Canadians say ties to monarchy should be cut when Queen dies

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Sometimes. But that reduces the amount of carbon generated.

And another thing: We often talk about the negative effects of cow farts, but there are more humans farting than bovines. People generate a lot of environmentally damaging gases. Maybe everyone with an a$$ should be taxed.

Just sayin'.

According to that logic, total nuclear war would be the best thing that could ever happen to the environment. Go go Trump!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
According to that logic, total nuclear war would be the best thing that could ever happen to the environment. Go go Trump!

Indeed. It would be the best thing since the asteroid impact 65 million years ago.

We need a new environment and nothing beats a push of the global reset button.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario

No, I'd go with an asteroid strike. Nuclear weapons might cause other problems. Having a giant rock hit the planet knocks bio-material into space and kills a bunch without possible 'glow in the dark' issues.

Now, limited nuclear strikes are an option I'd examine, if I had some say. I suspect they might be easier to manage.

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan
Sometimes. But that reduces the amount of carbon generated.

And another thing: We often talk about the negative effects of cow farts, but there are more humans farting than bovines. People generate a lot of environmentally damaging gases. Maybe everyone with an a$$ should be taxed.

Just sayin'.

Sure, but if we stopped eating foods devoid of natural enzymes... ie) cow meat... maybe we could be a fartless species and save the planet that way :p

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
That's what we need. Some thinking outside the box. But vegetarians tend to be more gaseous. That said, we might be able to farm them. Lock up all the vegetarians in a glass covered complex that can collect their emissions, and we can use it to burn and power things.

Because, honestly, how many times has someone said, "If we could only bottle that!" when a person near them lets one go.

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan
That's what we need. Some thinking outside the box. But vegetarians tend to be more gaseous. That said, we might be able to farm them. Lock up all the vegetarians in a glass covered complex that can collect their emissions, and we can use it to burn and power things.

Because, honestly, how many times has someone said, "If we could only bottle that!" when a person near them lets one go.

I can assure you... I am not more gaseous than a meat eater. Proper diet will do that for you

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Sure, but if we stopped eating foods devoid of natural enzymes... ie) cow meat... maybe we could be a fartless species and save the planet that way :p

I'm not too sure about that. I became more flatulent after going vegan. That said, I'm sure a vegan society would still produce less gas than all of the bovines we eat.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I'm not too sure about that. I became more flatulent after going vegan. That said, I'm sure a vegan society would still produce less gas than all of the bovines we eat.

I hope you're not suggesting that we just let bovines die off! They have a right to live, and breed and stuff. If we could communicate with them, I think they'd like the idea of helping save the planet. They could wear something like this. There could be serious money in cow fart collecting!

We could dance for the cows and make them want to be more involved!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdbXVveGB6Y

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
As much as Queen Elizabeth is more symbolic than an active contributor to Canada, I respect the tradition. She is patron to the Canadian Cancer Society, CDN Red Cross, CDN Humane Association and Colonel-in-Chief to the Armed Forces and the Grenadier Guards. Same as the UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc...Police Officers, Armed Forces, Public Servants, and new citizens swear alliance to the Queen (this one is probably going to change, new citizens don't want to accept this old tradition). In my opinion, I don't see any harm in being the oldest continuing monarchies in the world and for us to have a direct link to a powerful country like England. Plus my mom and my older beautiful aunts all love the Royal. LOL

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Police Officers, Armed Forces, Public Servants, and new citizens swear alliance to the Queen

... and to her heirs and sucessors. The oath is broken when we die, not when they die.

Then again, what's in a contract, eh?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No, I'd go with an asteroid strike. Nuclear weapons might cause other problems. Having a giant rock hit the planet knocks bio-material into space and kills a bunch without possible 'glow in the dark' issues.

Now, limited nuclear strikes are an option I'd examine, if I had some say. I suspect they might be easier to manage.

The evidence from nukes leaking would suggest otherwise.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
As much as Queen Elizabeth is more symbolic than an active contributor to Canada, I respect the tradition. She is patron to the Canadian Cancer Society, CDN Red Cross, CDN Humane Association and Colonel-in-Chief to the Armed Forces and the Grenadier Guards. Same as the UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc...Police Officers, Armed Forces, Public Servants, and new citizens swear alliance to the Queen (this one is probably going to change, new citizens don't want to accept this old tradition). In my opinion, I don't see any harm in being the oldest continuing monarchies in the world and for us to have a direct link to a powerful country like England. Plus my mom and my older beautiful aunts all love the Royal. LOL

Oldest continuing monarchy in the world? No. Our direct link to the country like England is called The Bank of England. The Queen ias a stock holder, so are the kids and thier relatives. They ain't english and I hesitate to comment further about thier actual path to power.

They are able to approximate a human quite convincingly however.

They are cultivated in large replicating sacks resmbling big sweet potatoes. I have visited the nursery.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Get rid of 'em. I have no problem with Lizzy, she's been a pretty classy lady throughout a lot of sh*t in her life. However, considering the Queen nor the GG really interferes in the affairs of the Canadian govt nor are in integral part of it, I see no reason to keep the arrangement beyond the Queen's passing.
The position of Queen of Canada is purely a titular position. Which means the GG is nothing more than an un-elected representative of a figurehead. Why do we want to keep this arrangement?