CDN Election 2019

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
This forum would be much more pleasant if Bottle Boy and his Ilk were seen and not heard. Their debris is not needed!
Should I tell you Westerners who won?

The NDP has swept Atlantic Canada, a third of Quebec and two thirds of Ontario.

There are Bankers jumping off of the roofs of their office towers on Bay Street, as I post!

Oh! The humanity!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Should I tell you Westerners who won?

The NDP has swept Atlantic Canada, a third of Quebec and two thirds of Ontario.

There are Bankers jumping off of the roofs of their office towers on Bay Street, as I post!

Oh! The humanity!

You were watching Kevn O'Leary too!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
And NDP/Liberal coalition!!! Exactly what I hoped for. This should be the last "first past the post" election.

Honestly I hope it is.

That said, I'm pretty sure had the Cons gotten power, the idea of electoral reform wouldn't be on the agenda either.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Honestly I hope it is.

That said, I'm pretty sure had the Cons gotten power, the idea of electoral reform wouldn't be on the agenda either.
The only way the Cons would have won was with a majority government. The NDP already said they would not support them, so they would not have been able to form a minority government and it has been obvious for some time that they would be in the minority. At least now we have a chance at Pro Rep or Trudeau would face a non-confidence vote and we would have to go through this clown show all over again.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The only way the Cons would have won was with a majority government. The NDP already said they would not support them, so they would not have been able to form a minority government and it has been obvious for some time that they would be in the minority. At least now we have a chance at Pro Rep or Trudeau would face a non-confidence vote and we would have to go through this clown show all over again.

Actually, it's been proven over and over that first past the post is actually the best system. Most people prefer "simple".

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
OK...now that it's over (for now)......Bring on all the freebies you promised us Justin. I am holding my breath.
Let my rotten kids pay for them.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well, there is a silver lining to this election. Every day that parliament sits now, Jody Wilson- Raybould will be sitting about "arm's length" from Justin and every time he looks up he'll see her face reminding him what an Asshole he is. :)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Seriously people.....worst PM in Canadian history, hands down. You cant beat him. Ya think ya might have to do a rethink of your policies?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Although I didn't vote Liberal, the outcome is what I hoped for: an NDP/Liberal Coalition which would almost guarantee we will get proportional representation and an end to Liberal/Conservative dictatorships. This is the first step toward an end to the party system. What I really want to see is all seats being independents, no party affiliation, no more corporate control of the house, no more corruption. And no more dividing the country along party lines like it is now. The party system is a divide and conquer tactic that only benefits the ruling elite who are the real enemy of the people. As I have said for decades, "politics is a game they play to entertain the people while the ruling elite do whatever the hell they please." They laugh all the way to the bank while laughing at all the sheeple fighting over an imaginary system that is designed give the illusion of choice. "There is no choice. They own you" - George Carlin.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Although I didn't vote Liberal, the outcome is what I hoped for: an NDP/Liberal Coalition which would almost guarantee we will get proportional representation and an end to Liberal/Conservative dictatorships. This is the first step toward an end to the party system. What I really want to see is all seats being independents, no party affiliation, no more corporate control of the house, no more corruption. And no more dividing the country along party lines like it is now. The party system is a divide and conquer tactic that only benefits the ruling elite who are the real enemy of the people. As I have said for decades, "politics is a game they play to entertain the people while the ruling elite do whatever the hell they please." They laugh all the way to the bank while laugh at all the sheeple fighting over an imaginary system that is designed give the illusion of choice. "There is no choice. They own you" - George Carlin.

You're dreaming man. There is no system that will eliminate corruption. The only way is to address each instance when it happens and bring down the hammer.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Seriously people.....worst PM in Canadian history, hands down. You cant beat him. Ya think ya might have to do a rethink of your policies?
Really? I can't see it.

In my own lifetime both Harper and Mulroney were much worse.