too many branches for you to legitimately call yourself a hillbilly. If you've never asked yourself "If Daddy and Darlene get divorced, will she still be my sister?" you're not a hillbilly.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
My niece is also my cousin. Close as I want get without digging. Anyway it is more a problem of geography. My family is scattered.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Yet when you buy a bag from a place that shows the THC "range" of a particular strain on their menu, the bag you get has a specific THC level.
The first couple of bags I bought showed a range of 20-26% on the shop's menu. The one bag I specifically remember being labeled at 21.1% THC when I got it.

That's what I mean by THC bingo.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
At least they aren't bullshitting and claiming an entire crop is 32% by listing the required by law minimum rather than the maximum that is a wildcard.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
At least they aren't bullshitting and claiming an entire crop is 32% by listing the required by law minimum rather than the maximum that is a wildcard.
You still don't get what I mean. THC bingo means having to guess what the THC level is of what you're actually buying by the price of it. For example, strain X shows up at the legal shops with a THC range from 23%-29%. Price is $9/g. Some weeks later a new batch of strain X shows up from the same grower, grown under the same conditions with a THC range of 23% to 29% . Price is $10.49/g. Then the next batch is $9.60/g, same THC range. Yet each bag I buy from each batch will have a specific THC level. I want to know precisely what I'm buying before I pay for it. Because believe me, there's a very noticeable difference between 23% and 29%.

And further to that, a lot of the medical LPs are listing their dried flower at specific THC/CBD levels on their menus. That's because they are taking the highest THC bud and packaging them up while using the lower THC bud to process them for edibles and vapes and such. Mind you, there's very little dried flower I've run across in the medical supply that I'd call high level THC. Did grab some 'Zookies' from Emblem though. 33.5%THC and I'll tell you how good it is. That shit lights me up like a fucking Christmas tree after 2 one-hitters. And any pain that isn't the result of nerve damage becomes a distant memory.

Can't wait til growing season again though. Need to get some K.O. Pink in the ground. Down to my last 7-8g. 😬

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You still don't get what I mean. THC bingo means having to guess what the THC level is of what you're actually buying by the price of it. For example, strain X shows up at the legal shops with a THC range from 23%-29%. Price is $9/g. Some weeks later a new batch of strain X shows up from the same grower, grown under the same conditions with a THC range of 23% to 29% . Price is $10.49/g. Then the next batch is $9.60/g, same THC range. Yet each bag I buy from each batch will have a specific THC level. I want to know precisely what I'm buying before I pay for it. Because believe me, there's a very noticeable difference between 23% and 29%.

And further to that, a lot of the medical LPs are listing their dried flower at specific THC/CBD levels on their menus. That's because they are taking the highest THC bud and packaging them up while using the lower THC bud to process them for edibles and vapes and such. Mind you, there's very little dried flower I've run across in the medical supply that I'd call high level THC. Did grab some 'Zookies' from Emblem though. 33.5%THC and I'll tell you how good it is. That shit lights me up like a fucking Christmas tree after 2 one-hitters. And any pain that isn't the result of nerve damage becomes a distant memory.

Can't wait til growing season again though. Need to get some K.O. Pink in the ground. Down to my last 7-8g. 😬
Do you truly believe producers on any side of the legality fence are spending the cash and time to test to the levels your talking about when they are struggling to get a pound of weed out the door for $700?

If I'm out to get baked Ill roll a salad or dab cold extract.