Canada has very little patriotism...

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I live in an area where 3500 people live.

I have a cable connection.

And I have a town 15 minutes north, a town 20 minutes west. A town 25 minutes east, and a town 20 minutes south (north Dakota)

Its not different "regionally" in Canada then the USA. Towns are no further apart in Canada then they are in the USA>

my point exactly. You live ina built-up, well-populated area. You won't see what you claim doesnt exist because you're looking in the places where it cannot exist.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
You have no idea how people identify themselves with where they are from geographically within a nation as opposed to identifying themselves with the nation itself. Saying you've driven through areas does not make you an expert on regional culture/regional patriotism v national patriotism Seriously, either take a class on the subject, or STFU. Look a map for phucks sake.

This is about patriotism over-all... and their sure is no patriotism "regionally" in Canada... this is patriotism overall.

And Canada is just as "national" as the USA... I believe this as fact.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
FORTUNATELY, their is no separation of church and state in their constitution... they ensure the freedom to believe what you want, but thankfully nowhere in the US constitution does is say religion has to be taken out of the public/gov life. That constitution was drafted in a time where 99% of the people were Christian. Separation of Church & State never passed their minds, only the freedom to believe what you want and practice your beliefs freely, but never "taking religion out of the public square"

Show me where there is no seperation of church and state within their constitution. Quote the exact text. Thanks.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Canada has never had that type of love for our nation. And I speak for my generation when I say that.

Again West, I don't know how you can possibly think you speak for your generation. I am part of your generation. Perhaps you skipped my post. Take it for what you will. Maybe it's not typical of our generation, I have nothing to go on to say I speak for our generation. I'd like to know how it is you think that you can.

Speaking of love for our country, what does the careless nature by which you toss your refuse on the ground--our beautiful country renowned for it's natural wonders--say about your patriotism? I'd say if that is any indication of your level of patriotism you surely cannot speak for the entirety of our generation.

Your one dimensional view on what patriotism is would be funny were it not for the sad fact that you feel you can speak for a whole generation, as diverse as the country is wide.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
my point exactly. You live ina built-up, well-populated area. You won't see what you claim doesnt exist because you're looking in the places where it cannot exist.

But the problem is 95% of the population is in the "built-up" areas!

And the USA can have these unbuilt areas too.

Its not exclusively Canadian

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
This is about patriotism over-all... and their sure is no patriotism "regionally" in Canada... this is patriotism overall.

And Canada is just as "national" as the USA... I believe this as fact.

Yes. I know wtf the thread is about. My comment was about regionalism vs patriotism.

You said you were a student, right? What is your major?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Thankyou, I can't do it anymore. I need help, he's driving me crazier and crazier, please tell me he's not real please help---------

I'm thinking he's not real. No one can be that daft. I would blame the Catholic school system, but look at me, I''m a freakin genius.

Did you know there are towns every 20 minutes in south western Manitoba? Man, things sure have changed from when I lived there. :D :lol:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Some of the people here have crossed over the line of opinion into insult.
Westmanguy I am sorry you are being insulted and crude epithets are being thrown at you.
I can't say any more - actually I can't even call the moderators - they are here - contributing.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I'm not feeding the westmantroll any more. I'm going to sum up my feelings:

1) patriotism is fine and dandy
2) it's better if it's INFORMED patriotism, ie the person learns what their country is all about BEFORE they decide to be proud of it
3) There seems to be some doubt as to whether the OP was correct in assuming that canadians have less patriotism than the yanks anyway.

goodbye :)

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...."

If this is the case then their should now laws telling the 10 commandments to be kicked out of courts.

Making no laws pertaining to religion or prohibition of religion.

Nowhere does it say, Biblical texts, or Christian values got to be taken out of gov.

Christianity is the truth, and the US realizes that... if it was the way you say it is: How come Bush always says God Bless America, and makes multiple references to prayer and God.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I speak my mind, but I don`t specifically insult and individual.

I have `Super Genius` as my ranking too

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...."

If this is the case then their should now laws telling the 10 commandments to be kicked out of courts.

Making no laws pertaining to religion or prohibition of religion.

Nowhere does it say, Biblical texts, or Christian values got to be taken out of gov.

Christianity is the truth, and the US realizes that... if it was the way you say it is: How come Bush always says God Bless America, and makes multiple references to prayer and God.

Freedom of religious expression does not equate 'no separation of church and state', which is what you said is not outlined in the constitution (American) or did I read that wrong.. However, the states were free to establish a state religion without out interference from the feds. If memory serves me correctly.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Anyone want some ice cream?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yes. I know wtf the thread is about. My comment was about regionalism vs patriotism.

You said you were a student, right? What is your major?

He is a high school student.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Its says gov. to make no laws or leg. pertaining to religion.

If thats so, then 10 Commandments should not have been taken out of courts.