Documentary makers claim tomb of Jesus found

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
He came to die for our sins, reserrect, save others, teach the lessons of God, and teach a way of life.

Jesus didn't come to get married and have a kid.. that was not any of his purposes.

Part of the Christian way of life is family. That is not a seperate purpose, it is the same purpose.

You cannot teach someone how to live, and leave out the most important part of peoples lives. Its like teaching someone to drive, without ever mentioning what to do with the gas pedal.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
hi darkbeaver, nice way of ignoring my statements, and insulting me.

Real good point for the atheist team!

Came off that way to me.

Address my points, or say nothing at all, don't insult my remarks by saing "religion police".

And so the cycle continues.

I mean come on, you an intellectual, very smart guy! Debate me, get me thinking! Don't lower yourself to insulting points. From my viewing of your posts: Your better than that!

i wouldnt worry about what they say. father c told me that people have been trying to discredit jesus and the faith since day one, and here we are 2,007 years later still going strong. jesus is all we need, and our faith is all we need. we dont need their approval or support. they are afraid i think, cos they are empty inside without chirst. why argue with them?just pray for them.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Thank you mapleleafgirl, you made my day, gave me something to think about.

I get so consumed by these people, who say God and Christianity is flawed, but in the same stance, ignore points, insult me, and twist the issues with off-topic ideas.

I get consumed by my shock + anger of this, that I forget what you are saying.

Thanks mapleleafgirl, thank you.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Thank you mapleleafgirl, you made my day, gave me something to think about.

I get so consumed by these people, who say God and Christianity is flawed, but in the same stance, ignore points, insult me, and twist the issues with off-topic ideas.

I get consumed by my shock + anger of this, that I forget what you are saying.

Thanks mapleleafgirl, thank you.

youre welcome! my new priest, and you wouldnt believe who it was, told me this afternoon that these are the same kind of arguements over and over, and these people bring up the same points over and over. and the bottom line, as fr.. c told me, is that they are afraid of jesus. if all that they said was true about him, they wouldnt bother about him so much, but all they do is argue and look for things to be nasty about, because in the end they are afraid of him and his truth.dont you think this makes sense?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Hey now, I consider my points on topic. In my opinion, showing Jesus had a family is credit to him, not a "blasphemy".

To claim he did not have a family as evidence through lack of mention to me is as absurd as claiming he did have a family through lack of mention.

If I don't tell you if I have a wife and child or not, how could you know either way?

I don't understand how this can be "discrediting Jesus" anymore than discovering Jesus was a southpaw would be "discrediting Jesus". All of this information is at best trivial, its not important to the message of christ, how can trivia discredit his message?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
hi darkbeaver, nice way of ignoring my statements, and insulting me.

Real good point for the atheist team!

Came off that way to me.

Address my points, or say nothing at all, don't insult my remarks by saing "religion police".

And so the cycle continues.

I mean come on, you an intellectual, very smart guy! Debate me, get me thinking! Don't lower yourself to insulting points. From my viewing of your posts: Your better than that!

You are by you're own admission a devout chistian of unshakeable faith, you cannot enter into debate without resorting to faith, when you resort to faith you end debate and terminate discovery.You already have satisfying answers, you do not have to think,its already been done for you.If you are what you say how can I overcome that and get you thinking.You have to loose the certainty to start to think. That's just my opinion. I will debate anything even if I obviously know nothing about the subject. Even picnic tables and stones have listened to my blathering with resonable interest and feedback, but I have yet to engage a devout religious person without god interrupting and stopping the conversation.If god can't get you thinking how the hell can I?:wave:

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Hey now, I consider my points on topic. In my opinion, showing Jesus had a family is credit to him, not a "blasphemy".

To claim he did not have a family as evidence through lack of mention to me is as absurd as claiming he did have a family through lack of mention.

If I don't tell you if I have a wife and child or not, how could you know either way?

I don't understand how this can be "discrediting Jesus" anymore than discovering Jesus was a southpaw would be "discrediting Jesus". All of this information is at best trivial, its not important to the message of christ, how can trivia discredit his message?

yeah, whatever. heres my only point...does the church teach jesus had a family/ has the church taught this for 2007 years? answer-no, so for me its a done deal. ill take the word of the church over doubters anyday.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
youre welcome! my new priest, and you wouldnt believe who it was, told me this afternoon that these are the same kind of arguements over and over, and these people bring up the same points over and over. and the bottom line, as fr.. c told me, is that they are afraid of jesus. if all that they said was true about him, they wouldnt bother about him so much, but all they do is argue and look for things to be nasty about, because in the end they are afraid of him and his truth.dont you think this makes sense?

You should read about how many people have been slaughtered for his love Maplegirl, you're very young to be stuck for life on Gods fly paper.And us people didn't start the fight we we're here long before he was.:wave:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
The way I see it, is that you have two possible and more-or-less rational answers: that you don't believe in boogeymen for one thing.
and the other thing is that you think your deity would protect you. In the latter case, your deity can't even prevent someone being shot by accident, or ran over by accident, etc.
So that leaves us with the former answer: that you don't believe in boogeymen. Well, tell you what; I don't believe in your god or your Jesus so why would I or any other atheist be afraid of them if you aren't afraid of boogeymen?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
yeah, whatever. heres my only point...does the church teach jesus had a family/ has the church taught this for 2007 years? answer-no, so for me its a done deal. ill take the word of the church over doubters anyday.

2007 years? no current church has been around that long. Nor has any one bible. Gospels and Apocryphals have been swapped out with every schism.

The Gospel of Judas claimed that Jesus instructed him to go to the Romans, which Jesus being Jesus..seemed to fit in pretty well. But it was also very critical of the Romans (instead of the Jews), Rome wasn't too much of a fan of this Idea, Especially Constantine.

I mean, the First Church..lead by Jesus brother James, had VASTLY different views than the Catholic, Orthodox, Coptic, Anglican, Protestant or Mormon churches. They were in essence a sect of Judaism.

Alot of wars were fought over how whether or not Jesus was human or something else. The fact that the current dogmatic views were held by people who were better at disobeying everything Jesus taught by sticking sharp bits of metal into the skulls of others, is hardly a reason to see them as correct.

If we look at some of the oldest surviving churches they imply very different things than the views held by newer churches which may have more members.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
2007 years? no current church has been around that long. Nor has any one bible. Gospels and Apocryphals have been swapped out with every schism.

The Gospel of Judas claimed that Jesus instructed him to go to the Romans, which Jesus being Jesus..seemed to fit in pretty well. But it was also very critical of the Romans (instead of the Jews), Rome wasn't too much of a fan of this Idea, Especially Constantine.

I mean, the First Church..lead by Jesus brother James, had VASTLY different views than the Catholic, Orthodox, Coptic, Anglican, Protestant or Mormon churches. They were in essence a sect of Judaism.

Alot of wars were fought over how whether or not Jesus was human or something else. The fact that the current dogmatic views were held by people who were better at disobeying everything Jesus taught by sticking sharp bits of metal into the skulls of others, is hardly a reason to see them as correct.

If we look at some of the oldest surviving churches they imply very different things than the views held by newer churches which may have more members.

You've been reading those devil books Zzarchov:laughing7::laughing7::wave:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
You should read about how many people have been slaughtered for his love Maplegirl, you're very young to be stuck for life on Gods fly paper.And us people didn't start the fight we we're here long before he was.:wave:
9 million in the crusades alone, 9 million plus in the bible alone (not including the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, plagues, pestilence, etc)

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario

youre full of crap. the catholic church is the original church. period. end of story. go play another game with someone else. i dont care what you say. im fairly certain the pope knows more than you do about god and jesus..and i have total faith in the church, thanks very much.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
youre full of crap. the catholic church is the original church. period. end of story. go play another game with someone else. i dont care what you say. im fairly certain the pope knows more than you do about god and jesus..and i have total faith in the church, thanks very much.

THe Catholic church is. The Roman Catholic Church is not. The Catholic church, according to the pope, Does not currently exist. It is one of the things the Pope is traditionally charged with rebuilding.

The Roman Catholic Church is no more the one true church than the Anglican Catholic Church, the Coptic Catholic church or the Orthodox Catholic church.

That you have total faith in the Church instead of Jesus means you should probably read Revelations, they warn about just that.

Heed the message, not the messenger.

EDIT:

Actually scratch that, you don't even have faith in your church. If you did, you would believe its own account of history.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com

Sue, don't waste your efforts in this sort of a discussion. Let the doubters yip and yap, it discredits you to take part. They are looking only to insult and ridicule. It is unhealthy spiritually to carry on for you. Let it go. Focus on God and let them sort it out amongst themselves.