Conservative? Be afraid, very afraid!

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
.... and Gliberals are populist, fickle squanderers of public money, and NDP are Naive Dense Pussies, etc. lol

The libs are populists but tackled the debt and won, hardly fickle and the cons already have the pussies column filled so that isn't the NDP, but I could buy into the naive concept but I never thought caring for the poor as naive.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Tackled the debt and won? Won what? I see that Canada still has debt and has had since Confederation. Martin managed to whittle a little at it now and then but he did so at the expense of seniors, students, and the like.
Oh come on, Avro. Martin flipflopped everytime he read something new in the polls and was constantly trying to tell Canadians what they wanted. Turdeau was the last Glib to actually stick to what he believed. Um, how did that quote go? Martin said something like, "The Red Book? Don't tell me about the god damned Red Book. I wrote the god damned thing and I know it's full of crap"
As far as the NDP goes, they really don't have a very good grasp on money management which is a big part of governing.
Admit it, the Cons aren't the only duds and culls in the applecart.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Yo Dude,

Spell checkers are free.

Some of them even check for sentence structure and punctuation
Frankly its more about laziness.

If your dyslectic or something I humbly apologize.

Trex

Moron you are so f embracing.
What are you some f professor of literary arts? go and f uck you self Loser......You are no divine inspiration………………………

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
On another thread I made a post how I felt it was incomprehensible that a Canadian coalition government could be formed.
It may have been an ill advised post.
Maybe it could happen.
Historically it has happened once.
I 1917 and because of the onset of the WW! The Libs and Con formed a coalition government .
As soon as the war ended the coalition stepped down and elections were held.

Minority governments in Canada have been brought down by a non-confidence vote several times in the past.
It always results in a general election.
How then could a coalition party seize power?
It doesn’t seem possible.

Here’s how.

Jean Chrétien is leading the charge.
Jean Chrétien is one of the most effective and vicious political infighters in Canadian history.
Bar none.
This is the same Jean Chrétien of the redbook, the sponsorship scandal and the Grand- Mere golf course and not a bit of it stuck.
This guy believes in the “Nuke the entire planet” school of politics.

Harper and the Con’s?
Chrétien eats guys like that for breakfast, knocks off for nine holes and makes it back to the throne for a little ring -kissing before cocktails.
But there is no way Chrétien can do it alone.

Enter Ed Broadbent.
A smart guy.
Well respected to boot.

So how could it work?

On the Liberal front it means behind the scenes the old Chretienites have seized control and the last of the Martinites have been thrown under the bus.
Dion is a left wing puppet and smart enough to get out of the way.
Iggy as a fiscally responsible politician must be toast.
Politically he must have had his throat slit.

Bob would buy into it as heading into left field, that works for him every time.
As long as everyone on board understands it’s a puppet government with Chrétien controlling the Liberal party between rounds of golf, it flies.

On the NDP front.
Ed Broadbent has the respect of Canadians.
It’s a fact.
Jack can probable can be convinced that for the good of the party he needs to get out of the way.
Let Ed take the helm behind the scenes.
What does Ed need?
Massive spending, huge bailouts, increased taxes, nationalize the auto sector.
Move the country hard left.
National debt, through the roof…..put the bankrupt Americans to shame.
Jack can work with that.
Would Jean Chrétien give them that?…..in a New York second.

What about the Bloq.
The Bloq couldn’t give two figs about Canada.
You just buy the Bloq.
They need to get considerably more than their fair share.
Once they get that, they are good to go.
Would Jean give them that?.......Why even ask the question?

So it becomes a bit like Russia with Putin pulling all the strings and Medvedev dancing in time to the music.
Except we get to watch it at home.

So how does it happen?

The opposition pulls the plug.
They probably have “unofficially” had talks with Michelle Jean and hubby Jean Daniel.
She’s a Liberal and he is a well known separatist.
Possibly with enough support she could allow a coalition government.
If it had broad support, why not?
Its all a question of marketing.
And if that don’t fly?

If the coalition can pin the election on the Conservatives.
Due to lack of action about the recession.
Promise the union, manufactures and autoworkers their jobs.
Huge increases in spending in Ontario and Quebec.
A few new taxes on the Alberta oil companies to help out.
Can Chrétien sell that?

In a heartbeat out east.

Deficit…….I don fears no steenkin deficeeits

God help us.
The taxes and debts will be unimaginable.
Trex

Who's going to be Obama?

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
it amazes me that everyone is more interested in trying to vilify the opposition for doing their job and making sure the Government is following thru at ensuring that the Canadian Economy is not only stable but remains that way. For months now the signs have been there with companies laying off people, banks refusing business loans and exports dropping fast yet our Governing party seems to believe all is "rosy" and that none of this is actually happening in Canada...

darkbeaver, by Canadian standards Obama is as far right as Harper and by far not a "Liberal" but sure is pissing off Conservatives in the US for doing what should have been done by Bush months if not as far back as a year ago.. We should only be so lucky..

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
SirFrancis,

I have a feeling that when the smoke clears from all this religious fervor over the savior Obama, we may find that there has been a scary monster hiding in those sheep's clothing. I hope I'm wrong but I have had this feeling for many months.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I've already said this several times and was denied. Yet now the truth has come out. BO & PO what a combination, although PO may not be around.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Cliffy and Scratch, no need to fear Obama. I think he has the right idea and path to lead the US out of trouble. Many fear he will do more for blacks then the average person. Many others fear he will do more for the average people then blacks.. Hence he is damn if he does and doesn't and caught in a catch 22. Again I think he will be so busy meeting those needs he will find ways of meeting all the expectations of all or fall flat. Either way he has a big job ahead that I think Conservatives realized at the end they did not want to tackle. Iff he succeeds he will be a hero, if he fails he will have been the "Black Man that should never have been elected".