Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Cursed us with wealth, peace, and prosperity undreamed of in the vast majority of the world and the entirety of history.

I like "murder anybody who doesn't agree with us." It's traditional.
Nice tunnel vision bones. Nothin better than a broad perspective.

The Election and the Judgment of God

"Nearly 40 years ago, in a famous speech at Harvard University, the great Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn said: 'There are meaningful warnings which history gives a threatened or perishing society. Such are, for instance, the decadence of art, or a lack of great statesmen.'

Talk about prophetic!

Folks, I might as well just say it: I am convinced that this election is an indication that God is judging America.

Now claiming to know God’s mind both for what and with what He is bringing judgment is theologically indefensible and only makes us look silly. (You may recall a few notable Christians who stuck their foot in their mouths after 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina). And yet, as Stephen Keillor argued in his book God’s Judgments, it is also theologically indefensible to not acknowledge God’s working in history, including through acts of judgment.

And in this case, I am ready to say, God is judging our country. Why? As my colleague Roberto Rivera often says, 'The five scariest words in the Bible are, ‘…and God gave them over’.

The most common way God judges is with the natural consequences of our choices and behavior. This is especially true in politics, which is mostly downstream from – and a reflection of – the broader culture. In other words, especially in our country, we tend to get the leaders we deserve."
The Election and the Judgment of God

"Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done." (Romans 1:28 NIV)

In what ways has God given western civilization over? How should the body of Christ respond?
And in what context was your hero Saul speaking in that passage?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Your original statement is cited above, LL. You have a point to make about Paul's context. Please tell us ...
Saul was a misogynist woman hater. I really don't understand women who perpetuate this religious view that women are inferior to men, that they should be subservient to their husband's needs. God created woman last because she was the crowning jewel of his creation.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Your original statement is cited above, LL. You have a point to make about Paul's context. Please tell us ...
Maybe you can touch on temple prostitution for us. Not sure I'd care to beat it into the ground.

Saul was a misogynist woman hater. I really don't understand women who perpetuate this religious view that women are inferior to men, that they should be subservient to their husband's needs. God created woman last because she was the crowning jewel of his creation.
Saul enjoyed Timothy's company Cliffy not sure he was attracted to the Ladies.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Maybe you can touch on temple prostitution for us. Not sure I'd care to beat it into the ground.

Saul enjoyed Timothy's company Cliffy not sure he was attracted to the Ladies.
Yes and he liked young boys. Jesus hung out with 12 men. I'll let you come to your own conclusions.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013

I have not appreciated this context, LL. What would you like us to know about it?