Canadians Are Officially Sick And Tired Of Justin Trudeau

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Some of the older folks i work with tell me that at the time they were tired of Harper and wanted a change.

The majority of those people now regret their decision from what i'm hearing.

Harper irritated the hell out of me with his identity politics, but Trudeau's identity politics are just of a different kind.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Yes, we need a raving lunatic... like a hole in the head.

Canada needs a nationalist, populist, dirigiste, progressive.. like Trump. The last thing the Conservative Party needs is another cruddy NeoCon like Mulroney or Harper (or like Mike Harris [ex premier of Ontario] the worst NeoCon of them all).

And it's quite possible given the corruption and degradation of the social and economic systems wrought by BOTH ruling parties over the last 50 years.. we need an iconoclast like Trump, a loose canon on the rolling seas and rotten deck of modern society.

At least not another shallow submissive ideologue.. but someone of strong character and independent vision.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Canada needs a nationalist, populist, dirigiste, progressive.. like Trump. The last thing the Conservative Party needs is another cruddy NeoCon like Mulroney or Harper (or like Mike Harris [ex premier of Ontario] the worst NeoCon of them all).

And it's quite possible given the corruption and degradation of the social and economic systems wrought by BOTH ruling parties over the last 50 years.. we need an iconoclast like Trump, a loose canon on the rolling seas and rotten deck of modern society.

At least not another shallow submissive ideologue.. but someone of strong character and independent vision.

So we need someone who's not afraid to grab 'er by the kitty? How righteous.

Last edited:

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
It is always hilarious to see so called Christians suspend their morals to support this immoral, repulsive excuse for a human being.

People do change, so I guess we can forgive Trump's past transgressions. But I don't see how one squares nationalism with the Christian Faith.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
...or tell the social conservatives that they need to accept left leaning governments if they are going to alienate 80% of the population with their fiscal irresponsibility and socially conservative agenda. If Canadians have a choice between two fiscally irresponsible parties they will choose the socially liberal one most of the time.

I actually agree with you on this. Conservatives need to keep the religion out of their politics and start operating fiscally.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Amazing really.

At one point, he couldn't step foot in the public without peoplekind clamoring for a selfie with him.... Now, just the sound of crickets

Don't think it would be a advisable for him to be jumping out of any caves shirtless at some random kid and eagerly posing for a selfie... might not turn out as good for him as it has in the past.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
As they often say, the honeymoon period is over. It ended before the Christmas holidays. It seems to me that the Liberal strategists are fumbling the ball. Trudeau has to be directed, like any other political leader. It's impossible to keep your finger on the pulse of citizens all by yourself - not that Trudeau has a talent doing this anyway.

The handlers and strategists must have had a big meeting after the India debacle.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Don't think it would be a advisable for him to be jumping out of any caves shirtless at some random kid and eagerly posing for a selfie... might not turn out as good for him as it has in the past.

The mental image generated reading that made me howl.

Thanks

The handlers and strategists must have had a big meeting after the India debacle.

This is what I don't get... After the first day, no later than the second day, his advisors would have known full well that his game of dress-up was back firing on him, so either they told him and JT ignored the advice (which is the explanation I lean towards) or they let him get fed to the wolves.

In either case, the damage is done

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I wonder if Trudeau has the clout to demand anything? He is not politically astute, and has no political experience. Given that they brought him in because of his name, how could Justin insist on anything? To me, this smacks of internal incompetence. The people tasked to manage his appointments, trips, etc. don't seem to be good at what they do.

They went with the selfie king and sunny ways routine too long. In the end, it has to be about governance.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I wonder if Trudeau has the clout to demand anything? He is not politically astute, and has no political experience. Given that they brought him in because of his name, how could Justin insist on anything? To me, this smacks of internal incompetence. The people tasked to manage his appointments, trips, etc. don't seem to be good at what they do.

I could see that although despite any incompetence, he does have access to many competent people behind the scenes that would (I assume) provide sound guidance.

That said, tater tot was in charge of staffing his office and whatnot.. He has to assume the responsibility in the end

They went with the selfie king and sunny ways routine too long. In the end, it has to be about governance.

Absolutely, but if you look back to his campaign, exactly what real policies did he present and run on?... Legalizing pot and Sunny Ways is all I can remember

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I think that whatever authority allowed him to retain control of his own staffing made a mistake. A big one. Trudeau is an arrogant person, IME, but has no track record. He must have said something like, if you want me, I get to choose my people.

Even then, you'd think someone would be riding shotgun, advising him on the go, and reporting back to the executive to prevent things like what happened in India. If they don't get a handle on him, he will defeat the Liberals all by himself. :lol: