Dalton McGuinty - I never voted for this freak, did you?

MapleOne

Worlds greatest Dad'n
Jul 19, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
www.MapleOne.com
PLEASE READ, AND REMEMBER NEXT ELECTION.

Dalton McGuinty - I never voted for this freak, did you?

• Here is what our Premier has done for Ontario in the past seven years.
    Remember...he had a no tax increase election message/campaign.
  • He has increased all the licensing fees from your car to your boat including fishing and hunting.
  • He introduced the health care premium (not called a tax) and some couples pay as much as $1,500.00 a year.
  • He doubled the price of most lottery tickets. (Not called a tax).
  • He has put an ECO tax on many containers such as paint cans and window washer fluid most and people still don’t realize it until they see the bill - he kept that one real quiet.
  • He put a disposal tax on all electronics.
  • He put the disposal tax back on tires.
  • And now he has passed the HST tax - the largest tax on the province ever and the only other tax in Ontario that ever came close to this in the past was the health care premium. He passed this bill even though 76% of the people in Ontario were against it.
    This HST will provide the Province with an additional THREE BILLION dollars a year.
  • Soon, July 15th, we will all have our S.M.A.R.T. meters on which we will have to pay perpetual rent and will end up doing our laundry in the middle of the night. We are also going to pay big time for air conditioning from now on because when we need it the most it will be in the prime time of usage.
  • Let us not forget the E-health scandal with 1.2 billion dollars wasted and paid out to friends and relatives. What was Mr. McGuinty's answer to this? “ Well, if the people of Ontario don't like it, they can show it in the next election.” Nice attitude. This after he fired the CEO and then gave her a severance package of $300,000 - not bad for only being on the job for seven months.
  • And what about the SEVEN BILLION DOLLARS windmill power plant contract that he awarded to KOREA ? One would think there was some place in Canada or North America that could have built these.
  • He also closed the emergency rooms in Port Colburne and Fort Erie because there is not enough money. There have been two deaths since then because by the time they got to St. Catharine's it was too late.
    But he then awards a hospital in Toronto three million dollars - of course, that was in the riding where there just happens to be a by-election to replace George Smitherman!
  • He has taken the richest most prosperous province in Canada down to one of the 'Have-Nots' and, over the past six & one half years, has increased the budget deficit from $5.6 Billion dollars to TWENTY SEVEN BILLION DOLLARS and he still has a year and a half to go.
    And don’t forget his nice little salary increase of $40,000.00 a year - millions of people in the province don’t earn even half of that.
  • Have we forgotten all the MPP’S who also got a 14% increase? And now that they've had their increases he comes out with a new budget to freeze all provincial employees wages for two years - a bit late don't you think.
  • He increased the hydro tax by 10% in April of 2010.
  • He has increased the tax on liquor and wine by 10% in May of 2010.

But, Mr. McGuinty will retire with his nice comfortable pension and all his benefits paid.
I hope this gets passed around the province of Ontario and everybody remembers the way we got screwed by Mr. McGuinty and the Liberal party and - remember - not one Liberal MPP had enough guts to vote against any of the above.
Wake up Ontario ....!!

I take no credit for the above post, it was sent to me and I thought it was interesting

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Lowered provincial taxes ... as apparently has McGuinty. Many of Harris's came at the expense of municipalities in downoading of services and doubled utility costs with the privatization of Ontario Hydro.
LOL, if you think McSquinty and his fiberals lowered taxes, you are stupider than I thought....

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I didn't vote for the guy, but then I'm not in his riding either. lol Same can be said of Gordon CampBULL; I'm not in his riding either.
Um, one thing about Maple's forwarded email: "He has taken the richest most prosperous province in Canada down to one of the 'Have-Nots'". It seems to me that ON was grumbling about becoming a have-not prov. before McGuinty got in. I think I read somewhere that ON's economy started lagging about 1990 or so, but I am having a bit of a time finding research. I did find this, though:

1990Jul 24, 1990 - "The auto talks will be difficult," said [Bob White], whose union represents 67330 workers at 18 Ford, General Motors and Chrysler plants in Ontario and Quebec. "The auto industry is in a fight for its survival and that's not putting it in too strong a phrase," said Maryann Keller, ...
From Deal crucial to Ontario economy, analyst says Auto talks to target inflation - Related web pages
pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thestar/access/472107701 ...

1991Apr 25, 1991 - With Ontario Treasurer Floyd Laughren putting the finishing touches to his first budget, the Toronto Dominion Bank is warning that the province can expect a declining economy and rising unemployment this year. In its latest forecast, the bank says that although Ontario enjoyed the ...
From Ontario economy expected to worsen - Related web pages
pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thestar/access/461826611 ...

1995Jul 29, 1995 - The spending cuts even raise questions about the health of the Ontario economy. The province lost 21000 jobs in the first six months of 1995, ... ``Certainly there hasn't been any government in Ontario history that's done so much, so fast and I'd be pretty surprised if any federal ...
From Two revolutions No government in Ontario history has moved so quickly - Related web pages
pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thestar/access/21215860 ..

2003Aug 16, 2003 - Already struggling to weather fallout from the SARS virus, Ontario's economy has a new obstacle Overcoming the economic impact of Thursday's ... Placer Dome Inc. , North America's third-biggest gold miner, closed two Ontario operations after the blackout put equipment and mine shafts ...
From Another blow for Ontario's economy; Long-term effect not expected May … - Related web pages
pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thestar/access/386865951 ...
... and so on.

Ontario economy history - Google Search

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
People voted for McGuinty because there weren't and still aren't , if ever ther will be , an alternative...

Time and Time again it is proven ..Politicians /Government / Big Biz ...Do not care ....The system rules their minds...Owns their soul..

Whether the people Like it or not...McGuinty will have a good life after politics...No matter ..

He payed the wages for a lot of Gov/Biz friends..Bought Votes.. That's why he or any politician gets elected ..People don't care to vote just as "They" don't care about the people ..

MapleOne

Worlds greatest Dad'n
Jul 19, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
www.MapleOne.com
I campaigned so hard against him but he received the most votes in the LIBERAL TORONTO area. I was stunned to see him get to power for a second term.

He know a third will never happen so now its a free for all, he figures he can do anything.

I may just have to bring out my my vintage Louisville slugger to shorten his kneecaps.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Having never lived in Ontario it is not my place to comment on Mr. McGinty, but I feel I must point out that $1500 annually for health care for a couple is dirt cheap coverage. Makes you really wonder how much some people value their health. Besides family I consider it my most valuable possession.

MapleOne

Worlds greatest Dad'n
Jul 19, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
www.MapleOne.com
Having never lived in Ontario it is not my place to comment on Mr. McGinty, but I feel I must point out that $1500 annually for health care for a couple is dirt cheap coverage. Makes you really wonder how much some people value their health. Besides family I consider it my most valuable possession.

You're forgetting that this is an increase, we already pay into the Ontario health care system called OHIP.

This is a blatant tax grab - or in his words "not a new tax"

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I am denied the opportunity of voting for anyone in Ontario due to the fact that I don't live there, but it is interesting to note that many of MapleOne's grievances sound very familiar. Is it possible that they are common problems in many other parts of Canada? Just curious - I don't condone or condemn any of them.