And again... (Another US Shooting)

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
I just wonder what was going through these officer's heads while they were standing there waiting for instructions? The pressure must have been intense. I wonder how many of them will succumb, either though heart attacks or suicide like the cops did after the Jan 6 "Insurrection"

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I just wonder what was going through these officer's heads while they were standing there waiting for instructions? The pressure must have been intense. I wonder how many of them will succumb, either though heart attacks or suicide like the cops did after the Jan 6 "Insurrection"
Texas cops? Probably something very much along the lines of "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. . ."

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Perhaps they were noticing that the doughnuts at the local doughnut store was on sale and were making a skip-the-dishes order (they have skip down there?).

Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Perhaps they were noticing that the doughnuts at the local doughnut store was on sale and were making a skip-the-dishes order (they have skip down there?).
The Southern Tim Hortons is called Krispy Kreme (the Northern one is Dunkin' Donuts).

I've tried to explain to them that cream isn't supposed to be crispy, and if it is, you really should throw it away, but they never listen.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So in other words, you're one of those pieces of shit who are making excuses for these kids being murdered.

The only "conspiracies" are coming from the Right as they end over backwards to appease the pro-massacre, more guns crowd of the NRA.

At least you were partly honest in your lack of actually giving a shit about this situation by admitting you aren't paying attention at all.
You really have to remove the mirror over your computer.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Yes, you've made it clear that there is no circumstance under which you will blame anybody wearing a badge.
You can't blame someone for not doing their job if they were not trained properly. What if the cops had all run in there with guns blazing like you want and more kids were killed? Would that all be the cop's fault as well?

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You can't blame someone for not doing their job if they were not trained properly. What if the cops had all run in there with guns blazing like you want and more kids were killed? Would that all be the cop's fault as well?
Of course not. They're true blue and never, ever do anything wrong.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
OK, I would support a law requiring mobile-phone manufacturers to devise ways to disable the texting feature of phones whilst a car is in motion. And I would support laws dramatically increasing the penalties for texting & driving.

I'd ask you what laws you'd support to keep pissed-off teenage boys from getting hold of military-grade hardware, no questions asked, but I doubt you'll answer. Probably just babble more about texting and driving.
Well, how's about I quote you.
Report what? That he was angry and didn't like his mother and grandmother? Even if true, what basis is that for denying a fundamental Constitutional right?

Can we deny everybody who's angry the right to freedom of speech and the press? Might as well shut down Fox News.
As for laws, there already are laws. Can't buy a long gun until you're 18 and can't buy a handgun until you're 21. If an 18yr old is mature and responsible enough to vote, join the army and be handed actual military hardware to kill people, or drive (and own) a 1 ton potential death machine from the time they turn 16, they're mature enough and responsible enough to own a rifle.
I mean how does one infringe on a fundamental Constitutional right that shall not be infringed without coming across as a dictator? I do realize that rights must have some restriction or else you have anarchy and he US does have some restriction including age limits, and firearms that are completely off-limits or can't be bought/owned without a federal permit.

Mass shootings aren't a gun problem, they're a societal problem. Blaming the gun is like blaming the car when a drunk driver kills someone.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

But after Sandy Hook...

Who cares, move along.

(and for some idiots here, that's sarcasm)
Just like the 77 kids who have been killed by texting drivers since the shooting and the approximately 330/month who were killed so far this year. Who cares, move along and whine about guns, right?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
So in other words, you're one of those pieces of shit who are making excuses for these kids being murdered.

The only "conspiracies" are coming from the Right as they end over backwards to appease the pro-massacre, more guns crowd of the NRA.

At least you were partly honest in your lack of actually giving a shit about this situation by admitting you aren't paying attention at all.
Impressive response and idiotic as well. Guess that's par for the course!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, how's about I quote you.

As for laws, there already are laws. Can't buy a long gun until you're 18 and can't buy a handgun until you're 21. If an 18yr old is mature and responsible enough to vote, join the army and be handed actual military hardware to kill people, or drive (and own) a 1 ton potential death machine from the time they turn 16, they're mature enough and responsible enough to own a rifle.
I mean how does one infringe on a fundamental Constitutional right that shall not be infringed without coming across as a dictator? I do realize that rights must have some restriction or else you have anarchy and he US does have some restriction including age limits, and firearms that are completely off-limits or can't be bought/owned without a federal permit.

Mass shootings aren't a gun problem, they're a societal problem. Blaming the gun is like blaming the car when a drunk driver kills someone.
Apparently Britain, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Finland, and Italy don't have societal problems.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Just like the 77 kids who have been killed by texting drivers since the shooting and the approximately 330/month who were killed so far this year. Who cares, move along and whine about guns, right?
Whatabout the whatabout?

Whatabout the kids killed by drunk drivers? You don't care, obviously. You're perfectly happy to have someone at three times the legal limit blasting down the road. Who cares, move along and whine about texting, right?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
As opposed, of course, to your fine example of a fact-filled, carefully-considered, and well-reasoned response.
Which is of course opens it up for you to jump in right behind her with a fine example of a fact filled , carefully-considered and well reasoned response .

Reactions: taxslave

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Apparently Britain, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Finland, and Italy don't have societal problems.
Not to the extent that the US does but yeah, they do. A lack of legal accessibility to firearms isn't preventing societal violence in most of those countries, not even self-inflicted violence. Japan has one of the highest suicide rates in the world, but yeah, they're just fine.
Canada routinely saw more stabbings than shootings per year until recently, but yeah, we're just fine.
Even the US saw a Christmas parade massacre without the perpetrator firing a single shot. But guns are the problem. Hell, McVeigh and Nichols hold the dubious "distinction" for the largest domestically-sourced mass murder in modern US history and they didn't fire a single shot.

A lack of mass shootings is not indicative of a lack of societal problems either. Hell it's not even indicative of lack of murder or mass murder.

I guess the real question is, is the frequency with which it happens in the US just a by-product of being a gun owning nation? Or is the growing frequency a result of the politics of division? Or is it a deeper societal problem?

Hell, even when Canada had easier access to "military grade assault style weapons" as the alarmists like to call them, we still didn't have the mass shootings the US did during that same period.
Studying the stats before Dubya was president there was an average of two or fewer mass shootings per year in the US. During Bush's presidency that number rose to around 4-5 per yr. By the end of Obama's presidency, the number was up to around one every 6-8 weeks. I don't know what the frequency is now but considering Americans have always had access to semi-automatic firearms, I doubt the continuing increase is the fault of the firearm.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Whatabout the whatabout?

Whatabout the kids killed by drunk drivers? You don't care, obviously. You're perfectly happy to have someone at three times the legal limit blasting down the road. Who cares, move along and whine about texting, right?
Same shit, different pile. My point is vehicles are used as weapons or become unintentional weapons and nobody really gives a fuck even though it happens multiple times a day. It's just not "sexy" enough to exploit for political hay-making purposes.
Owning guns is a govt-only approved responsibility apparently, while car ownership and driving are god given fundamental rights.