Canada has very little patriotism...

tbud

Aug 20, 2006
Singing songs to the empire at Games, is a brainwashing tool with a long long history. Oh let us hear once more about our glorous battles of old, of the rockets red glare, of the sword and the cross, of the sons who protect our so-called "Native" land.

Ah shut up 'n drop the puck!

One should be loyal and patriotic about what's right with your country, and critical and politically active about what needs to be changed. Blind patriotism is a fools game.
Nationalism on the other hand is believing that ones country is better than all the others, along with an inability to appreciate other peoples cultures, and an unwillingness to see within people what is common to us all. The right to live in peace and prosperity must be an international right.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Canada has lots of cities and towns.

When I drive their is a town every 20 minutes...

Its no more "regional" then the USA.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
What? Where I live their is a town every 20 minutes.

I have drived throughout the USA... North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, California, Montana, Idaho, Utah... I have been on drives through all those states.

And the "distance" or "regionalism" is no different then when I drive through Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC... no different.

So I will not STFU.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!

I have drived throughout the USA... North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, California, Montana, Idaho, Utah... I have been on drives through all those states.

And the "distance" or "regionalism" is no different then when I drive through Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC... no different.

So I will not STFU.

have you ever been north of say, 52°?

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Canada has very little... April 15th, 2007 03:16 PM Idiotic
Who?

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The majority of Canada's population is Edmonton and down.

Population in Canada is all near the border.

So I don't equate 40 000 people UP NORTH, to defend how we are different "regionally" then the USA.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Westmanguy
I enjoy your opinions of the U.S. seen with a less jaded eye than most Canadians - and please understand I am not trying to change your opinion - it is fun to see you write such things - but please consider it isn't always as you believe it to be.
Life is not 9/11 thank god. I hope Canadians never have to experience that kind of national tragedy...ever.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Honestly, not being anti-Canada, but from my observations very little Canadians have patriotism.

I mean absolutely nowhere near the USA.

In the USA patriotism is drilled into you at birth.

I mean I think most Canadians like their quality of life in Canada, but their is no real passion for our country.

And it seems the only patriotic thing we got is Hockey..

Thoughts? And is this good or bad? And should we put more importance into patriotism for Canadians.

(eg. Canada wouldn't care if someone burned our flag, in the USA it would be bloody mayhem)
If you move to the US you should stop throwing garbage out your car window. They don't like that kind of patriotism. They also like their Constitution so I wouldn't try promoting the integration of Church and State thing too much.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I live in an area where 3500 people live.

I have a cable connection.

And I have a town 15 minutes north, a town 20 minutes west. A town 25 minutes east, and a town 20 minutes south (north Dakota)

Its not different "regionally" in Canada then the USA. Towns are no further apart in Canada then they are in the USA>

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Don't let it worry you Herm. Westmanguy is uncalled for.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
If you move to the US you should stop throwing garbage out your car window. They don't like that kind of patriotism. They also like their Constitution so I wouldn't try promoting the integration of Church and State thing too much.

FORTUNATELY, their is no separation of church and state in their constitution... they ensure the freedom to believe what you want, but thankfully nowhere in the US constitution does is say religion has to be taken out of the public/gov life. That constitution was drafted in a time where 99% of the people were Christian. Separation of Church & State never passed their minds, only the freedom to believe what you want and practice your beliefs freely, but never "taking religion out of the public square"

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

So I will not STFU.

You have no idea how people identify themselves with where they are from geographically within a nation as opposed to identifying themselves with the nation itself. Saying you've driven through areas does not make you an expert on regional culture/regional patriotism v national patriotism Seriously, either take a class on the subject, or STFU. Look a map for phucks sake.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
So my name has turned into an insult now... your going to start saying "Your nothing but a piece of skum Westmanguy"... well that was personally unwanted for me.