COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Yes, viruses do mutate all the time. Glad Newsmax can get that right at least.

You're missing the point.

The mutations mentioned make the virus more complicated, not less. If you noticed in the video, that the virus has mutated 4 times already is concerning. And all it takes is ONE mutation to make all the work and knowledge we have right now - which isn't nearly enough - moot. All it takes is one to amplify the virus to being more deadly, or have more serious repercussions. Already a mutation out of South Africa has made younger adults more susceptible to the virus than the previous strains, meaning that the whole "younger people are more immune" is again, moot.

And that, TM, is my point.
And if it doesn't and actually mutates to the mild side then what? It's still 99.9% survivability better than the 90% vaccine success rate no?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
And if it doesn't and actually mutates to the mild side then what? It's still 99.9% survivability better than the 90% vaccine success rate no?
If it doesn't mutate into worse then we're lucky and at least being wary of it doing so was for naught.

But if it DOES mutate into worse?

Your 99.9% survivability claim is misleading and if you actually follow the progress of the virus, you know this. There are LOTS of factors into the 'survivability' of Covid. And okay, you survive, but what about after effects? Strokes in youth? Heart and Brain damage? Hell, one friend I have who had it is losing her hair.

Interesting read about the stats.

Back to the comment - We don't know the success rate of the vaccine, are you kidding me? It's JUST being administered...

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Clinical trials are 90-95% success rate you read it on here haven't you I posted both, Johnson & Johnson are about to end their trials as well

There is a better chance to mutate to lesser severity than the original due to time and passing through natural immune systems, unless a new engineered mutation is being introduced.

To add your link mortality rate is pretty much a flatline compared to the number of cases, interesting
Mortality Risk of COVID-19 - Our World in Data

Last edited:
Reactions: Aetheric

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Clinical trials are 90-95% success rate you read it on here haven't you I posted both, Johnson & Johnson are about to end their trials as well

I've read it.

Those are TRIALS.

Limited people, limited numbers.

I've questions on whether that success rate will translate in reality to the population as more people get it - we're already seeing issues that weren't in the trials - and how effective it'll be overall OR whether there will be later effects from the vaccine itself. I HOPE it works like it's supposed to, but it wasn't studied long enough or peer reviewed enough, IMO, to be certain about any of it.
There is a better chance to mutate to lesser severity than the original due to time and passing through natural immune systems, unless a new engineered mutation is being introduced.

Right now of the four mutations I've heard of for Covid 19, two weren't 'bad' but two have led to an increase in infection rates and an increase in younger adults getting it.

So IMO, it's fifty-fifty for 'lesser severity chance'.

And as I said, all it takes is ONE person with the right genetic glitches to mutate the virus back to where we're all square one. Could it go the other way, sure, but too many like you are hoping on that when I'd rather be a realist and acknowledge it could also go worse, and thus keep that thought in mind.
To add your link mortality rate is pretty much a flatline compared to the number of cases, interesting
Mortality Risk of COVID-19 - Our World in Data

.... hoboy.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Humans out of balance, polluting and pillaging, have become the most deadly virus to the planet earth. Covid and other deadly diseases as well as climate disasters are her vaccination against her human plague.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I've read it.

Those are TRIALS.

Limited people, limited numbers.

I've questions on whether that success rate will translate in reality to the population as more people get it - we're already seeing issues that weren't in the trials - and how effective it'll be overall OR whether there will be later effects from the vaccine itself. I HOPE it works like it's supposed to, but it wasn't studied long enough or peer reviewed enough, IMO, to be certain about any of it.

Right now of the four mutations I've heard of for Covid 19, two weren't 'bad' but two have led to an increase in infection rates and an increase in younger adults getting it.

So IMO, it's fifty-fifty for 'lesser severity chance'.

And as I said, all it takes is ONE person with the right genetic glitches to mutate the virus back to where we're all square one. Could it go the other way, sure, but too many like you are hoping on that when I'd rather be a realist and acknowledge it could also go worse, and thus keep that thought in mind.

.... hoboy.
You kinda summed up all the reasons why I don't plan on getting vaccinated anytime soon. WE simply don't know the long term effects, if any of the vaccines because they were rushed to market.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Out of curiosity does the US count Everyone that has Covid as a Covid death regardless of all other health problems, physical or mental like Canada does?
Nope, we just make up the numbers, cuz Covid's a hoax to take away our FREEDUMB and DESTROY MURKA!

Besides, it was all gone by Easter.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
This socalled call;ed deadly virus is fukkin normal seasonal; flue only the stupid will die. I like to think that the stupid represent the minority, and the loss of that minority promises, represents progress for humanity. The dumb fuks in yer community wear masks, These are the individuals unsuitable as public representatives , that mask can,t stop a viral particle you moron, nobody wlli;; mark you,re passing, you stupid piece of dung