Documentary makers claim tomb of Jesus found

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Zzarchov, I respect your debate, and you confused me for being angry at you early, when that was directed at darkbeaver.

I have started to learn to create a list, when a person of differing views lacks civility and common sense, I ignore their posts.

And like you, I am ignoring darkbeavers posts now, there is nothing of substance to them, they just blow steam on the issue to "be cool", as you said.

I actually noticed this cool little ignore list in my ControlPanel that I am going to take advantage of...

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
My motives are that I do it for fun and to get people to think about what they believe in instead of swallowing the reems of dogma they're fed. It has little to do with gods and other such myths. Such things are pretty much irrelevant in my life.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I am officially taking myself out of this conversation.

People like sanctus, are very smart when it comes to debating this.

I am a young person, not experienced much in this, and I get too emotional.

If you attest there is no God, how come you are so compelled to constantly discuss and debate it.

See with atheists, they constantly like to talk about their stance on no God. To me, its there way of making it set in stone there is no God.

If they said there was no God and left it at that, they would doubt themselves, instead they obsess in life and on these forums on the issue, the issue consumes them, saying there is no God, that it ends up their passion on talking about it all the time hardens them into the stance, where they are no longer reachable, or worth discussing too.

Me, I don't need to bring up religion everywhere I go to reaffirm my belief, I get involved in these threads, because I get emotional and feel I have to defend my beliefs.

When I should concentrate on my faith, and praying instead of wasting my time and energy debating people who feel they need to blow steam about the issue all the time to validate themselves.

You should concentrate on your faith, I think a monastic life is what you should seek.:wave:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
The belief of God is your own. The image of god is debateable no one ever saw him.
But what is written in the bible about him, having unconditional love , giving free will to manand then demand to be adored and worshipped and all those he killed directly........
Psycologically your God is a psychopath......
These things don't add up and yet you don't question.....
You won't look at the history of the church, which pope did what and to who.
Too much of this double standards the church has produced through its history, none of you question that.
Like I said before about Jesus, take away the flashy magic and you still get someone to admire.
You adore more the man or son of man or the son of god than you do his message.
Wasn't that mention in your book? Don't praise the messenger praise the message.
There is proof we metioned about the Church and all you do is put a pot over your heads and bang away with a wooden spoon.
Thats why we turn to ridicule because it is rediculus
how long can you beat a dead horse
Never as a Catholic have i felt spiritaul.
Yet on my own I had felt in touched with creation , divinity or what ever name you call it.
I wouldn't of felt that with barriers imposed on me.
Besides who's to say God works in mysterious ways, maybe it's us shaking your faith, maybe we are here on Gods behalf..........:angel8: :angel8: :angel8: :angel8: :angel8: :angel8: :angel8:

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
ridicule makes no one appear ridiculous but yourself el barto.

In your defence, I always find your comments, posts and opinions interesting and challenging. You obviously understand the confines of a discussion. I want to thank you for your adult and professional manner in which you engage myself and others in conversation.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I believe he Founded the ORIGINAL Catholic Church.

The Orthodox and Roman Catholics were one church, the roman catholic church and history acknowledge this. Christ and his followers also didn't draw big lines between the power of the pope and the patriarchs, apparently the thought that faith in Jesus would defeat power plays.

The pope decided he was head honcho, infallible. He knew this is true because he declared it.

The Patriarchs felt that the pope was just a figurehead. Since no infallibility had been officially declared to him.

Now, both groups claim to be the original Catholic church, with the other a spin off group who broke away because things didnt' go their way.

Can you honestly Sanctus, not look at this as if you were an outsider?

If me and my brother own a firm called Zzarchov Consulting. Have a fight, split up, and each run a company called "Zzarchov Consulting"...which one of us is the "real" Zzarchov Consulting? Do we both not have a claim?

I can only try, but it is difficult to see outside the box you live in. Your points are logical, but here we have a point of view issue, if you will. Our pov is that the Pope is the vicar of Christ appointed by Christ Himself to head up the Church. From that premise, we maintain that those in alliance with the Holy Father are in fact the "true"(hate using that word) Church. Further, from that initial point of view, we would suggest that the Church did not "split". In fact, our teachings are that the Eastern Catholics LEFT the unity of the Church by removing themselves from the authority of the Pope. A slightly different take on the same situation.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
ridicule makes no one appear ridiculous but yourself el barto.

And this is why, I think, the so-called "Christian group" is tiring of these discussions. They begin as discussions and end up with the same people ridiculing the faith, the Church or the people of faith. From that point, the thread always changes focus and becomes a general war on how evil the Church is or how silly the Christians are. When I wrote I wasn't doing that battle anymore, that is what I am referring to. You can only tell me once that God is a fantasy. I don't need to continue to read it in every single Christian thread. One vainly hopes that those who are fond of rushing into these threads with those sorts of comments would find new material. And one more hint, yes we know all about the Inquisition and the Crusades so it isn't necessary to mention them in every thread either:)