Documentary makers claim tomb of Jesus found

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Forensic proof of a dead body does not bleed.

That's a bit flawed. If a dead body doesn't bleed, then how do you drain the blood from a slaughtered pig? If you slice a dead body, the blood will seep out (bleed). It won't pump out like an arterial bleed, or pump into tissue like a bruise bleed, but, it will exit the holes you make.

ckdallastx

Feb 28, 2007
Jesus Missing For 18 Years?

Interesting reading and is my first time to this forum.

The bible only recorded Jesus from birth until he was 12 years old, then jumps to when he was 30 years old. So what did Jesus do during the 18 years the bible did not record him?

During those 18 years that there is no record of him... could it be possible that he was married? Is there any record any place what Jesus did during those 18 years?

There is a strict Jewish sect called the Essene that does not believe in sex. The man would take his sperm and hand it to his wife to rub on her and impregnate herself. This is called a virgin birth. The ritual would involve believing that the sperm is a gift from God. It is believed that Jesus's family was an Essene. Hence the virgin birth. Anybody else heard of this?

What if the 2nd coming of Jesus resulted from taking his DNA and making a clone? http://forums.canadiancontent.net/images/smilies/icon_neutral.gif

ckdallastx

Feb 28, 2007
Jesus Family Afford The Tomb?

Many say this is a fraud cause Jesus' family was poor and could not afford a tomb and would have been buried instead.

I am no bible scholar but didn't the bible only mention that Jesus' family was poor at the time he was born? Was there any mention of Jesus' family being poor at the time of his death? Anybody thought that maybe his family became rich enough to afford a tomb?

My parents were poor when I was born... but now in life are very well to do.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
the timing of this "discovery" being made public is making me very suspicious. I'd like it to be true but i doubt even if it were whether there'd be any proof

ckdallastx

Feb 28, 2007
Jesus Missing For 18 Years?

The bible only records Jesus life from when he was born till he was 12 and then again when he was 30. What did Jesus do during the missing 18 years of his life? If the bible didn't record his life for 18 years, wouldn't you think it is likely that it didn't record that he was married? Is there any record of Jesus life any place from when he was 12 till he was 30?

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
Jesus had a son with Mary the hooker?

If Mary, like Jesus, ever existed, she was certainly not a hooker! From biblical scriptures this was quite clear, and there is ample resource for research of her to nullify this misconception! See below!

WILLIAMS: Karen King is a professor of ecclesiastical history at Harvard Divinity School. She's written a book about Mary of Magdala based on the ancient Gnostic text "The Gospel of Mary," found in 1896 in Egypt. Translated over the last half century, the bits and pieces of papyri are badly decomposed, and thought to date from 125 C.E.

Dr. KING: What we now know from our discovery of these new texts from Egypt is that there was a story of Mary Magdalene as a prominent disciple of Jesus and as an apostle and a leader in the church after the resurrection.

WILLIAMS: Nothing in the New Testament says she was a prostitute. Luke writes that Jesus casts seven demons from her, after which she joins his disciples and provides for them. She witnesses the crucifixion from the foot of the cross, the male disciples having fled. And she was the first witness to the resurrection and was sent by Jesus to tell his other disciples of his return.

How did Mary Magdalene, the pivotal player in Christianity's defining moment, come to be so maligned? At the end of the 6th century, Pope Gregory the Great gave a sermon in which he characterized Mary Magdalene as a harlot.

Dr. KING: He tells us exactly how he did it -- by aligning her with the "sinful woman" in Luke, with Mary of Bethany in John, and with the Mary in -- from whom seven devils were ejected to produce this Mary, the prostitute.

WILLIAMS: Mary Magdalene became the patron saint of fallen women. Historians don't agree on why Pope Gregory did it. To simplify things? To create a figure that would show the redemptive and transforming nature of Christian faith? Or, as King believes, to stifle the legend of a strong female leader?

The feature was far too long to post here, hence the link below.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week712/feature.html

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I know better than to say a word........but as usual my mouth over runs my sense.

What does it matter? Seriously. If you are a believer and you FAITH says this is true it is true. FAITH isnt about concretes, its about heart. My heart has a different faith than this but why all the up in arms over what cant be proven? Its your FAITH it doesnt have to be proven.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
What a rotten thing to do to women eh. A lot of those silly old pope pricks spared no expence to demonize the female. No wonder you girls aren't good enough to work the wheel house of the goodship Jesus.:wave:

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
What a rotten thing to do to women eh. A lot of those silly old pope pricks spared no expence to demonize the female. No wonder you girls aren't good enough to work the wheel house of the goodship Jesus.:wave:

lol, you are incorrigible! :)

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
man that link was a good read. I thought of myself as a rebel growing up. but if I was born a female I'd be crying bloody murder

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
man that link was a good read. I thought of myself as a rebel growing up. but if I was born a female I'd be crying bloody murder
The church insisted for years that women shouldn't be educated, they have always been afraid of women because of the power of the critters, imagine if they all learn how to read the real storys, us male people would be in deep .:wave:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
The church insisted for years that women shouldn't be educated, they have always been afraid of women because of the power of the critters, imagine if they all learn how to read the real storys, us male people would be in deep .:wave:

The power is in KNOWing you have power but you dont have to prove it ;)

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I already bought a plot in Hell. right next to yours Beav :angel8: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I already bought a plot in Hell. right next to yours Beav :angel8: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Damn damn damn, I knew this would get away from us Bart, it's to late, thier even talking to men and giant virtual rodents without permisson of thier husbands or fathers, and we did it, I'm not going to sleep well tonight.:wave: