Canadian Woman in Mexican Jail

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
$26,000 in severance, for being a cook that got fired?

Exactly!

$26,000.00 represented a year's salary which was in her agreement with the crook that employed her. She was after all a chef/cook and that salary was not particularly high by our standards.

By "Our" standards? FFS, that's more then what I'm getting paid..... and I can cook too.... give me a million friggin dollars!

If she knew her boss's business was a scam, why did she try to invest $10,000.00 in it?

If she was fired, then why would she invest anything into the company to begin with?

She was not given an interpreter. That alone would have seen the case thrown out in Canada. We should just bring her back to Canada and set her free as soon as possible.

BS.... I don't want that scam artist getting out. I also hope that Mexico rejects the transfer and holds her down in Mexico for her full jail time because the above is exactly what would occur. 6 months or less by the time she gets back into Canada and she'd be let out on good behavior and sympathy for her BS medical excuses.

Then Mexico would get PO'd with us on not respecting their laws and judgements, of letting out this Bi'atch who scammed their country and most likely the next time something like this happens, the Canadian in question will have a lot more to worry about.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Ding dong the witch is dead! Look at her swinging in the breeze!

It's time to boycott Mexico and take our tourist dollars somewhere else.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I've never had an inclination to go to Mexico to begin with, so, I'll gladly continue not going. Just, not for her sake.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The Conservative government did not come to her aid in the beginning until there was public pressure to do something.

She went to Mexico broke the law she got her trial and she was found guilty of money laundering and running a pyramid scheme and now she has to spend three more years in jail.

She said that her boss was running the scam but she was the secretary who new exactly what was going on.

Like any country including Canada when a foreign visitor breaks the law and they are caught they have to go to jail.

If she’s lucky and the Conservative party will makes a deal with the Mexican government to bring her back to Canada to serve her remainder of her time in jail because the Conservative party will try to sweep this under the rug and hope people will forget about this.

This is a perfect example of why Mexico should be avoided to travel to.

There just seems to be a vendetta on Canadians.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The Conservative government did not come to her aid in the beginning until there was public pressure to do something.

They had quite a bit of documentation that proved otherwise Liberalman. They'd been trying to help with the situation for quite a while.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Why, because she got caught and found guilty of commiting a crime in their country? Damn.... heaven forbid a Canadian can't get away with a crime in another country.... boo hoo.

Has anyone seen this alleged evidence that makes her guilty?
I agree if you're guilty you do the time. My sarcasm is against the bloodlust that's running through this thread.

Boycott Corona! Down with burritos! They make you fart anyway, adding to global warming.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Bzzzerrrp.... Wrong:

Brenda Martin received regular visits, calls: report
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/72462-brenda-martin-received-regular-visits.html

She went to Mexico broke the law she got her trial and she was found guilty of money laundering and running a pyramid scheme and now she has to spend three more years in jail.
She said that her boss was running the scam but she was the secretary who new exactly what was going on.

Secretary? I thought she said she was the cook?

Kook more like it.

Like any country including Canada when a foreign visitor breaks the law and they are caught they have to go to jail.
If she’s lucky and the Conservative party will makes a deal with the Mexican government to bring her back to Canada to serve her remainder of her time in jail because the Conservative party will try to sweep this under the rug and hope people will forget about this.

This is a perfect example of why Mexico should be avoided to travel to.

There just seems to be a vendetta on Canadians.

Just don't break the law or act like a jerk in other countries and there shoulnd't be a problem.

But I do hope she stays down there to serve her entire time. Although from what I seen on how they treat her, it might as well be a resort..... perhaps she should be thrown in our prisons afterall.

Remember, if you're afraid of dropping the soap, kill two birds with one stone and just "hide it."

I know I know, I'm a jerk.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Funniest thing about Corona is that somehow idiots with more money than brains have been tricked into thinking it's SO good it's worth like 4 bucks a bottle, and it's light-struck GARBAGE

I HATE corona so I will continue not drinking it either, but since it's what "trendy" folks drink it will continue selling well :D

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Brenda is winging her way home.

There is a gallows being set up on Parliament Hill and she will be promptly executed upon her arrival....no....sorry....that was a nightmare I had last night....my mistake.

She will be soundly thrashed on chat lines and talk shows across the country for the remainder of her life.....there that's better.

Welcome home Brenda.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/mexico_cda_prisoner

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Good.

Our government should pardon her tomorrow......on the condition she stay in the country for the next 3 years.

All done.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Good.

Our government should pardon her tomorrow......on the condition she stay in the country for the next 3 years.

All done.

yeah, that would be a good precedent to set. Good luck getting the next prisoner home from Mexico.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I believe in helping our citizens too, BUT isn't there a chance that she is 100% guilty, and
that is the case, take your medicine.
The story seems a little 'cloudy' to me, but I, just like the rest of you don't really know.

If she is guilty, she was really stupid in the first place to do what she did, if she is totally
innocent, I don't think it would have come to 'this'. How much was the severence pay she
received for being a 'maid'.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A lot of us have been doing a lot of speculating on what will be the most suitable penalty for this lady. one of us even suggested she serve the whole penalty in Mexico. I don't think any of us know any of the details about her involvement with her crooked boss. The lady was a cook/chef traveling with her employer. The measly $26,000.00(her boss made billions) she got as termination pretty much shows she wasn't in on the big money. If she is guilty of anything, it is probably ignorance, and a touch of stupidity.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
With a record, she'll have to surrender her passport. I don't know, it's just a gut reaction in me. Something about the crocodile tears, the dramatic begging, the suicide threats and the choreographed pleas by her mother didn't sit right. Then, she announces she'll be marketing bracelets, slippers, hats and jewelry all made by the girls on "cellblock A". Really, if I hated a place that badly, I'll be damned if I'd be bringing souvenirs back to help anyone from Hell. From reporters to Court people, she has been deemed a controller. I smell a well-played scam with lots of free publicity.

Woof!