COVID-19 'Pandemic'

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There ya go. Answer honestly and ask if you are confused.

Just got to thinking I am a bit confused, Pete. I'm almost certain about a week ago someone told me that every one is 100% certain of contracting Covid, contrary to the 5% that test indicated to me. Was it you or was it Sleepy? :) So which advice is correct?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Chance of catching Covid 19 - 5%
Chance of dying if I do catch it 2.654% (I'd agree with 2 or 3% the .654 is bull shit. :)
THERE enough of discussing that topic. I have "bigger fish to fry" for the short duration I will remain alive. :)
P.S. I think the site I was on yesterday was something different. Couldn't make sense of it at all.
Sounds like you have very little need to worry or lash out at others do you?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Just got to thinking I am a bit confused, Pete. I'm almost certain about a week ago someone told me that every one is 100% certain of contracting Covid, contrary to the 5% that test indicated to me. Was it you or was it Sleepy? :) So which advice is correct?
Not me... but I have a technical question for you seeing as you're so smart.....
About 30 minutes ago while I was waiting for my wife at her hairdresser appointment, reading a book on my IPad, I get a call
from my daughter in Mississauga on my Iphone.
She needed a copy of a pdf file (some ancestry data) that luckily ....I had on my IPad.

But as luck would have it....no open wifi in the area

Let's see if you can figure out how I did it, not moving from where I was parked

Now I'm sure that Pete and a few others in the forum can figure it out!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Its on the link. They explain all the parameters and metrics used including the eventuality of a vaccine.

So again you still have a 1 in 20 chance and a 1 in 50 if you win the first 1 in 20 lotto from now until you are vaccinated.

Get it?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Not me... but I have a technical question for you seeing as you're so smart.....
About 30 minutes ago while I was waiting for my wife at her hairdresser appointment, reading a book on my IPad, I get a call
She needed a copy of a pdf file (some ancestry data) that luckily ....I had on my IPad.
Let's see if you can figure out how I did it, not moving from where I was parked
Yup. Got it. Easy peasy.

With 2 potential options

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

If it was absolutely urgent I would just email someone I knew with Y fi and get them to email it to me if I had a smart phone, which I don't.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sounds like you have very little need to worry or lash out at others do you?

I've never been particularly worried about Covid 19 for myself, now my Bro in law who is badly crippled & has congestive heart failure, I do worry about, A LOT! As far as myself is concerned, I am cautious to follow the three or four basic instructions we've heard over and over, so actually I think the 5% est. is high.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No problem I have a flip phone so I could always phone someone. But I don't make a habit of getting into those predicaments. There's very little that can't wait until I get home.

Anyway it's small potatoes, I could also send a text.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
No problem I have a flip phone so I could always phone someone. But I don't make a habit of getting into those predicaments. There's very little that can't wait until I get home.

You can do it with a flip phone as well it's in your settings, cost you a little data though.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I've never been particularly worried about Covid 19 for myself, now my Bro in law who is badly crippled & has congestive heart failure, I do worry about, A LOT! As far as myself is concerned, I am cautious to follow the three or four basic instructions we've heard over and over, so actually I think the 5% est. is high.
Why is 5% high? The three or four things you do are not to stop you from getting COVID19. None of it will. Your only out is a vaccine.