And again... (Another US Shooting)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I disagree. I think that if the conclusion is that the cops didn't(couldn't?) do their jobs, all law abiding citizens must be armed because there is no one to look out for them. It would be " the government has ceased to function at protecting us, so we have to defend ourselves".
In what way is that not true? The police don't prevent crime. Sometimes they solve it. But as the saying goes "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." If the cops stopped crime in progress, you'd think it would happen more often, considering what we spend on them.

Reactions: Serryah

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
pigs are useless as usual and usa lax gun laws spilling into Canada, as gun violence rises here with guns coming into the country from the border.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I'd even wonder if those who support the cops in Texas are as supportive of the police in NS who failed their jobs with that mass shooting.

Like you I sympathize with the police on a lot of things, but when massive fails happen that cost lives, there IS no excusing it.
Shoulda sent in the psychologist to talk down the crazy shooter, isn't that what you were defending with defund the police?

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Shoulda sent in the psychologist to talk down the crazy shooter, isn't that what you were defending with defund the police?

Yeah, the self righteous nitwits are flooding the Internet, FB, Twitter.. same crowd crying Defund police, the anti-Police are now crying the police didn’t act fast enough.. 😂

I think the police in the USA need to all go on strike and we have a Purge… in short make sute accidents like Biden don’t happen again

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

If this was just a psych issue, sure.

This wasn't and you damn well know that. But I don't expect you to actually be truthful or honest about any of this situation.

Stop being a fucking idiot and looking for excuses to avoid blaming the cops for this. And the assholes who don't give a sweet fuck about the lives that were taken that day.

Your good guys with their guns did not stop this bad guy with a gun.

More guns did not stop this kid from killing those kids or their teachers.

Those cops did not stop that kid from killing those kids or their teachers.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Pretty clear you want to just say "Good game, guys. You did the best you could. Can't win 'em all. Let's go get a beer. Pay no attention to the twenty-one corpses. Just one of those things."
Yes that is exactly what he wrote . The queen of putting words in ones mouth .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
In what way is that not true? The police don't prevent crime. Sometimes they solve it. But as the saying goes "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." If the cops stopped crime in progress, you'd think it would happen more often, considering what we spend on them.
Ever hear of a doughnut shop being robbed?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If this was just a psych issue, sure.

This wasn't and you damn well know that. But I don't expect you to actually be truthful or honest about any of this situation.

Stop being a fucking idiot and looking for excuses to avoid blaming the cops for this. And the assholes who don't give a sweet fuck about the lives that were taken that day.

Your good guys with their guns did not stop this bad guy with a gun.

More guns did not stop this kid from killing those kids or their teachers.

Those cops did not stop that kid from killing those kids or their teachers.
I don't blame the cops at all. I blame upper management. If this is a city force, then the mayor is #1 on the hit list. If it is a county force, then whoever heads police services is on the hook for not providing proper training.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't blame the cops at all. I blame upper management. If this is a city force, then the mayor is #1 on the hit list. If it is a county force, then whoever heads police services is on the hook for not providing proper training.
Yes, you've made it clear that there is no circumstance under which you will blame anybody wearing a badge.

• Haha

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yes, you've made it clear that there is no circumstance under which you will blame anybody wearing a badge.
When the majority of parents present at the school during this incident where willing to storm the school without body armour or firearms…that says a lot. They where will to be a human shield for armed law enforcement wearing level four body armour to try to save their children.

Nineteen children & two teachers (over the course of an hour) didn’t go home that night, but every armed & armoured officer present did.

I still wonder what would’ve happened if a CBP Team wasn’t eventually available. Would the shooter have eventually exchanged some of the children for pizza & more ammunition?

I’m sure we’ve all read about policy from the outcome of Columbine from 1999 vs what happened this time, and I’m also assuming that the police union will argue that the officers number one goal is to go home safe at night….but will there be fall out to the officers for only responding by tazering or pepper spraying or tackling & handcuffing the parents of these kids? That’s some pretty shitty optics on top of the “inaccurate“ accounting of the initial response & timeline.

Everybody, everywhere, with very few exceptions, carries a cell phone with audio & video capability on their persons in this day and age….so how does law enforcement believe that none of the “inaccuracies“ spun to the media initially will not be quickly exposed for what they are? “Show me the video!” has turned into an acceptable response to crazy sounding claims for this reason.

At this point I am assuming that the only people to lose their jobs over this police response to the school shooting are going to be two teachers.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
but will there be fall out to the officers for only responding by tazering or pepper spraying or tackling & handcuffing the parents of these kids?
Sure. If one or more of the parents can afford several tens of thousands of dollars for a lawyer, they can get on the court docket and have their case heard in. . . oh, probably 2025 or so.

Qualified immunity. Case dismissed.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I hate to bring this up again, ya know, "whataboutism", but while this thread has gone along another 55 kids 15 and under were killed by people who were texting and driving and another 11 will be killed before the end of today. Nothing but crickets from the media and all the people who profess to care so fucking deeply about the safety of children.

Once again, I firmly believe that the people who knee-jerk emotional responses to school shootings (outside of the parents of the victims) really don't give a shit about kids being killed or in how many numbers as long as it wasn't by someone with a firearm. Sorry, not sorry if that statement pisses people off. I don't give a damn about their hypocrisy or their faux moralizing about guns.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I hate to bring this up again, ya know, "whataboutism", but while this thread has gone along another 55 kids 15 and under were killed by people who were texting and driving and another 11 will be killed before the end of today. Nothing but crickets from the media and all the people who profess to care so fucking deeply about the safety of children.

Once again, I firmly believe that the people who knee-jerk emotional responses to school shootings (outside of the parents of the victims) really don't give a shit about kids being killed or in how many numbers as long as it wasn't by someone with a firearm. Sorry, not sorry if that statement pisses people off. I don't give a damn about their hypocrisy or their faux moralizing about guns.
OK, I would support a law requiring mobile-phone manufacturers to devise ways to disable the texting feature of phones whilst a car is in motion. And I would support laws dramatically increasing the penalties for texting & driving.

I'd ask you what laws you'd support to keep pissed-off teenage boys from getting hold of military-grade hardware, no questions asked, but I doubt you'll answer. Probably just babble more about texting and driving.

Reactions: Serryah

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
An angry teen with no stability in his life, no parental control and red flags all over the place. So why would anyone not report him? It's insane.

People need to pay attention and/or bring concerns to someone in authority. Oh, that's right - due to stupid politics, no one trusts anyone in authority anymore because we're so divided & many young ones are confused and adults are to blame, not guns. No one trusts authority anymore so this is what you get apparently....people who are seriously deranged and/or have mental health issues with lax background checks, get guns and do bad things.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
An angry teen with no stability in his life, no parental control and red flags all over the place. So why would anyone not report him? It's insane.

People need to pay attention and/or bring concerns to someone in authority. Oh, that's right - due to stupid politics, no one trusts anyone in authority anymore because we're so divided & many young ones are confused and adults are to blame, not guns. No one trusts authority anymore so this is what you get apparently....people who are seriously deranged and/or have mental health issues with lax background checks, get guns and do bad things.
Report what? That he was angry and didn't like his mother and grandmother? Even if true, what basis is that for denying a fundamental Constitutional right?

Can we deny everybody who's angry the right to freedom of speech and the press? Might as well shut down Fox News.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Report what? That he was angry and didn't like his mother and grandmother? Even if true, what basis is that for denying a fundamental Constitutional right?

Can we deny everybody who's angry the right to freedom of speech and the press? Might as well shut down Fox News.
Fox news is quite trustworthy considering their opposition babe!

However, even if nothing is done legally (because he has to kill or hurt someone before anything can be done). there needs to be a reporting process whereby anyone exhibiting dangerous activities or posting threats on social media or killing animals - need to be reported somewhere or to someone. I don't know the answer but this man was a raging lunatic that various people had concerns with yet they did nothing - why?

The Democrats keep saying that more gun laws need to be enacted but that is naïve thinking because nothing that the Democrats would have implemented would have stopped this (or Buffalo) from happening.

While he got these guns legally, if he hadn't been able to he would have got them elsewhere illegally. One thing I agree with is that better background checks need to be taken as it sounds as though they're pretty inferior to what they should be.

Listen to what some of the students and adults said AFTER the fact. It sounds like he was angry enough to blow and no one paid enough attention to him to even realize how determined he was to go through with what he did. The fact that he was prepared to die tells us that much at least.

His mom was likely "bossed" around by him as he was a bully. She stated that "he was a good boy, please forgive him as he must have had a good reason." Seriously? So bad parenting may also go along with this but we'll likely never know.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Not much. I'll wait for facts and not get all bent out of shape on lefty conspiracy theories.

So in other words, you're one of those pieces of shit who are making excuses for these kids being murdered.

The only "conspiracies" are coming from the Right as they end over backwards to appease the pro-massacre, more guns crowd of the NRA.

At least you were partly honest in your lack of actually giving a shit about this situation by admitting you aren't paying attention at all.