CNN, Shocked: There Are No US Troops in Haiti!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I expect I've donated more to Haiti relief than you have.

Who cares about the actual amount anyone has donated?. If a person can comfortably afford to donate only $1 and does so, that is admirable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
First of all, the post was directed (obviously) to those who had NOT donated.

How do you know they didn't even if they said so?

And I do not begrudge the mouthy jerks who did not help their right to speak.

No, you just tell them to STFU.:roll:

But I also have every right to call them out on their hypocrisy.

Yep, you do.

And BTW I donate a lot more than $20 a month to the Conservative Party of Canada..........and I donated a lot more to Haiti than I would have to the CPC.

Sure you did.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Ten Penny blurted this:

"I expect I've donated more to Haiti relief than you have."

ONE Penny, don't fools ever learn? Looking at your post, the obvious answer is: NO they don't.

When - on another thread - you challenged me if I've ever been involved in charities, I listed my involvements. My post is still there, for anyone to see.

Since I am a very tender, loving and sensitive person I did not want to hurt your feelings by asking you about YOUR involvments in charity, knowing, or at least sensing, that the real and honest answer would only embarrass you.

So, here you go again, mouthing off and using offensive terms without knowing what he heck you are talking about.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I donated nothing and don't intend to donate anything. You'll can piss in the ocean and brag about filling a bathtub if you like though. You're all so ****ing generous I'm ashamed to be in the same thread.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I donated nothing and don't intend to donate anything. You'll can piss in the ocean and brag about filling a bathtub if you like though. You're all so ****ing generous I'm ashamed to be in the same thread.

You have to have something to donate.

We all know why you haven't comrad.:lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Ah refreshing honesty.......although Beav, you should usually be ashamed to be in ANY thread. :)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
How do you know they didn't even if they said so?

No, you just tell them to STFU.:roll:

Yep, you do.

Sure you did.

Ah reading comprehension just isn't your forte, is it?

First of all, I did not actually attempt, nor did I intend to identify those that did, or did not help out.......they know who they are, and who the post was directed towards.

Secondly, I didn't tell (in the sense of order) them to STFU, I merely suggested that their criiticism was hypocrisy if they had not donated, and to avoid accusations and feelings of guilt, perhaps they would be best advised to STFU.

Yes, I glad we agree that I do.

And Yes, I did.

:p:p:p

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I am, but I know that personal redemption can only blossom in such fine hospitable company.:p

True, true, and we are willing, if hesitant, to suffer the burden of your company in the sincere desire that redemption shall, indeed, blossom.

Hope springs eternal.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
True, true, and we are willing, if hesitant, to suffer the burden of your company in the sincere desire that redemption shall, indeed, blossom.

Hope springs eternal.

It's good to have warm understanding friends who never display any hesitation in extending their firm but benevolent consideration. Hope is indeed it's own reward. No man or bird is an island.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
:smile:
It's good to have warm understanding friends who never display any hesitation in extending their firm but benevolent consideration. Hope is indeed it's own reward. No man or bird is an island.

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: What more can I say???

lol

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
"Belief is an anchor that prevents the winds of criticism from blowing the ship of curiosity into new cognitive waters. Belief turns science into the pseudo-religion of scientism, which then tries to wrest from established religions the sacerdotal claim to revelation of divine truth. Criticism, especially of fundamentals, will be the first sacrificial offering slaughtered on the new altar."The No-Belief Belief System

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Avro, your cryptic post indicates that you think that I am a liar.

Would you care to elaborate why? Can you prove me wrong?
I remember one post you made about atheists not donating. I replied that Les did. So much for your idea that atheists are cold-hearted and evil, huh?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"I remember one post you made about atheists not donating. I replied that Les did. So much for your idea that atheists are cold-hearted and evil, huh?"

I only said that atheists are far more reliably skinflints than those who believe.

Exceptions to the rule - athough extremely rare - are respected.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So, I'm going to ask again....

All of the armchair critics, the naysayers, the gibbering sarcastic critics, the perpetually dogmatic haters of the USA, no matter what they do.......

How much have you contributed to the relief effort???????

If, as I so strongly suspect, the answer is nothing, nil, nada, not-at-all, I would suggest, simply for your own benefit, to avoid well-based charges of hypocrisy, that you

STFU!
:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:
Pathetic. Why do you live in Canada? Free healthcare and that's it? Won't be long until you'll be cut off. Then what?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
"I remember one post you made about atheists not donating. I replied that Les did. So much for your idea that atheists are cold-hearted and evil, huh?"

I only said that atheists are far more reliably skinflints than those who believe.

Exceptions to the rule - athough extremely rare - are respected.
Would you have any supporting data for that claim? Or is it just your opinion?
How much dough and supplies has the RCC offered? It's obscenely rich. Has it matched the US? Canada? Or has it just suggested to Catholics that they dig deep?

http://unveiling-christianity.com/2008/11/17/the-catholic-church-is-rich-or-poor/

How much have the oil-producing Muslim Arab states offered?

Has any religion matched what some companies (secular) have donated?

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2010/20100120150413.aspx

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Would you have any supporting data for that claim? Or is it just your opinion?"

I could, if it wasn't so obvious. Let me ask you, thogh, can you name any city that has an ATHEIST Hospital? I could name any number that has St. Joseph, St. Mary's, etc.

As well, in all my mission trips since 1993, mostly with Habitat for Humanity, I have NEVER met an atheist. But, of course, that is only anecdotal evidence.

I am also willing to bet that very few of the people in Haiti, who are there to help are atheists.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
"Would you have any supporting data for that claim? Or is it just your opinion?"

I could, if it wasn't so obvious. Let me ask you, thogh, can you name any city that has an ATHEIST Hospital? I could name any number that has St. Joseph, St. Mary's, etc.
Atheism isn't an organization, Jack. Religions are organizations. And there are many secular churches around. I'd have thought that would be obvious.
At any rate, I didn't think you could support your opinion that religious people are more likely to give than atheists.

As well, in all my mission trips since 1993, mostly with Habitat for Humanity, I have NEVER met an atheist. But, of course, that is only anecdotal evidence.
You actually ask everyone you meet if they are atheist or not? But at any rate, atheists are a minority so it isn't surprising that you wouldn't have met any, especially the ones that advertise the fact.
How many women do I meet in the supermarket that have gone through menopause? I don't know unless I ask.
How many people have I met that are handicapped in ways that aren't obvious? I don't know unless I ask.

I am also willing to bet that very few of the people in Haiti, who are there to help are atheists.
Maybe that's because they are vastly outnumbered by the amount of religious people.
If I look for a single Mac apple growing on my Gravenstein tree, am I likely to find one?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"You actually ask everyone you meet if they are atheist or not? But at any rate, atheists are a minority so it isn't surprising that you wouldn't have met any, especially the ones that advertise the fact."

No, but on Habitat for Humanity build sites there are morning and afternoon prayers. I would think that an atheist would have the integrity to stand aside during those prayers. I have not seen anybody who did not participate.

So, either the atheists there were total hypocrits, or there wasn't any.